English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Ha-ha :P No way Palace's 84-rated side should have held Portsmouth's 91-rated one, let alone to have dominated the game. A victory for tactics over transfers once again I feel :)

Now, let's see how the 1st team do against Spurs in the cup 1/4 final. Glad to see Sahack didn't have the foresight to rest any of his first-teamers, we'll need all the edge we can get :D

Ha-ha :P No way Palace's 84-rated side should have held Portsmouth's 91-rated one' date=' let alone to have dominated the game. A victory for tactics over transfers once again I feel :)

Now, let's see how the 1st team do against Spurs in the cup 1/4 final. [b']Glad to see Sahack didn't have the foresight to rest any of his first-teamers, we'll need all the edge we can get [/b]:D

I like to live in the moment :P

With that being said 90% of my first team will be playing in the cup match fella :D

Drew 0-0 with Brighton at home, very pleased with that result as they look to be on course for a very strong season. Cisse hasn't found the net since getting back in the first team though, and the lack of goals up front is costing me on more than one occasion.

Warsaw

Warsaw

Warsaw

Did you mean Walsall because Warsaw is a Polish team? :P

:D

Long running Soccer AM (TV show in the UK) joke.

Drew 0-0 with Brighton at home' date=' very pleased with that result as they look to be on course for a very strong season. Cisse hasn't found the net since getting back in the first team though, and the lack of goals up front is costing me on more than one occasion.

Long running Soccer AM (TV show in the UK) joke.[/quote']

Wow, 14,000 posts :eek:

Have you ever been outside?

Aidan (swanseajack) has had to relenquish his levante side in the 4 nations setup. For thos unfamiliar with the 4 nations - basically a custom set up that sees 5579 take on 2 of the other "best" EC's and 106 :);) - you should check the thread.

The 5579 team 4 Nations team - myself, jinxmillion, jenks1 and dudeskin wiuld like to thank SJ for all of his hard work - cheers mate!

Basically the door is open for a 5579 die hard to join the team, so if you:-

Can commit to setting tactics for everygame, including discussed tactics for specific games.

Can commit to getting involved in the GW thread and team group page

Want to represent this fantastic EC against three other GWs and their top, top management

Then let me know by PM - be quick though because your first match is tonight.

Twonks (yeaH i AM Most dEfinately staRing at one person) need not apply

CUP Fever hits Leeds ahead of the cup/shield double header against First division Blackburn

First up is the Q-Final of the Domestic Shield then in a week we play Blackburn again in the Semi-Final of the Domestic Cup.Both games are being played at Elland Road.

Leeds have never been to a final yet so the fans are hoping that the Division 3 outfit can hopefully manage a way past Blackburn in at least one of these games on route to the final.

Ajax have made an offer to Carlisle United for André OOIJER of £5,649,200.

The offer for André OOIJER of Carlisle United from Ajax has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours...

Bought 4 months ago for £2.75m now selling for almost double. Not bad value for a 37 year old. :)

Leeds go out the shield to Blackburn goals from Alonso and Van Persie were enough for a 2-0 win for them.

46% 54%

Total Shots

19 9

Shots On Target

11 2

We were a bit robbed by the stats though, with 11 shots on target to there 2 but them are the breaks .

Grats on the win Bibi hopefully I can get my own back in the Semi's of the cup.

We were a bit robbed by the stats though' date=' with 11 shots on target to there 2 but them are the breaks .

Grats on the win Bibi hopefully I can get my own back in the Semi's of the cup.[/quote']

Well Palace weren't robbed, going through deserved 4-2 winners over Shacky-boy's Spurs in a thrilling game at White Heart Lane :D

Mister Malcolm's Notts County now stand between us and our 5th ever Wembley appearance :)

CUP Fever hits Leeds ahead of the cup/shield double header against First division Blackburn

First up is the Q-Final of the Domestic Shield then in a week we play Blackburn again in the Semi-Final of the Domestic Cup.Both games are being played at Elland Road.

Leeds have never been to a final yet so the fans are hoping that the Division 3 outfit can hopefully manage a way past Blackburn in at least one of these games on route to the final.

Better luck in the Semi-Finals Mate.

Shrewsbury Town lost 5 - 4 to Sheffield Wednesday on penalties after a 2 - 2 draw in their English Shield Quarter Final fixture.

Radu scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Park was also on the scoresheet for his side.

The Shrews dominated stats and match ratings, but couldn't finish off the match and Wednesday unfortunately scored two goals in the final 8 min.

Congratulations and good luck in the next round, Dale. Maybe you'll go all the way?!

Well Palace weren't robbed' date=' going through deserved 4-2 winners over Shacky-boy's Spurs in a thrilling game at White Heart Lane :D

Mister Malcolm's Notts County now stand between us and our 5th ever Wembley appearance :)[/quote']

That will be an interesting encounter. Notts County are in two semi finals , having taken the cup more seriously this year. Good luck whatever happens..

The Shrews dominated stats and match ratings' date=' but could finish off the match and Wednesday unfortunately scored two goals in the final 8 min.

Congratulations and good luck in the next round, Dale. Maybe you'll go all the way?![/quote']

What? Oh my gosh. Semi-Finals WTH. Thanks Jinx good game. For the first time luck is on my side.

Shame i've got Blackburn away but if I get my tactics right we actually have a chance. I'm going to be active in the transfer market buying wise so if anyone's selling please let me know :)

What? Oh my gosh. Semi-Finals WTH. Thanks Jinx good game. For the first time luck is on my side.

Shame i've got Blackburn away but if I get my tactics right we actually have a chance. I'm going to be active in the transfer market buying wise so if anyone's selling please let me know :)

Brighton mate, we are always selling! :)