English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Hello lads and lasses :)

I know you're probably sick at the sight of me in here' date=' but I'm back again :P Taken over Stoke in division 4 as a bit of a challenge, because I've never really managed down in the basement division for a long period of time (before receiving a job offer anyway). Not sure on my plans for the season yet, I'm just going to sort the tactics out and maybe just lie low for a few days before doing any transfer business. Feel free to VM/PM any interest (Probably for Ladotelli haha), but I probably won't decide anything just yet. Nearly finished all my exams, so I'll have a ton of free time on my hands soon. I don't plan to sit in all day on here all summer, but I'll have a lot more time than the first/second/tenth time around in here.

Oh, and yes, I am the one that swapped the Ox and Barros for Arshavin. Amazing, I know B) I have improved since then unfortunately for you lot.

Edit: What would you know, my first friendly is against Raz!

Double edit: We got promoted with Rob and Adam I see. Even better, should be more challenging :)[/quote']

Welcome benny...great for this setup :D.5579 is coming alive.

• Replies 38.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swanseajack

• Matty_avfc

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Can you help poor Kieran? Kieran Westwood - Goalkeeper - Aged 26 - Rated 85 This is Keiran, he likes sunny days, cold milk and fresh cookies.

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Building on Ed's work and in contrast to SJ's predictions ('cos I agree with you Ed' date=' many do seem to be writing off the new boys, with no rea

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread hang on fellas........... First.... Then.... A quick.... Remember to... Then grab some.... And a.... Into position...... ......

Hello lads and lasses :)

I know you're probably sick at the sight of me in here' date=' but I'm back again :P Taken over Stoke in division 4 as a bit of a challenge, because I've never really managed down in the basement division for a long period of time (before receiving a job offer anyway). Not sure on my plans for the season yet, I'm just going to sort the tactics out and maybe just lie low for a few days before doing any transfer business. Feel free to VM/PM any interest (Probably for Ladotelli haha), but I probably won't decide anything just yet. Nearly finished all my exams, so I'll have a ton of free time on my hands soon. I don't plan to sit in all day on here all summer, but I'll have a lot more time than the first/second/tenth time around in here.

Oh, and yes, I am the one that swapped the Ox and Barros for Arshavin. Amazing, I know B) I have improved since then unfortunately for you lot.

Edit: What would you know, my first friendly is against Raz!

Double edit: We got promoted with Rob and Adam I see. Even better, should be more challenging :)[/quote']

Welcome back mate, should be fun trying to bring Stoke back to the big time, certainly got some quality in the squad to do it. ;)

The offer for Pérez MICHU of Doncaster Rovers from Middlesbrough has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Michu's arrival will be the 7th signing this week....

6 youth team players have already arrived from Manchester City and Inter :)

The offer for Jelle VOSSEN of Northampton Town from Doncaster Rovers has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Nathan Dyer and some cash go the other way. Really like Vossen and I Dyer wasn't really a vital part of my team so I was happy to do it :) My strike force is now complete with Hadji, Callejon, Vossen and Magaye Gueye :)

Nathan Dyer and some cash go the other way. Really like Vossen and I Dyer wasn't really a vital part of my team so I was happy to do it :) My strike force is now complete with Hadji' date=' Callejon, Vossen and Magaye Gueye :)[/quote']

Yeah a pleasure doing buisness there mate. I'm in need for some cash so 4.8m s very handy and Dyer is a nice little player for the future. He won't be first team but he'll get playrd in the cups.

So I have now signed Dyer and Farfan, two signings there I'm proud of but that means that I have lots two strikers in Schieber and Vossen. So I'm looking to sign strikers now. :)

Thanks for the welcomes :)

That deal still looked good for you mind. I mean, Barrios hardly got a look in last season whereas Arshavin won the Russian League and played some great footie. Oxlade is massively over-rated on SM so I still think that team you had, got the better deal overall.

Things have obviously changed since and Raz took advantage of a muppet to sign Oxlade.

Glad you're back Ben, been trying to get you in for some time now and I'm delighted we'll be fighting it out next season.

Good to have you aboard once again mate. :)

That deal still looked good for you mind. I mean' date=' Barrios hardly got a look in last season whereas Arshavin won the Russian League and played some great footie. Oxlade is massively over-rated on SM so I still think that team you had, got the better deal overall.

Things have obviously changed since and Raz took advantage of a muppet to sign Oxlade.

Glad you're back Ben, been trying to get you in for some time now and I'm delighted we'll be fighting it out next season.

Good to have you aboard once again mate. :)[/quote']

Thanks for the kind words mate, I'm looking forward to competing with you next season :)

In terms of transfers at Stoke, I've had a couple of offers for Balotelli and Afellay, as well as some VM's, but I won't be deciding anything yet. If anything, I think Balotelli will be staying, but we'll see. Afellay I'm not so sure on yet, although I'm hoping he'll get a few sub appearances at least for Holland at the Euro's for me to have a proper look at him. He's never really featured for Barca when I've watched them, so I can't really make a judgement on him.

I've also taken over Ivory Coast for the world cup. Quite a decent team, but I wish they had a better keeper haha. Saying that, he's brilliant on FIFA ;)

No one will ever beat the previous Blackpool muppet who swapped Gotze for a Chamakh. Contender for the worst 5579 deal ever if not across any gameworld

Hahaha thats brilliant!

Yeah a pleasure doing buisness there mate. I'm in need for some cash so 4.8m s very handy and Dyer is a nice little player for the future. He won't be first team but he'll get playrd in the cups.

So I have now signed Dyer and Farfan' date=' two signings there I'm proud of but that means that I have lots two strikers in Schieber and Vossen. So I'm looking to sign strikers now. :)[/quote']

Ive heard Sheffield Wednesday are selling most players, including Miccoli and kiessling

So I have now signed Dyer and Farfan' date=' two signings there I'm proud of but that means that I have lots two strikers in Schieber and Vossen. So I'm looking to sign strikers now. :)[/quote']

Fair enough.

Just put in a few bids to solve some depth problems and agreed to sell Arne Freidrich to external

Ash has returned as Gillingham manager.

Arsenal' date=' Tranmere and Crystal Palace are the only sides seeking new managers now.[/quote']

hello kop ;) would of waited if i knew other teams were on offer (esspically arsenal!) but oh well nice to be home :D