English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Boom!

Norwich 1-7 Sheffield Wednesday

What a brilliant result. Changed formation at the last minute and I'm EXTREMELY GLAD I did this haha. Played a weaker side tonight as I've got bigger games on Monday night with Man United in the cup and Shorpe at home. I hope I move up in the league. I made a match report on last Saturday's game on my thread.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=99693&page=2

2-2 draw away at Citeh.

Setup looking to get point and got it which is good but with 57% possession and leading for 83 minutes very close to win. :o Sanatan with both our goals. :)

Arsenal won so go clear by two points.

Liverpool it's cooming B)

Guest drseanfitz

The Law steered Gillingham to victory against Swindon Town.

Gillingham beat Swindon Town 3 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Weiss scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Niang and Lacombe were also amongst the goalscorers.

Arsenal pick up a very pleasing 5-1 victory over Leicester City :) We were 1-0 down at half time but a change of formation and four goals from our substitutes made the difference. We play Sunderland on Wednesday, but second, third, fourth and fifth place are playing each other too which should be interesting :P

Adam D was unable to prevent a Doncaster Rovers defeat to Ipswich Town.

Doncaster Rovers slumped to a 3 - 0 defeat against Ipswich Town in their Division 4 fixture.

Blackstock had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Wasn't really expecting anything out of the match as I Ipswich have some very good players and my team is pretty bad. Should be a bit better for the game against my old side Hereford on Wednesday.

Adam D was unable to prevent a Doncaster Rovers defeat to Ipswich Town.

Doncaster Rovers slumped to a 3 - 0 defeat against Ipswich Town in their Division 4 fixture.

Blackstock had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Wasn't really expecting anything out of the match as I Ipswich have some very good players and my team is pretty bad. Should be a bit better for the game against my old side Hereford on Wednesday.

...This make the things interesting for you.

Aaron Duffy (Forum) steered Preston North End to victory against Derby County.

Preston North End outclassed Derby County and beat them 4 - 3 in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.

Van Bommel scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Barrios and Lukaku were also amongst the goalscorers.

Wow Now thats a thriller !

1-0 up

2-1 down

3-2 up

3-3

4-3 up with a last gasp winner from Lukaku :D

oh and about that 7-0 loss last week god knows what happened the unfit B team obviously weren't playing up to expectation :P sorry about that lads should have changed tactics which i haven't since a recent cup game due to a hench piece of coursework! :o

The undisclosed deal involving Cecilio CAUE of Olhanense and Hereford United has collapsed as Hereford United do not have the available funds.

Cecilio CAUE has completed his move to Doncaster Rovers from Olhanense for £610,000. All other offers were turned down.

Delighted to get him as I am hoping he will rise to 80 in the next Portuguese ratings. Almost pulled my bid out as well when I seen Herefords bid was higher.

Also signed another player who should fit it to the first team:

Daniel BAIER has completed his move to Doncaster Rovers from FC Augsburg for £2,750,000

Getting game time for Ausburg in the Bundesliga so should rise from his current rating of 83.

I just happened to notice that Bojan got sold for pure cash - and for £15m as well - to Wigan. I know it ain't any of my buisness and I'm trying to take a dig on the Blues manager' date=' but a player of Bojan's calibre shouldn't for such a low-stocking fee. No offence intended.[/quote']

None taken, everyone has their opinion. I don't rate him and needed the money.

Leeds band of ragamuffins are having a ball in the 3rd division sitting nicely in the play off zone .There are some great teams down here in the 3rd division so hopefully things keep rolling along the way they are .I will be fielding a much weakened side for the cup game as I do not have a big enough squad.

I just happened to notice that Bojan got sold for pure cash - and for £15m as well - to Wigan. I know it ain't any of my buisness and I'm trying to take a dig on the Blues manager' date=' but a player of Bojan's calibre shouldn't for such a low-stocking fee. No offence intended.[/quote']
None taken' date=' everyone has their opinion. I don't rate him and needed the money.[/quote']

Sometimes you have to sell a good player to raise cash. If my memory serves me correctly, you sold Lucho for cash not too long ago (and for < 15 mil).

Sure, the Blues' manager could probably have hashed out a P/E deal, but if he needed the money to get out of debt / buy lower rated risers / add depth to the squad or whatever then Bojan isn't a young player with potential, but just a 88-rated player.

Some more deals done for Doncaster:

The offer for Andreas ISAKSSON of PSV from Doncaster Rovers has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

A solid 88 rated keeper which I am swapping for my current 83 rated keeper and a 77 rated player who isn't needed.

The offer for Tony HIBBERT of Dynamo Moskva from Doncaster Rovers has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Wanted an Everton player in my team and Hibbert was going for a low price at external. His 87 rating will come in handy as I attempt to get up the league and I get him for a 75 rated third choice keeper and a 82 rated defender.

The offer for Danny MURPHY of Cruzeiro from Doncaster Rovers has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Another 88 rated player joins Doncaster. Another short term player who I hope can move me up the league and for £4.1m I can't really complain as he will also make me a decent profit.

The offer for Jorge FUCILE of Everton from Millwall has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Letting go of a top talent in the form of Iturbe, but I have to sacrifice something to add to my starting XI.

Fucile's picking up a fair amount of games at Porto this season so he defiantly won't drop. This is what my team's looking like so far:

Alves(89)

Fucile(89) Agger(90) Ecuele Manga(88) Monreal(89)

Krasic(91) Behrami(88) Fernando(90) Elia(89)

Llorente(91) Doumbia(89)

Second XI:

Alves(89)

Sane(87) Coates(86) ??? ???l

Dzsudzsak(90) Kuzmanovic(88) Collison(86) Griezmann(88)

El Hamdaoui (89) Alvero (84)

Still have many of them transfer listed though so I'm not done in the TM just yet.

Lost to Swansea 2-1 at home, Griezmann had our goal to give him three in three. Haven't won a game yet in the league with Millwall, my first few fixtures were tough but problems need to be ironed out now.