English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Jorge ROLANDO has completed his move to Arsenal from Birmingham City in a swap deal for Nicolas LOMBAERTS and Piotr TROCHOWSKI

Pretty pleased with this :) Neither were really playing for me so I brought in a player that I like and Rhys gets a bit more depth to his side.

I'm now looking to bring in a 88-90 rated winger B)

Shrewsbury win promotion through the play-offs! I went ultra defensive' date=' earned the draw and lucked out on penalties.

It took four seasons, but I finally made it to D1 from D4.

In other news, new Lyon defender Bakary Kone signed for the Shrews. I hope he follows in the tradition of Koscielny and Ecuele Manga in making a name for himself from Ligue 2.[/quote']

An amazing achievement!:eek:

Congratulations to everyone else who was promoted last night.:)

Shrewsbury win promotion through the play-offs! I went ultra defensive' date=' earned the draw and lucked out on penalties.

It took four seasons, but I finally made it to D1 from D4.

In other news, new Lyon defender Bakary Kone signed for the Shrews. I hope he follows in the tradition of Koscielny and Ecuele Manga in making a name for himself from Ligue 2.[/quote']

Delighted for you mate - really well deserved. Gutted that for the first time in 5579 I wont be playing league football against you!

Bolton Wanderers are looking to do some off season transfers , hoping to improve the squad so all players are open to offers although i would like to part with more than others. If anyone's interested get in contact and were negotiate something. (Just wrote a huge pretty post which i lost so sorry this is brief).

Let's keep off season interesting!

Cheers for having me lads' date=' but my time was up. Best of luck, and thanks for having me, loved every minute of time at PNE and this fantastic set-up. :)[/font']

:(

It's a shame to see you go Rob as you have done a great job with PNE. On the bright side, maybe the next manager will sell me KP Boateng and then Lukaku.:P

Cheers for having me lads' date=' but my time was up. Best of luck, and thanks for having me, loved every minute of time at PNE and this fantastic set-up. :)[/font']

Sad to see you go mate, when Arshavin scores it just won't be the same anymore :(:P

The two final pieces to the Hartlepool puzzle are on their way to Victoria Park. French midfielder Abou Diaby will be coming in from Leicester City for a fee of £13m, while Spanish centre-back Alberto Botia is set to arrive from Ipswich Town for a fee of £2.3m plus Ukranian Taras Mykhalik. That second deal represents a loss in quality rating-rise, but Botia should prove to be a more valuable commodity in the transfer market when his transfer ban expires, plus he's a decent player.

Here's how my squad shall be looking in preparation for Season Five, including the loan of Ideye Brown from Portsmouth that has already been agreed.

1st XI:

Bravo 88

Munoz 88 - Maicon 88 - Botia 88

Piszczek 88 - - - Medel 88 - - - Emanuelson 89

De Guzman 88 - Diaby 89

Bodmer 89

Brown 88 LN

2nd XI:

Varas 87

Rosales 87 - Baysse 87 - M'Bengue 87

Kombarov 87 - - - N'Guemo 87 - - - Belay 87

Rudy 87 - Mvuemba 88

Gundogan 87

Riviere 87

For the future:

Neto 85

G. Pirez 75 - Fernandez 85 - Tagliafico 78

Oliveira 75

Usami 83 - Haruna 84 - Lamela 86 - Weiss 86

Ferreyra 80 - Garcia 85

That last team is full of players who I have very high hopes for, with a handful of others who can't even make that side. And that's forgetting about the mass of risers I have stored away ready for sale when their transfer bans expire, at a point when I'm a fair few million in the red once again.

Very happy with the new look of my squad. :)

:( Not happy. You can't avoid getting beaten through the Xbox though! :P

Got the PNE job offer (my first ever job offer actually! :eek:). If anyone wants to get involved in this setup, just contact me and I'll reject the offer right away. ;)

:( Not happy. You can't avoid getting beaten through the Xbox though! :P

Got the PNE job offer (my first ever job offer actually! :eek:). If anyone wants to get involved in this setup' date=' just contact me and I'll reject the offer right away. ;)[/quote']

It is unlikely that he would loose to you:p

Oh and it is a shame to see Rob go, done a great job at Preston.

It is unlikely that he would loose to you:p

Oh and it is a shame to see Rob go' date=' done a great job at Preston.[/quote']

Ouch! You may be better than I me but I may be better than Rob. ;):P

Yeah, it wass an awful lot of success he achieved with Preston. The next manager will surely have to achieve a lot things before he can measure himself with Rob.

The offer for Alain TRAORE of AJ Auxerre from Portsmouth has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Bagged two goals in the first two leagues games for Auxerre this season. Should hopefully have a chance of rising if he keeps it up. He's available for loan next season, as are the following players;

Suarez(88)

De Las Cuevas(88)

Shishkin(87)

Nainggloan(87)

Mkhitaryan(87)

Mario Gaspar(87)

Zanka Jorgensen(87)

Konoplyanka(87)

Sapeta(86)

Ionov(85)

along with everyone in my youth team.:)

I can also use these players in 2 for 1 deals for youngish(under 26) 88/89 players. Let me know if you fancy doing some deals.

After 91 games at Bradford City I have decided to accept the job offer from Nottingham Forest.

Good luck to whoever get the Bradford City job' date=' I hope you do well in Europe this season ;)[/quote']

To brilliant managers left there teams within hours of each other. We need a few good managers to fill these spots so Tom you really need to get on the case here.

Shame to see Rob leave the setup altogether though

After 91 games at Bradford City I have decided to accept the job offer from Nottingham Forest.

Good luck to whoever get the Bradford City job' date=' I hope you do well in Europe this season ;)[/quote']

Well I decided to step up and take it,mainly because the club is in Division 3 and I was coming to the end of my time with Burton in Division 4 so it's better to jump ship job wise than leave the setup altogether,quite a bit of work is needed to stay up in all honesty but given a few loans and a few signings we've got some great youth for depth.

As I'm not a gold manager we'll probably fail in Europe but it should hopefully bring in some good revenue.

Well I decided to step up and take it' date='mainly because the club is in Division 3 and I was coming to the end of my time with Burton in Division 4 so it's better to jump ship job wise than leave the setup altogether,quite a bit of work is needed to stay up in all honesty but given a few loans and a few signings we've got some great youth for depth.

As I'm not a gold manager we'll probably fail in Europe but it should hopefully bring in some good revenue.[/quote']

Division 4 should be easier! :D

You've done brilliantly with Burton there Andy and you deserved a step up to Div 3, I wonder who'll get Burton. You should do well there mate. Gd Luck.