Guest Higgy

English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Villa 3 - 2 Arsenal

Close game Jenks. Keita' date=' M'Villa and Rofles on the score sheet :)

:eek: Long timer Mathew H at leicester has not logged in for 29 days :([/quote']

Well done Darlo, deserved by the looks of it. Can't get a run going at all, I seem to be rotating between wins and losses every week...

Walsall 1-3 Sheffield Wednesday

Wow the race for promotion in Division 3 is getting extremely close now with 2 points between top and 5th so that sees 2nd,3rd,4th and 5th all tied on 42points unfortunately I'm 5th because of goal difference but it's nice to know I'm still near the top spot. Any way a nice win for us tonight with Kiessling bagging 2 but Ekici got injured luckily he's only out for the next match.

We play 1st placed Newcastle at home next. Huge game!

Walsall 1-3 Sheffield Wednesday

Wow the race for promotion in Division 3 is getting extremely close now with 2 points between top and 5th so that sees 2nd' date='3rd,4th and 5th all tied on 42points unfortunately I'm 5th because of goal difference but it's nice to know I'm still near the top spot. Any way a nice win for us tonight with Kiessling bagging 2 but Ekici got injured luckily he's only out for the next match.

We play 1st placed Newcastle at home next. Huge game![/quote']

How a play off between the owls and the blades sound:)

Guest Scout Maker

Bristol Rovers 2 - 0 Norwich City

Chico and Djalo with the goals, up to 12th :)

Geoffrey Kan steered Portsmouth to victory against Blackpool.

Portsmouth beat Blackpool 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Essien had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Mikel and Fellaini were amongst the goalscorers.

Fellaini playing as the number 10 and he got me a goal. Looks liek hes regaining his form as a secondary striker? ;)

HAHA Popmey sit in 3rd now :) after 2 games of my management ;)

First defeat for me in this set up in my fourth game in charge.

Johan Elmander scores in the 69th minute for them when he hit it into the roof of the net to get them the only goal of the game.

Funny thing is Marco streller got sent off 10 minutes before...that was because he decided to spit in the face of an opponent.

Looking at the stats I really did deserve to lose !

50% 50%

Total Shots

18 7

Shots On Target

9 0

Corners

6 8

Yellow Cards

2 1

Red Cards

0 1

Not one shot on target ! :o, thats embarrassing !

14 Queens Park Rangers 23 -5 26

15 Reading 23 -6 26

16 Wigan Athletic 23 -9 25

17 Fulham 23 -10 23

18 Manchester United 23 -13 23

19 DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE 23 -26 23

20 Leeds United 23 -22 19

Luckily none of the others won, i think one, maybe two picked up one point, not much harm done, extra game gone though, although oldham were 6th before the game, the win moved them to 4th !

I play Boro at home next !

Mathew H (forum - villa91) has parted company with Leicester City after the manager decided that they have done all that they can for the club.

Another 5579 original leaves, not many of us left now.

On a good run with Millwall at the moment, three wins in a row have put us back into a play off position, hopefully I can keep it up! B)

Another 5579 original leaves' date=' not many of us left now.

On a good run with Millwall at the moment, three wins in a row have put us back into a play off position, hopefully I can keep it up! B)[/quote']

Really sad and really will miss hiis presense on the forum.he left a great squad behind.

Tom also left yesterday,hopefully this set up will regain it's standing again soon,still my favourite set up.

A big bit of internal buying and selling would help re energise things a bit,sure most Of us would like to freshen things up a little.

West Ham would certainly like a freshen up. Any bids for Pedro will be considered not looking for any specific positions so just make a bid or PM/VM me :)

How a play off between the owls and the blades sound:)

Well that would be great but any one of us could still get that 2nd place with us all tied on 42 with 15games to go. I'd have to make a match report on my thread if it got a derby in the play-offs but my record in the play-offs isn't great after everything at Northampton :/

Guest <klhepworth.

Might be interested in joining:)

4 clubs could be free soon then.

Leicester' date=' Tranmere, Middlesbrough and possible Manchester United.

Anybody know of anyone that wants in?[/quote']

If anyone wants Tranmere let me know and I will reject them :) They have some good players such as Adebayor, Nocerino and Sessengon. However they are £13m in debt with only 22 players so one of their stars will have to be shifted for a large cash amount :)

Well that would be great but any one of us could still get that 2nd place with us all tied on 42 with 15games to go. I'd have to make a match report on my thread if it got a derby in the play-offs but my record in the play-offs isn't great after everything at Northampton :/

I have a terrible record in the play offs also,let hope it doesn't come down to that.l ll settle for me top,you secOnd,where u belOng:)

As l am doing so well,think l ll stick with the current squad and them try to do a few Deals at the end of season.love internal deals,we really need to see more of them.

Southampton 3 - 4 Carlisle United

M.Petrov 18, 25

J.LLorente 21, 67

P.Pogrebnyak 43, 80

C.Salcido 75

Carlisle continue to fight their way up the table with a surprise away win against promotion chasing Southampton. Pobgrebnyak continues to find the target with another brace taking him onto 12 for the season.

The win sees Carlisle move up to the dizzying heights of 15th now. After what was our 3rd consecutive win we also move to 7th in the form table. With 15 to play I'm only 13 points off the play-offs :eek: Not going to happen but still, I can dream.

I have a terrible record in the play offs also' date='let hope it doesn't come down to that.l ll settle for me top,you secOnd,where u belOng:)

As l am doing so well,think l ll stick with the current squad and them try to do a few Deals at the end of season.love internal deals,we really need to see more of them.[/quote']

Haha, well that would do me fine. If my team beat Newcastle on Wednesday you'll probably go top so it's very realisitic.

Guest <klhepworth.

Took over Tranmere, £13M in debt and 22 players so everyone's for sale, either P/E or cash, I'll be looking to negotiate. Nice team with a decent league position so shouldn't be too hard to get things moving.

Took over Tranmere' date=' £13M in debt and 22 players so everyone's for sale, either P/E or cash, I'll be looking to negotiate. Nice team with a decent league position so shouldn't be too hard to get things moving.[/quote']

Welcome mate, would try and help you out but I am in debt myself:o