English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

The offer for Daniel CONGRE of Leyton Orient from Preston North End has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Another one of my old players joining from leyton 9 million heading in the other direction. That's the defence complete now :)

Well Ive been away on a mini holiday from SM & 5579 for a few days taking a little breather from all the previews I did last season...

And it appears during that time a heck of a lot of managerial changes have occured.

Where do I start? How many of these am i correct with / missed?

Robs left completly from Preston?

Pazzano is now Andre Villas Boas? :D

Machine left Notts Forest

Forest now have Gary Townsend from Bradford

Toon's left Burton and joined Bradford

Duffman has joined Preston

MUFC joined Torquay, Dom left

Scotchegg left Depleted Doncaster

Scotchegg joined Yeovil

Doncaster managed by ???

Phew and I bet I missed some in all!

Season 5 will have a new look to it

Had three excellent risers in the past week. They were:

May Mahlangu +5 > 83

Mostafa Abdellaoue +5 > 82

Kim Ojo +4 > 82

Those three players initially cost Hartlepool United approximately £3m and should now bring in over £9m in seven weeks time at which point they shall be sold for a healthy profit. That should allow me to comfortably clear my inevitable debt that shall amount over the coming weeks, with futher money-makers to hopefully become apparent in that time. :)

Also brought in Carlos Luque the other day for a fee of £720k. The young Argentine has been impressive for the national under-20 side this summer in Colombia and is one for the future.

Joe Hart is for sale!

Dont particulary want him to be honest, might have something to do with who he plays for IRL :o

Anyway, want a good replacement for him 89+ and I want someone not necessarily proven but someone that is good :o:) will take a straight swap or a GK and a youngster. Oh yeah (no donkeys needed)

Joe Hart is for sale!

Dont particulary want him to be honest' date=' might have something to do with who he plays for IRL :o

Anyway, want a good replacement for him 89+ and I want someone not necessarily proven but someone that is good :o:) will take a straight swap or a GK and a youngster. Oh yeah (no donkeys needed)[/quote']

I'll trade you 2 chocolate bars ... 3 rare pokemon cards and a halfeaten pizza slice !

Had three excellent risers in the past week. They were:

May Mahlangu +5 > 83

Mostafa Abdellaoue +5 > 82

Kim Ojo +4 > 82

Those three players initially cost Hartlepool United approximately £3m and should now bring in over £9m in seven weeks time at which point they shall be sold for a healthy profit.

Neat piece of business, mate.

I'm leaving for New York tomorrow morning. I'll be gone for two weeks, so I won't be home for the start of the season. Anyways good luck to all!

Guest drseanfitz

Neat piece of business' date=' mate.

I'm leaving for New York tomorrow morning. I'll be gone for two weeks, so I won't be home for the start of the season. Anyways good luck to all![/quote']

enjoy the big apple,

will echo Jinx and say good luck everyone.

A great piece of meaningless knowledge there Jooles :)

Thanks! :D (it's all I've got right now :o)

Hang on, let me re-word it then: Hmm, a quick look shows that division 1's 13th placed Crystal Palace are 44th in terms of value in the set-up...

There, that sounds better, less implicit :)

Thanks! :D (it's all I've got right now :o)

Hang on' date=' let me re-word it then: Hmm, a quick look shows that division 1's 13th placed Crystal Palace are 44th in terms of value in the set-up...

There, that sounds better, less implicit :)[/quote']

Thats better mate you mean your punching above your weight :)

You have now quit managing Dagenham

Afraid ive had to bow out guys... havent got much time on my hands lately due to work commitments now ive finished uni and the last thing id want to do is neglect my Daggers and see them run down. Ive taken them from arguabley the weakest team in the entire league down in division 4 to a safe mid table divison 2 side in 94 games.

Had a fantastic time here and i hope whoever gets my boys treats them well :) cheers guys.

Afraid ive had to bow out guys... havent got much time on my hands lately due to work commitments now ive finished uni and the last thing id want to do is neglect my Daggers and see them run down. Ive taken them from arguabley the weakest team in the entire league down in division 4 to a safe mid table divison 2 side in 94 games.

Had a fantastic time here and i hope whoever gets my boys treats them well :) cheers guys.

ouch work comes first though m8

Shame, but you took them very far and whether you'd have been able to take them futher is questionable. They were definatly the worst side of the lot when you took over, and you've managed to move up from 80th to 30th - ahead of myself this season.

Lots of managerial change in the close season - not sure the next Daggers manager can match what you've done though B)

Shame to see you go shack , you've done a great job there! Hope to see you back in the set up sometime soon , all the best :)

A lot of new managers for the new season quite a few long term guys dropping out , are we experiencing the slow decline of 5579? Or just the start of a new era for the set up? Something to think about ;)

Guest drseanfitz

A lot of new managers for the new season quite a few long term guys dropping out ' date=' are we experiencing the slow decline of 5579? Or just the start of a new era for the set up? Something to think about ;)[/quote']

think there's something in the air at the moment, about 6 managers quit 106 this week as well.

Sure the 5579 community is big enough to take it on the chin and move on.

Well Ive been away on a mini holiday from SM & 5579 for a few days taking a little breather from all the previews I did last season...

And it appears during that time a heck of a lot of managerial changes have occured.

Where do I start? How many of these am i correct with / missed?

Robs left completly from Preston?

Pazzano is now Andre Villas Boas? :D

Machine left Notts Forest

Forest now have Gary Townsend from Bradford

Toon's left Burton and joined Bradford

Duffman has joined Preston

MUFC joined Torquay' date=' [b']Dom left[/b]

Scotchegg left Depleted Doncaster

Scotchegg joined Yeovil

Doncaster managed by ???

Phew and I bet I missed some in all!

Season 5 will have a new look to it

Dom left halfway through the season

maybe l ll get those player l want now,tho l ve gone off then now.

Best of luck,you be missed and the daggers wont be the same without you. :P

The offer for José ENRIQUE of Wycombe Wanderers from Sunderland has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Pleased with this. Joins for Mollo + Grenier, which are perhaps my two favourite French youngsters, but definately worth it! This now means that I may be willing to sell Tremoulinas - if I get the right bid - that is. Alternatively, Enrique can leave Sunderland on loan.

Also, congrats .RV for the signing of Antonelli. I had to withdraw my accepted bid as a result of this. :/ Should turn out to be a nice signing for you - having that said - I can't understand why there were we two who were batteling out for his signature!

The offer for Lorenzo MELGAREJO of Benfica from Preston North End has been accepted along with other club offers. Benfica will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Another addition to the youth squad. Will be trying a 4-1-3-2 tonight hopefully this could be a good formation for this PNE side :)

Shame to see you go shack ' date=' you've done a great job there! Hope to see you back in the set up sometime soon , all the best :)

A lot of new managers for the new season quite a few long term guys dropping out , are we experiencing the slow decline of 5579? Or just the start of a new era for the set up? Something to think about ;)[/quote']

I'd like to think its a start of a new era mate, but if I told that my future on SM is crystal clear im very sorry to say I'd be lieing.

Starting uni end of next month, and once that starts, I really dont know where my future on here stands at all.

I really doubt ill be on during freshers week anyhow / start of the course trying to settle down into uni life...