English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Just remember I took over them when they were in the relegation zone :P

on that subject..........after being 12 points adrift with 10 games to go when I took over' date=' Leicester could perform the great escape tonight if Hull lose and we beat Jooles inform Crystal Palace.

squeaky bum time indeed[/quote']

Didnt matter in the end that Hull won.....We stay in div 1

Unlucky Macca......Hope to see you bounce back fella

In the end i lost out on being Champions on goal difference, which is dissapointing but obviously the important thing is that i'm up.

Beat Wolves away 3-2, goals from Alexis, Dembele and Giggs. Giggs scoring his 21st of the season which was enough to see him come out as the divisions top scorer which is fantastic for a midfielder. Dissapointment though that Joe Allen is out for 6 weeks having picked up an injury in the game, which means he may well miss the start of next season. But it's division 1 next season for Swansea City!

Wow! What a sensational end to the season, the title won via GD and a point between the top 4!

Delighted to finish 4th and runner up in the shoeld -a stunning season for Brighton and the £6m prize money leaves a healthy £8m for the new manager to prepare for Europe.

Congrats to AVB for the win, gotta feel for you boys just losing out tho. Thanks to all for a cracking final season though!

well done to all getting the auto promotion places and commiserations to those relegated - i hope you guys stick with it and look to bounce straight back - its these challenges that are the genuine life blood of top GW's like 5579.

Good luck to those in the play offs - can be a lottery but may the best managers win!

And finally.........goodbye Brighton, its been emotional.

In the end i lost out on being Champions on goal difference' date=' which is dissapointing but obviously the important thing is that i'm up.

Beat Wolves away 3-2, goals from Alexis, Dembele and Giggs. Giggs scoring his 21st of the season which was enough to see him come out as the divisions top scorer which is fantastic for a midfielder. Dissapointment though that Joe Allen is out for 6 weeks having picked up an injury in the game, which means he may well miss the start of next season. But it's division 1 next season for Swansea City![/quote']

Had to make a return to the forum to congratulate Swansea on making to Division 1.

Long time coming SJ. :)

Had to make a return to the forum to congratulate Swansea on making to Division 1.

Long time coming SJ. :)

Thanks Bibi' date=' long time. It was a long time coming, Shrewsbury and Brighton got three promotions long time before my first :P Watch out, i may just win Division 1 next season! (I'll probably finish bottom with the lowest points ever for a Division 1 team)

Bristol City 1-2 Bury

Despite the home side being the better side, Bury scored both their shots on target to relegate us. Alas, crewe won 3-0 anyway meaning I would have been relegated anyway!

So we will be rebuilding for next season, don't have much cash but will hopefully be able to wheel and deal enough to bring a few players in to build a decent squad. Got a bit more time on my hands these days so will be able to put some effort into this side which unfortunately I couldn't do the last time with Newcastle.

Guest Scout Maker

A 0-0 draw for Bristol Rovers against Exeter means Rovers just clinch 6th spot on goal difference, due to unmanaged Huddersfield losing!

Delighted. We play Exeter again in the Play-off semi-final on Friday.

Thanks Bibi' date=' long time. It was a long time coming, Shrewsbury and Brighton got three promotions long time before my first :P Watch out, i may just win Division 1 next season! (I'll probably finish bottom with the lowest points ever for a Division 1 team)

Woah woah, the division has Villa written all over it ;)

didn't see the White :o on my iPod and cba to delete

Im happy with my Pompey Squad. Finished short of top 4 but it was a great season yall :)

Only 18 games so I was only here for half the season, but regardless cheers yall :D

btw Were looking for deals :o

Portsmouth have finished Fifth in Division 1.
Portsmouth have been awarded 5,610,885 in prize money.

Yesss :D

Bristol City 1-2 Bury

Despite the home side being the better side' date=' Bury scored both their shots on target to relegate us. Alas, crewe won 3-0 anyway meaning I would have been relegated anyway!

So we will be rebuilding for next season, don't have much cash but will hopefully be able to wheel and deal enough to bring a few players in to build a decent squad. Got a bit more time on my hands these days so will be able to put some effort into this side which unfortunately I couldn't do the last time with Newcastle.[/quote']

Sorry mate un lucky was promoted but had too fild best team too keep it fair good luck next season.

Bury will now be looking forword too next season in the championship!

Looking too deal people ready for next season.

Welcome back Matty' date=' good luck at Bradford.

How many goals did Danny Graham score again? :P

[/quote']

it was a fluke! he wont get that many next year:p

Just remember I took over them when they were in the relegation zone :P

on that subject..........after being 12 points adrift with 10 games to go when I took over' date=' Leicester could perform the great escape tonight if Hull lose and we beat Jooles inform Crystal Palace.

squeaky bum time indeed[/quote']

yeah, i loved that team and i still do, put a lot of time and effort in getting some of those players, just didnt have time and fell out of love with SM.

anyway i won my first game in charge 2-0.

Exeter finish the regular season with a 0-0 draw against Bristol Rovers to finish 3rd.In the play offs versus Rovers again in semi final.Good luck to all those playing for promotion this weekend and congrats to all the other successful sides this season.

Well, it's with sadness that I'm going to say goodbye to my Crystal Palace team. Though this set-up is experiencing a great resurgence, which I applaud, really it's felt dead to me for some time and it's time to move on.

Really enjoyed my time here. It's fair to say that we've been one of the most successful clubs (finishing as 12th ranked manager despite only coming on-board late in season 2; all with a weak weak team) and finishing with 7 straight wins is a lovely way to go out! :)

Nice too to send Garymack down, good to stay competitive to the end I feel. One of a number of crossed paths with Mr. Mack of late. Be interesting to see how 2933 pans out.

So best of luck to all, and the set up. Someone please nudge me if Boro ever comes free. Bex seems to be having fun there but if that changes please let know, I'll come back and put them in Div 1 where they belong.

Obviously Palace are going to be a sought after team given how successful they've been, so best of luck to whoever snaps them up. 18.4M in the bank too! Oh, and hats off to Swansea Jack, great perseverance fella :)I

Well' date=' it's with sadness that I'm going to say goodbye to my Crystal Palace team. Though this set-up is experiencing a great resurgence, which I applaud, really it's felt dead to me for some time and it's time to move on.

Really enjoyed my time here. It's fair to say that we've been one of the most successful clubs (finishing as 12th ranked manager despite only coming on-board late in season 2; all with a weak weak team) and finishing with 7 straight wins is a lovely way to go out! :)

Nice too to send Garymack down, good to stay competitive to the end I feel. One of a number of crossed paths with Mr. Mack of late. Be interesting to see how 2933 pans out.

So best of luck to all, and the set up. Someone please nudge me if Boro ever comes free. Bex seems to be having fun there but if that changes please let know, I'll come back and put them in Div 1 where they belong.

Obviously Palace are going to be a sought after team given how successful they've been, so best of luck to whoever snaps them up. 18.4M in the bank too! Oh, and hats off to Swansea Jack, great perseverance fella :)I[/quote']

Sad to see you go mate - completely hear where your coming from - hopefully, given time, we may see you back bud. You did perform wonders at Palace, was always nervous when i saw that fixture come up as I have a lot of respect for you - so your a loss to the GW and I'm sure, many will agree.

Swansea Promoted!!!!

Superb job Aidan - well done mate! You must be delighted, really looking forward to seeing what you can do in the big time mate. Sorry my lot have nicked Rodgers. :o

In other news:-

Ed Moses takes control of Shorpe United.

This season your Chairman expects you to mount a serious promotion challenge.

Shorpe United were founded in 1899 and play their home games at Glanford Park in Shorpe. The club is also known as The Iron.

My new home, gonna take a lot of work!

Who got the Brighton offer?

Brighton and Hove Albion Job has been offered to: Dan Tomlins (Forum) (198)

Now that would be interesting!