English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Possibly my biggest night and match in 5579 tomorrow. A lot riding on how well my Villa do. Had pretty **** form recently' date=' might have just fluffed my chance of the division 1 title :o[/quote']

I predicted you a 1-1 draw :P

Guys/Bex just a thought l know we have had a hall of fame in the past just thinking about somethink fresh eg.You reach 100 games for one club in 5579 you become a 5579 Sergant(or somethink elso ,just a example)170 games and leuietenant 230 your become somethink else ect.Not the best of examples.

Maybe someone could make up some signuture with stripes and 5579 on its.

Just kinda loyalty scheme to promote managers to stay and build up there rank,tho just for status,this set up is own by us all..

Any thoughts or suggestions.

Well here we are, season six, turn 38 and my last game at Brighton. And what a game.

If Villa and Everton lose with Sunderland drawing – a win will see me win the league. The big show. Le Grande Fromage.

It all sounds great, but this pretty much the ONLY way I can win the league. Regardless it’s a top 4 finish which is nothing short of stunning.

Unless anything else occurs it looks likely that my new home will be Shorpe (just finished bottom of div 3 so will be in the 4th next season). In truth I may float around repairing clubs for the next couple seasons, depends how comfortable I get at Shorpe I guess

But for now, its all about the Brighton swansong. Wouldn’t it just be awesome if the impossible happened and they claimed the title? A beautiful ending to one of my most enjoyable management jobs in SM.

Well here we are' date=' season six, turn 38 and my last game at Brighton. And what a game.

If Villa and Everton lose with Sunderland drawing – a win will see me win the league. The big show. Le Grande Fromage.

It all sounds great, but this pretty much the ONLY way I can win the league. Regardless it’s a top 4 finish which is nothing short of stunning.

Unless anything else occurs it looks likely that my new home will be Shorpe (just finished bottom of div 3 so will be in the 4th next season). In truth I may float around repairing clubs for the next couple seasons, depends how comfortable I get at Shorpe I guess

But for now, its all about the Brighton swansong. Wouldn’t it just be awesome if the impossible happened and they claimed the title? A beautiful ending to one of my most enjoyable management jobs in SM.[/quote']

was looking at the tables today when i rejoined looking where my leicester are etc, was shocked when i saw you near the top of division 1! amazing stuff ed, i remember when you were back in div4 with andy and jinx...

awesome.

was looking at the tables today when i rejoined looking where my leicester are etc' date=' was shocked when i saw you near the top of division 1! amazing stuff ed, i remember when you were back in div4 with andy and jinx...

awesome.[/quote']

Ahhh, Andy and Jinx - them were the days. Really enjoyed the brotherly love thang we had going as all three of us moved up through the divisions, twas the basis of my love for 5579 in truth!

Cant recall who but someone asked me the other day how I would feel if a certain "person" took over Brighton after I went and did his usual stripping and degrading job. I think part of the reason I can leave 'em is cos I've pretty much expired what I want to do with them. I could stay and try for the league - admitedly it woudl be ace to take them into Europe - but I've learnt that I work best in 5579 in improving squads and gaining promotion and I've kinda missed that this season - so what will be, will be.

Hi guys' date='

have got some time on my hands now so ive taken over Bradford!

its nice to see some of the same faces too :)[/quote']

Welcome back Matty, good luck at Bradford.

How many goals did Danny Graham score again? :P

Well here we are' date=' season six, turn 38 and my last game at Brighton. And what a game.

But for now, its all about the Brighton swansong. Wouldn’t it just be awesome if the impossible happened and they claimed the title? A beautiful ending to one of my most enjoyable management jobs in SM.[/quote']

Good luck, would be an amazing way to end everything. You've been amazingly succesful at Brighton regardless of what happens tonight though.

As for myself, Luke Daniels is off to Grimsby Town for C/V, whilst coming in is:

Wesley FODERINGHAM has completed his move to Swansea City from West Bromwich Albion for £200,000

Good young keeper, step up to League 1 next season for Wes and i'll keep him as the number 2 for the distant future as i can see him turning in to a top keeper.

Free Agent Ajay LEITCH-SMITH has completed his move to Swansea City for £8,000

Good young player at Crewe, who will also be making the step up to League 1. It's a bit of a gamble, as he may not take to the step up to League 1 well but it's worth the risk as it's only £8k.

Luke MURPHY has completed his move to Swansea City from Metalist for £110,000

Another good young player at Crewe, probably wont rise very much but i like him as a player, very good tidy young centre midfielder who is very good at passing. Again a bit of gamble, but it's worth the nominal fee for him.

was looking at the tables today when i rejoined looking where my leicester are etc' date=' was shocked when i saw you near the top of division 1! amazing stuff ed, i remember when you were back in div4 with andy and jinx...

awesome.[/quote']

Welcome back! Bradford - my first team here :D

What a coincidence..

Posted 3 Days Ago;

After being in this setup since the end of Season 1' date=' I have noticed myself alot of things disappearing from 5579. Here is an example;

[list']

[*]Lack of posting on Match Report thread

[*]Big profile managers departing such as; Tom MFC, Assh, Matty AVFC, Higgy etc

[*]The demise of the EC5579 website

But there is one that, I am hopefully going to change.. This is the Match Previews that have disappeared which myself, SwanseaJack and TOM_MFC used to consistenly do..

For any new people here's a link to the previews; http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=1268694&postcount=1714

I am prepared to do the Division 4 previews seeing as I'm new the Northampton manager and preparing this was one of the main reasons I joined. I have decided to introduce this now, seeing as some people may be leaving at the end of the season and for the fact that the whole argument of this setup is dying..

This is my favourite setup and I really don't want it to fizzle out so we need a solution to it and I know that this won't bring in new members but it will hopefully gain some interest and might spark up something.

Please PM me if you would like to take part and I'm hoping some of you willl like to take part. Thanks.

Today.

Hi guys' date='

have got some time on my hands now so ive taken over Bradford!

its nice to see some of the same faces too :)[/quote']

Haha. Great to see you back mate.

I'm obviously missed;

The Chairman of Preston North End has made you a job offer to take control of the club. If you accept this job offer then you will leave Torquay United immediately. This job offer will only be available for 5 days after it was first offered.

I won't be returning to Preston, my time with the club has passed and it will forever remain a memory. Achieved great things with the club and it was one of the most enjoyable times of mine on SM. However, I now have Torquay and they are my new project.

I will keep the offer until I get a PM/VM from people who are interested in the job. Want the best for this set-up and my old side.

I say this with great regret, Leighton Baines is free to leave Doncaster at the end of the season for a 2 for 1 deal. Really didn't want to get rid of him as he is my favourite football player but he is my best asset and I need more depth so it makes sense for me to sell him. Not really bothered about positions apart from not needing a keeper.

Also willing to sell the following players for cash:

Giannis Fetfatzidis

Eyal Golasa

Kostas Manolas

Danny Murphy

Get in touch to negotiate a deal :)

Oh and welcome back Matty :)

awesome.[/quote']

Just remember I took over them when they were in the relegation zone :P

on that subject..........after being 12 points adrift with 10 games to go when I took over, Leicester could perform the great escape tonight if Hull lose and we beat Jooles inform Crystal Palace.

squeaky bum time indeed

Last game of the season and Millwall sit in 7th with a tough fixture against Birmingham. A win should see us finish in a play off spot and a chance to move up to the first division. Put alot of thought into the team tonight and hopefully it pays off.

In my first full season with Millwall I'm happy with progress and we could potentially finish the season in the highest spot since the setup began with an 8th place finish last year.

Will be looking to do a few transfers over the break, increasing depth is something I will be concentrating on :)

Also welcome back Matty!

Capello,earned a draw with Sheffield United against Norwich City.

Sheffield United dominated much of the play against Norwich City but could only manage a 3 - 3 draw in a thrilling Division 3 encounter.

Zamora scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Lee and Adam were also amongst the goalscorers.

FINISH IN 3RD PLACE,PLAY OFFS LOOM,GREAT:(

Man City won 2-1 against Blackpool-Cant wait to get a new full season under my belt with a few decent transfers in .

Man City might be wiling to sell some of the prize assets but not for cheap and no oldies .

ALso there are a few playere I am willing to just take reasonable offers for.

Get in touch as we look to revamp the side for next season.

Not the finish i would of liked but... Onwards and upwards :o

Fulham (4-3) Middlesbrough

Major revamp of the Middlesbrough squad in the coming weeks, going all out next season with a play-off place being the target.

Northampton 3-0 Leyton Orient.

Unfortunately Northampton finish 10th but I've got 2 wins in 2 since rejoining which is good news. Schieber a signing I made a loooong time ago scored for me along with on-loan Alaba and Babel. Looking to make transfers for anyone.

Millwall beat Birmingham City 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Rémy scored both of the goals for Millwall and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

YESS!! Just jumped out of my chair like we've been promoted but in reality it's only a play off spot and there's more work that needs to be done.

I think I finish in 5th place now which is a great end to a brilliant season! :D