• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swanseajack

• Matty_avfc

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Can you help poor Kieran? Kieran Westwood - Goalkeeper - Aged 26 - Rated 85 This is Keiran, he likes sunny days, cold milk and fresh cookies.

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Building on Ed's work and in contrast to SJ's predictions ('cos I agree with you Ed' date=' many do seem to be writing off the new boys, with no rea

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread hang on fellas........... First.... Then.... A quick.... Remember to... Then grab some.... And a.... Into position...... ......

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Leeds lose the title by 1 goal difference after a 1-0 defeat By Bristol Rovers but stay in the auto promo spots by 1 goal difference after Forest win 4-0 against Plymouth.

Valdez sustained an injury,Guarin gets sent off.

What a close run thing the division was congrats to West Brom and commiserations to Forest.

Tables not updated but I am sure I have done the math.

Back to back promotions for us but a blown title mixed bag of emotions really but to see Forest lose out on the Autos by a goal makes me feel lucky to be going up.

After a look we have past Bolton on GD and move joined with Blackburn on GD in 5th place.

Considering we all finished on +9 Gd how does that mean you passed me? :rolleyes:

Congratulations Ed your in the big time baby ;) and Bail for putting together that squad at Liverpool shame you never fulfilled the job there and bought the title back there! That's pretty much half your trophy anyways :P

Yeah Bolton finish somewhere unimportant again , were great at that :)

Sean Oneill steered Tottenham Hotspur to victory against fierce rivals Chelsea.

Tottenham Hotspur outclassed Chelsea and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Ibrahimovic had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Bale was on the scoresheet for his side.

Spurs sending Chelsea down to the depths of division 2... you couldnt write this stuff :P

Considering we all finished on +9 Gd how does that mean you passed me? :rolleyes:

Congratulations Ed your in the big time baby ;) and Bail for putting together that squad at Liverpool shame you never fulfilled the job there and bought the title back there! That's pretty much half your trophy anyways :P

Yeah Bolton finish somewhere unimportant again ' date=' were great at that :)[/quote']

Cheers Ash, really appreciate that - proper pleased to actually win a division - amazing what happens when Jinxmillion is finally out of my way! :);)

Oh and i cant forget that my first player transfer ever in 5579 was the loan of a keeper from you right back at turn 1 season 1 - so in many ways my success is your success!

Yeah Bolton finish somewhere unimportant again ' date=' were great at that :)[/quote']

Cheers mate! :)

Although I think I'm in with a serious chance of promotion with Millwall when we return to action next season. As I didn't take over from the start of this season I took the remaining time as a chance to clean up the squad and tweak it to my preferences, but now I have a solid side with plenty of players who are well capable of pushing us into the top flight.

Hopefully I'll see you there soon ;).

Had a great season with Southend, was top for a while, then in and around the play-offs for the remainder, just missing out in the last two games :(

Been cutting down my sides due to those damn kids taking up more of my time and wasn't giving the team my all (probably the reason for the teams demise)

So good luck to whoever gets them and maybe I'll be back one day B)

Had a great season with Southend' date=' was top for a while, then in and around the play-offs for the remainder, just missing out in the last two games :(

Been cutting down my sides due to those damn kids taking up more of my time and wasn't giving the team my all (probably the reason for the teams demise)

So good luck to whoever gets them and maybe I'll be back one day B)[/quote']

Ahhh mate - thats a real downer. Gutted to see a top man like yourself go - hope we see you back in the '79 sooner rather than later mate.

Cheers Ash' date=' really appreciate that - proper pleased to actually win a division - amazing what happens when Jinxmillion is finally out of my way! :);)

Oh and i cant forget that my first player transfer ever in 5579 was the loan of a keeper from you right back at turn 1 season 1 - so in many ways my success is your success![/quote']

You deserve it mate , great stuff you've done down at Bright on a par with Jinx! :)

I remember , little old Ali Hasbi when he was a reserve at Bolton! One day you can repay the favor and loan me a starter half my team will be league 2 standard soon :P

Cheers mate! :)

Although I think I'm in with a serious chance of promotion with Millwall when we return to action next season. As I didn't take over from the start of this season

I took the remaining time as a chance to clean up the squad and tweak it to my preferences' date=' but now I have a solid side with plenty of players who are well capable of pushing us into the top flight.

Hopefully I'll see you there soon ;).[/quote']

Hopefully I'll see you up here too , would be nice to have you back in the top

flight! Sj will get here eventually too ;)

Probably will be chopping all teams but this one , I'm too attached to them to let them go at the moment , if I'm inactive I'm sorry but I don't think I'll ever quit this side , 247 games and counting!

Edit - shame to see you go Garry pleasure to of had you in the set-up , hopefully see you back on the future!

Keep your heads down lads' date=' Lenny's spotted the results.

Gutted for you mate. Feell like i should say sorry, nowt to do with me, but feel real bad for you fella.[/quote']

Thanks Ed........Thing is it was not enough in the end

Not sure but I think this will be my 4/5th time in the Play-offs in this set-up

Thanks Ed........Thing is it was not enough in the end

Not sure but I think this will be my 4/5th time in the Play-offs in this set-up

Unlucky mate I had a bot of a strange night in 79 myself.

1 West Bromwich Albion © 38 32 72

2 LEEDS UNITED (P) 38 30 72

3 Nottingham Forest 38 29 72

Lost the league by 2 goals and got auto by 1 goal should I be pleased after blowing the league like Micheal blew bubbles?

Nothing game, but lost 1-0 to MK-Dons. Started with a team with an average rating of just 75, so the loss was imminent.

Already set my team ready for the Playoff game, glad I rested my best players (Excluding Goalkeeper) as I now have currently no injury problems and just one player who is unfit to play. :)

Really want to get promoted for the last manager, he took this team really far and I'd like to take the squad that he built into the third Division.

Spurs sending Chelsea down to the depths of division 2... you couldnt write this stuff :P

And at their expense West Ham manage to stay up :) Derby finish below us aswell but Chelsea losing made sure that we stayed up :)

Negredo was second top scorer in the league though so i'm very happy with that :)

One game too end all games.

Manchester City Vs Arsenal:

The champions league will be coming to Manchester or London but witch half. I hope to win my first champions league tittle in this game and will have my full team out.

Finished the season 5th shocked with that as we all got 9 GD but all good too me more cash my way.

Looking to shift Ryes for cash the 89 A.Madrid star is not needed and he can not be loaned out again will just wait for Lev 5 if there is no good offers in.

I am ready to talk to managers about loan deals next season first come first served.

All I can say is roll on season 6!

Middlesbrough ended this season like 11 blind sausage rolls with a lump of cheddar controlling them! :confused:

Or Uni work came before a promotion challenge ;)

But seriously roll on Season 6. Youve got to feel for poor old Lenny though. Playoffs once again, and this time I cant call them the favourites either due to strength of them this season!

Hope Hull / Swansea win the playoffs, preferably Hull for Lenny's sake :rolleyes:

A 1-0 win at home to Coventry secures my place in the play-offs, with James McCarthy scoring the crucial match winner. This puts me in the Division 2 play-offs for the 3rd time in 5 season, the last two occasions saw me face Coventry - who we managed to beat tonight to reach the play-offs. This time i'll face Neil Matterson's Hull City, very unfortunate not to already be up and it will be very difficult for me.

I've played a lot of younger players this season who might not have had the ratings of some of the previous Swansea sides (Sinclair - 26 apps, Allen - 25 apps, McCarthy - 12 apps). But they are the plyers that i'm going to need to turn up against Hull to try and eventually try and proceed further than the play off semi-finals. It's going to be a very hard game B)

Just seen that Gary Mack has left the setup, a shame to see such a good manager go but as i lost the relegation fight with Plymouth ive jumped into the hot seat at Southend to try and fill Gary's boots!

Hoping to agree a few deals with the new plymouth manager when they take over

Drew 1-1 away to Shrewsbury to make sure I finish above them.

Blackpool have been awarded £4,114,649 in prize money.
:)

Blackpool's Season :

Premierleague = 9th

FA Cup = 3rd round

Carling Cup = 3rd round

Europa League = Final vs Rubin Kazan still to come

Happy overall with this season. Really fell in love with this little side now :)