Guest Higgy

English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Huddersfield 2-2 Sheff Wednesday

Decent result against 3rd place Huddersfield, we're only one position behind them in 4th, so I didn't want to drop any points against them as that could hurt our hopes at an automatic place. I don't know whether I'm very happy with the result or infact abit disappointed but it'll do.

With 11games to go I'm still very hopeful we can get an automatic place, it'll be difficult but I believe we can do it, we could still win the league but I'm not that hopeful haha. Nottingham Forest at home, they are like my bogey team abit in the setup but I think we can collect them 3points.

Guest Scout Maker

Newcastle United 1 - 6 Bristol Rovers :D

Superb run of form continues with a 6-1 win over the league leaders. Stracqualursi, Desenna X2, Lamela, Bungert and Carlos Sanchez with City's goals and Vucinic scoring a consolation for United.

Moves me up to 9th, 3 points off the Play-Offs! :)

Jamezz Chettz steered Stockport County to victory against Yeovil Town.

Stockport County beat Yeovil Town 3 - 2 in their Division 4 fixture.

Johnson scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Mascara was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Manchester United 2-1 Dagenham & Redbridge

A excellent header from Andrea Pirlo put manchester united ahead on just the 7th minute, the italian scored against the club he signed from just two games before the match, Lionel Messi scored a header later in the game, Matias Fernandez finished with ease to give dagenham a glimmer of hope but the visitors couldnt get an equaliser.

16 Manchester United 27 -10 30

17 Reading 27 -8 29

18 Wigan Athletic 27 -19 26

19 Leeds United 27 -23 25

20 DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE 27 -30 24

Not good at all, im still quitely confident i can get them out of trouble, but the problem is im stuck in their by about 5 points now ! 6 because of GD.

Orient win 1-0 vs Burnley, good result against a strong Burnley side. Team is starting to improve slowly :). Shame though that all the other teams around me at the bottom of Division 4 won. Still, good result, Livermore with the only goal.

Manchester United 2-1 Dagenham & Redbridge

A excellent header from Andrea Pirlo put manchester united ahead on just the 7th minute' date=' the italian scored against the club he signed from just two games before the match, Lionel Messi scored a header later in the game, Matias Fernandez finished with ease to give dagenham a glimmer of hope but the visitors couldnt get an equaliser.

Not good at all, im still quitely confident i can get them out of trouble, but the problem is im stuck in their by about 5 points now ! 6 because of GD.[/quote']

Unlucky there buddy. Really happy to see Pirlo getting on the sheet as well as a MotM.

Also Messi gets just his first goal of the season, in his third game of the season.

God what was the previous manager up too.

BORED!

So I'm gonna freshen things up.

Pepe (yes' date=' the 93-rated Real Madrid defender...) is available. Looking to swap him for an U-25 player rated 89/90+, nevermind the position.[/quote']

Alright, so I'm going to say this: Place in a bid for him (if you're intersted in him, that is) that you'd accept if you were in my situation. ;)

Gonalons is available for loan. Grab him up now, as I am not going to loan out anyone when it's play-off time.

Would love to see some consistency as well. Beat off two well respected teams now, but cannot take some 3 pointers against teams I should be doing so against. Happened to me every season and it is the difference between a Europa-place and a mid-place. What a game.

2-0 win at home to Palace.

Well I can defo say it's better to be on a winning run than losing one lol :P, the fourth on the spin today was clicnhed by a Ruiz 2nd half goal. :) Hernanes has a one game ban but I'm more stable now so can handle it. ;)

We stay in 9th now just one behind 8th but also only one above 11th.

Liverpool next should be a win with their recent form. B)

Matías RODRIGUEZ has completed his move to Torquay United from Universidad de Chile in a swap deal for Rhys BENNETT and Craig NOONE

Noone and Bennett were fringe players for me, whereas I needed a DM. Rodriguez has been a very key figure for UDC over the last two seasons. He can operate on either side of the defence and as a wing back. Been linked with a move to Benfica as his style of play has been likened with Dani Alves' over the last few months as he's become a vital player for UDC since Vargas departed to Napoli. He's like a younger Javier Zanetti in terms of where he can play and what he brings to the team. Bit of a late bloomer, but for an 80 and 77, I couldn't resist. His Def/DM will be very useful to me.

Might we willing to sell Diamanti. Not sure yet, as he's been an unbelievably astute signing for me as he's gotten goals and assists. Would be looking for £8m. Bologna have offered £7.8m but I'm not too sure.

Looking to buy a British based 90+ player for upto £50 million. Anyone?

Two more new faces at Doncaster:

Free Agent Don COWIE has completed his move to Doncaster Rovers for £2,340,000
Ian HARTE has completed his move to Doncaster Rovers from Cork City for £1,830,000

Pleased with these two, will provide decent cover for the defence and midfield.

MK Dons yesterday defeated Southampton 3-1. 2 Goals from loanee Jozy Altidore and 1 from Xavi Torres ensures the 3 points. The result leaves up 15th in the table, the target is a top 10 finish this season. Next up are Plymouth Argyle.

Niall Taylor was unable to prevent a Coventry City defeat to Colchester United.

Coventry City slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat to Colchester United in their Division 3 fixture

Expected to loose, should have my full starting eleven back for next game, once all back to fitness