English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Hi guys. I'm back from The Big Apple. Quite a lot of catching up to do.

My chairman obviously expects me to battle relegation. I'm pretty sure I can comply. ;)

In an interesting twist my stadium was expanded by just over 12.000 seats to 25.274! Quite the sweet surprise. Added to the delight, the stadium has been sold out the last three games. That translates to Shrewsbury actually having a positive weekly turnover. Probably the first time in three seasons.

Three games into the season - 2 losses and 1 win. Could have been worse. City and Pool up next, so I foresee a loosing streak.

Shrewsbury are in Europe this season. Group B are Stuttgart, S04, Kiev and little, old Shrewsbury.. We won the first 3-0 against Stuttgart. Reveillere and Janssen getting the goals.

The squad is looking okay. Depth is acceptable. We could use an attacker though. While on vacation Park moved to Arsenal. I'm a big fan, so I looking forward to seeing what he can do i EPL.

Before leaving for NYC I managed to grab new PSV and Ajax goalies (Tyton and Cillesen). Hopefully they will be able to take over from Douchez who will end up behind Sirigu at PSG.

I also signed a couple of youth players in Clasie (Feyenoord), Fabbrini (Udinese) and Saaidi (Saint Etienne).

Tom, great write-up on the other thread!

Guest Scout Maker

Anyone know who the Burnley manager is?

He just offered me Yobo for Fontas + Cash. :D

What's worse is that I only bought Fontas yesterday!

Anyone know who the Burnley manager is?

He just offered me Yobo for Fontas + Cash. :D

What's worse is that I only bought Fontas yesterday!

He s ok,just wants his cake and eat it.but at times we are all like that l guess.

he offered me elano and fahey for adams,l did nt want to swap him for two average players,one good one average ,but not too average players.:rolleyes:

Portsmouth remain in 7th place after a 1-1 draw with Derby County last night. Not the greatest of starts for us but at least we are still undefeated this season.

I'm still looking to sign some 90+ players and can offer a 89+ replacement plus Sandro. However, I don't want to use Soldado in any deal but the rest of my team I will consider using, aslong as the deal is right for me.:)

He s ok' date='just wants his cake and eat it.but at times we are all like that l guess.[/b']

he offered me elano and fahey for adams,l did nt want to swap him for two average players,one good one average ,but not too average players.:rolleyes:

Exactly this can't remember who he offered for think it was Rafinha but tried to give me yobo and Elano ,so the yesterday I bid for Meleries of Cheyrou and Sissoko (89/26) + (90/30) + money and he countered Cavani :(

Another deal has been confirmed by West Ham. Young midfielder Matuidi and star striker Negredo will join with Schwaab, Bacinovic, Kolodziejczak and Callejon leaving.

A big price to pay but i am happy enough as both will be first teamers, whereas the four leaving were no where near the first team. West Ham continue to sacrifice depth for quality :P

Talented right midfielder Jesus Navas has decided he wants to leave West Ham after a flurry of transfers have seen him face stiff competition.

The Hammers ideally want a striker plus another player for their star man. If you fancy a deal send a PM/VM or make a bid :)

Just got back from a mad weekend at my local festival with the likes of Plan B, Feeder and Madness all featuring.

Drew with Leicester 1-1 last night, disappointing but the most annoying part is that Sakho is now injured for two weeks which leaves me with one CB after Pique picked up a knock last week.

:rolleyes:

Tottenham Hotspur manager Tom Tamburro has decided to part company with the club after 180 games in charge.

Another one of the original game world managers, although mind you he hasn't been active since Season 1. But it does mean Spurs are now out on job offer.

Don't know how to view the game world managers though, so not sure how many of those who started off at the very started of the set up still remain. Can't be very many of us left now.

Welcome and good luck Shack! :)

Cheers mate :)

But thats right boys and girls... the hero who took lil Dagenham and Redbridge from the duldrums of division 4 to the dizzing hights of division 2 in a mere 2 seasons finally has his shot at the big time with one of the big boys :D

This is gonna be gurddddd B)

Edit - Cheers Ad :)