Guest Higgy

English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Sorry for club-hopping guys but it could be for used for good use as I've rejoined Northampton probably my favourite club when I was in 5579 and if so remember I did actually make a thread which I used to do reports on and seeing as we're leading upto a new season, I thought I'd rejoin before somebody would take them. Here was the link to my thread; http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=95837

I've noticed that alot of my old players have gone from when I had Negredo who's unfortunately not here but the team is looking abit better with players like Schwaab and Babel here. Luckily, Mignolet and Kaboul are still here from when I signed them.

I'm interested, in making deals for all players. Don't mind on P/E or Cash just depending on the player.

First game Burton away tonight and considering this Northampton team isn't really going for anything I am just going to experiment in this first game.

Sorry for club-hopping guys but it could be for used for good use as I've rejoined Northampton probably my favourite club when I was in 5579 and if so remember I did actually make a thread which I used to do reports on and seeing as we're leading upto a new season' date=' I thought I'd rejoin before somebody would take them. Here was the link to my thread; [url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=95837[/url]

I've noticed that alot of my old players have gone from when I had Negredo who's unfortunately not here but the team is looking abit better with players like Schwaab and Babel here. Luckily, Mignolet and Kaboul are still here from when I signed them.

I'm interested, in making deals for all players. Don't mind on P/E or Cash just depending on the player.

First game Burton away tonight and considering this Northampton team isn't really going for anything I am just going to experiment in this first game.

Have a look at Man City we are doing a bit of a clearout.

Good luck with Northampton anyway mate.

Have a look at Man City we are doing a bit of a clearout.

Good luck with Northampton anyway mate.

i'm skint and unfortunately can only offer dodgy part-ex! lol

hope thats ok?? unless theres someone you'd prefer??

dan malone steered Manchester City to victory against Derby County.

Manchester City outclassed Derby County and beat them 5 - 3 in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.

Robinho scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Vidal and Cambiasso were also amongst the goalscorers.

Spanked relegated Derby.

Jamezz Chettz steered Stockport County to victory against Rochdale.

Stockport County outclassed Rochdale and beat them 3 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Assuncao scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Macheda was also on the scoresheet for his side.

A 1-1 home draw with Leeds United was enough for promotion, due to West Brom drawing 0-0 away to QPR. Probably should be beating Leeds who are in the relegation battle, but a 17th goal of the season for Papiss Cisse helped me to a decent draw.

Glad to go up at the 6th time of asking, three unsuccesful play-offs in the last five seasons and finally able to be up there with the big boys but it'll be difficult to avoid relegation. Probably wont be able to rely on just a handful of players for goals like i have this season, with 37 of my 59 goals being scored by two players (Ryan Giggs and Pappis Cisse) and only those two players scoring more than 3 goals this season.

Hopeful of a stadium expansion which would help my finances and i'm sure i'll get a nice bonus at the end of the season as well. I'll keep the first teamers out against Wolves, with the chance of being Champions still a possibility, so it's worth the risk of injury with the financial reward thtat it would give me.

As i can start planning the squad for next season, Anthony Stokes is availible for C/V. Haven't played him since i've brought him in and with the step up his chances of playing aren't going to get any higher. Djibril Cisse did well at the end of last season for QPR, but i may be tempted to sell him if i'm offered a decent player for him. Similar sort of thing for Aleksandr Ryazantsev who i'm not overly keen to sell but could be tempted to sell him if i'm offer a decent player for him and Matt Mills can go for some decent cash if anyone's interested.

Burton 0-5 Northampton

What more can I say haha.

On-loan defender Alaba scored a double, Carioca, Schieber and Vukcevic all bagged one aswell. Very pleased with that win, normally a 4-4-2 never works for me as I always use a 3-5-2 but I went for the 4-4-2. Looking for deals?

I will get a report done somewhere tonight or tomorrow.

First game in charge of Dag&Red and I got relegated' date=' thats some record isnt it! :o[/quote']

Welcome and great to see you again..

CAPELLO, steered Sheffield United to victory against Wycombe Wanderers.

Sheffield United outclassed Wycombe Wanderers and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Albiol had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Lee was on the scoresheet (twice)for his side.:D

Left it late again! Did the same in 106, expecting favors from others to try and gain a place in the playoffs on the final day. Needs Notts County and Millwall to lose, and Hartlepool to draw/lose to even face a chance of gaining a place, then ive got to win myself. Whatever happens, 9th place is guaranteed for Peterborough.

Pleased for Aidan though. Come close so many times in the past and finally gained promotion. Was always on the cards if you asked me....

all set ups are struggling in my view and not replying to messages is throughout all set ups.This set up is far from finished and a few fresh faces and l can see things changing quickly.The set up is struggling' date='as our others but long serving managers have moved on to a world outside SM ,not just here.

If we all had your attitude ,yes the set up would be dead.I ve been here since season 2 and have no plans on going anywhere as l dont see many better set ups out there and l am either in them or have been in them,that inc 106,7777,7047 which is my season favourite set up.

This set up like all older set ups is struggling as you have to work hard to sign players internally,as theres not much externally,but theres deals to be done.I ve signed piennar and Gibson and have another deal set up.

If u want a easy set up,this isnt it,if u want a challenge then this is the place[/quote']

what attitude are you talking about?? The set up is on its way to dying, when was the last time you see a team going 7 days unmanaged in a 'top' set up?? Did you ever see that happen is season 2? Or even season 3? If you want the definition of a top set up, then it's 7046, i've already got better than the average pienaar and gibsons (no offense good players, but seriously?), if i want players like them, i'd be looking externally not wasting my time dealing in game

Lol ''challenge'', really isn't a challenge, trust me, i've never been perfect with my formations, results wise yes it is challenging, but in terms of transfer dealings it's DEAD, that includes externally/internally/risers etc, no one is interested, bar a couple managers including the likes of watford, and no, what makes you think i'd be leaving? Built a pretty decent Barnsely side and would like to see it develop, just giving my point of view of how the GW really isn't as how some ignorant individuals make out.

You've been here since season 2, you joined at its prime, i'm a late joiner, and since then the older managers have just got bored of it imo, which is understandable as they've been with their sides for so long,

Blasphemy.. Shut your trap. If you want to make deals' date=' come to Villa. We're selling loads.[/quote']

I don't blame you for wanting to sell the majority of that dross, wouldn't even be worth the wages at my club, never mind actually working out a deal for them with a manager stuck up its own rear end, how about 10M for titus bramble rofl.gif:rolleyes:

In more positive news, Barnsley continue winning with a 4-0 victory over unmanaged wednesday, all but secures the play-offs, which i'm dreading :o

4-2 win at home to Hull.

Nice solid win here which helps us confirm our European position with a game to spare. Lavezzi gets our crucial winner. :) Hernanes also has an 8-day injury but can easily recover now the seasons over. ;)

Currently in 9th place and with facing Preston next have a chance to finish as high as 7th but whatever happens can't slip below 10th. :)

Nice to see our Welsh rivals finally rise from the Championship, not as spectacular as our promotion campaign but it's the getting there that matters so well done Aiden ;):), look forward to those derby games again, should be fun. :)

I don't blame you for wanting to sell the majority of that dross' date=' wouldn't even be worth the wages at my club, never mind actually working out a deal for them with a manager stuck up its own rear end, how about 10M for titus bramble

[/quote']

That "dross" is first in division 1.