• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swanseajack

• Matty_avfc

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Can you help poor Kieran? Kieran Westwood - Goalkeeper - Aged 26 - Rated 85 This is Keiran, he likes sunny days, cold milk and fresh cookies.

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Building on Ed's work and in contrast to SJ's predictions ('cos I agree with you Ed' date=' many do seem to be writing off the new boys, with no rea

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread hang on fellas........... First.... Then.... A quick.... Remember to... Then grab some.... And a.... Into position...... ......

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Ivory Coast got beat by Montenegro' date=' 1-0.

Darn :([/quote']

Oh wow forgot all about the world cup! :eek:

Bulgaria 2-2 France!

I got away with that one seeing as I played 4-3-3 with a few players out of positions.

Yanga-Mbiwa played as a centre forward and scored a goal! :eek::D

The offer for Ferreira MARIANO of Bordeaux from Sheffield Wednesday has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Emmerson BOYCE of Bayern München from Sheffield Wednesday has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Far from the best signings but desperate for depth so bringing in an 87 RB/RM and an 86 CB/RB. Still a CB short and would appreciate any loans of players rated 86+

Really pleased with how my team is coming along, relied heavily on loans last year but this season I will have a pretty solid first team line up without loans:

------------Isaksson(88)

---Ebondo(88) Lolo(87) Kucher(87)

-------------Brocchi(88)

Lopez(87) Kayal(87) Corgnet(87) Reyes(89)

---------Callejon(88) Hadji(88)

Subs: Vossen(87), Hutchinson(87), Izaguirre(86), Fetfatzidis(85), Manolas(85), Gueye(83), Cowie(84), Harte(82) and Guthrie(86)

Guest Scout Maker

Forgot to mention, I managed to bring in Sebastian Jung, an 86 rated 21 year old right back who plays for Frankfurt from Catania in a straight swap for Cardoso Nei. I'm suprised there wasn't more competition for him really, although I did have to beat off a decent bid from Manchester City. Nei wasn't needed and had reached his peak so I'm glad I didn't have to sell him for a tiny amount of cash. Jung won't go straight into the starting XI however will provide decent backup for a 3-5-2 defence consisting of Mongongu, Vlaar and Bungert.

Yannick Djalo and Cedric Mongongu's tranfer bans ended today so they can join the list that I posted yesterday:

Nikolay Mihaylov (GK, 23, 88)

Cedric Mongongu (CB/RB, 22, 87)

Pirmin Schwegler (CM/DM, 25, 88)

Carlos Sanchez (CM/DM, 26, 88)

Danielle Dessena (CM/DM, 25, 87)

Fabian Frei (AM/Wing, 23, 86)

Yoan Gouffran (Fwd/Wing, 26, 88)

Ferreira Ari (Fwd/Wing, 27, 87)

Yannick Djalo (Fwd/Wing, 26, 87)

Denis Stracqualursi (CF, 24, 86)

Magnus Eikrem (CM/AM, 21, 82)

Daniel Ginczek (CF, 21, 82)

I'm willing to use any two of the above, or maybe even three in a part exchange deal.

I am looking for:

1) A 88+ Fwd/CF under 25 years old

2) A 88+ Defender under 30 years old

3) A 89+ Midfielder under 27 years old

If you are willing to deal I'm online on chat right now, however if I go offline then feel free to visitor message me.

EC5579

Season Six Awards

We kick of the end of season awards with a look at Division 4.

The 6th season in the 4th division was tight but in the end a considerable gap of 10 points from third saw Torquay take the title, Stoke the nearest to them just 5 points behind and taking the second promotion place.

The playoffs came down to Yeovil, Southampton, Doncaster and Hereford – the top scorers of that bundle coming out on top as Doncaster won the promotion battle.

Down at the bottom, Swindon had a season to forget as they propped up the GW finishing on a lowly 33pts.

Pavel Pogrebnyak was sensational for Cardiff, scoring 24 goals in 32 games. Just squeezing out Southampton’s Llorente on 23 to claim the 4th Division golden boot. Many will be keeping an eye out for Jay Rodriquez next season his return of 16 goals in 18 a highlight for Burnley.

Elsewhere Pablo Osvaldo of Gillingham and Mario Balotelli of Stoke turned on the style, both maintaining an average rating of at least 8 but it was Oscar Cardozo of Yeovil who stood out a mile in the 4th division – his rating of 8.52 over 23 games was stunning but sadly Yeovil came up just short in the playoffs.

Balotelli was everywhere, as he also claimed the top assister adding 21 assists to his 20 goals – all in just 32 games. The Pog and Llorente were also narrowly behind – its no surprise that Pog also claimed the highest number of MoM awards with 13.

And so the the awards themselves.

Division 4 manager of the season - Rammy

Player Awards by Position

Goalkeepr – Ter Stegen

Defender – Nelsen

Midfielder – Lallana

Forward – Pogrebnyak

Division 4 Signing of the season - Pogrebnyak

Division 4 overachiever of the year - Rammy

Swindon can count themselves lucky – there was no winner of the division 4 wooden spoon this year.

Congrats to all, especially Rammy obviously.

Up next…..Division 3

EC5579

Season Six Awards

And so on we go to Division 3.

Many people pre season favourites, Newcastle, took the title in style playing attacking football and scoring almost 100 league goals. Bury may have won more games but had to settle for 2nd place.

Exeter, Sheffield United, Barsnsley and Bristol Rovers headed into the lottery that is the playoffs – it was United who secured their place in the 2nd division with their win at Wembley.

Shorpe, shipping 89 goals this season, finished rock bottom with just 26 points and will be joined in the 4th division for season 7 by Bristol City and, narrowly, Walsall.

Seydou Doumbia scored 26 goals in 33 appearances for Bury to claim the top scorer award, edging out Newcastle’s stunning strike force of Fred and Vucinic who claimed 45 goals between them! Exeter will hope that Shinji Okazaki will be able to reproduce his form next season – a return of 14 goals in 15 games bodes well for season 7.

It was that man Doumbia again who, thanks in part to his goals but also to his 11 assists, managed an average performance of 8.03 – keeping that other man Vucinic (8.0) of top spot.

You would expect a Newcastle player to be top assister also – however although Vucinic (who also claimed the most MoM awards with 12), Fred and Ibson managed a staggering 48 assists between them it was Sheffield United’s Leon Osman who became the strikers best friend with 19 assists.

Here are the final results for the Division Three, Season Six awards:-

Division 3 manager of the season - Warren Livesy

Player Awards by Position

Goalkeepr – Romero

Defender – Coloccini

Midfielder – Gutierez

Forward – Doumbia

Division 3 Signing of the season – No Votes

Division 3 overachiever of the year - Warren Livesy

Division 3 Wooden Spoon Award - Hammer for taking over bury and claiming promotion.

Well done Exeter and Warren.

Up next…..Division 2

EC5579

Season Six Awards

Division 2 provided somewhat of a roller coaster for Season 6, the title being decided on goal difference!

It was Watford‘s nerve that held with Swansea claiming second place – the two will enjoy life in the big league next season.

They will be joined by Notts County who took the play off final, meaning Birmingham, Millwall and West Brom must do it all again next season.

Things were just as tight down the bottom – but it’s Dagenham, Leeds and Wigan that will be playing in the third tier next year. A lot of eyes were on Manchester United over the last few turns as they finished only 2 points above the relegated teams.

That Welsh Wizard Giggs rolled back the years for Swansea, scoring 21 goals and claiming the golden boot, just ahead of Matri and Neymar who netted 20 a piece. In fact Matri is worth a closer look as his 20 goals came in just 25 games.

You would expect Giggs to be right up there in terms of performance, and you would be right, but his 7.86 average was just eclipsed following a stunning season over at Millwall for Lukaku who an average of 7.88. In fact its Giggs and Lukaku who share the MVP award with 9 MoM’s each. Lionel Messi would be much aggrieved with his teams final standing, the 14 games he played he managed an average 7.79 and he will be key for Manchester United if they are to improve in Season 7.

Wolverhampton Wanders Di Natale proved to be the big team player, setting up a goal every other game and finishing with 16 assists for the season.

The results of voting for Division 2, Season 6 then are:-

Division 2 manager of the season - SwanseaJack

Player Awards by Position -

Goalkeeper – Courtois

Defender – Howedes

Midfielder – Giggs

Forward –Neymar

Division 2 Signing of the season - Courtois

Division 2 overachiever of the year - Mister Malcolm

Division 2 wooden spoon award (please add detail) – Manchester United

Mister Malcolm and Aidan the big winners there and deservedly so.

To follw – the last divisional awards, the 1st Division.

Added a couple of players to the loan list (more for the lower rated sides)

Fran Merida

Jetro Willems

Also the follwing player's may leave for cash -

Fabiano Santacroce

Ruben Perez

McDonald Mariga

Kieran Richardson

Haven't been logging on much recently thanks to it being the final few weeks of my college course. In Carlisle news though chuffed to bits to have taken my side from virtually bottom when I took charge to missing out on the play-offs by just a couple of points.

Pavel Pogrebnyak was scoring goals for fun and has attracted a fair bit of interest. Currently though I'm not sure on where his future lies. I may look to keep him and just upgrade a couple of other areas to see if I can mount a promotion push next season.

I'll look to clear up the future of the Pog and figure out my transfer targets in the next couple of days.

EC5579

Season Six Awards

The final season 6 overview is for Division 1 – and we witnessed one of the most dramatic finishes to the top flight in EC5579 history.

By the last turn anyone of four teams – Sunderland, Aston Villa, Everton and Brighton & Hove Albion – could claim the title. And so it was that Sunderland won, thanks to a GD that was just 3 better than Aston Villa – a point separating the top four.

Just off the top four things were equally as exciting as the next 5 places for Europe were separated by just 3 pts. Crystal Palace and their form over the last 5/6 turns are worthy of a mention as they forced they’re way into the top half.

Down the bottom Hull clawed their way out of trouble as the big scalp of Leicester slipped into the relegation spots alongside Derby and BlackpoolPreston also narrowly avoiding the drop.

On the pitch Lisandro was pipped in the top scoring ranks by an on fire Diego Forlan who got the extra single goal to total 21 for the season and take the Golden Boot. Special mention to the Eto’o and Ibrahimovic over at Spurs who have struck a formidable partnership, netting 36 between them.

Higuain at Villa (who also totaled the most MoM awards with 8) and Fabregas at Arsenal were pulling the strings, each averaging 7.71 for over 30 games – although Jack Wilshere’s over at Everton saw him average 7.78 in just his 9 games, it’ll be interesting to see how he does over a season.

On the assist front Angel Di Maria stood out on his own, benefiting the Arsenal front line with a total of 22 assists.

And so to the awards themselves, as voted for by 5579 :-

Division 1 manager of the season – Ed Moses

Player Awards by position

Goalkeeper – Hart

Defender – Vidic

Midfielder – Ozil

Forward – Lisandro

Division 1 Signing of the season – Aguero back to Liverpool

Division 1 overachiever of the year – Brighton

Division 1 wooden spoon award - Leicester

And with the divisional awards done and dusted, we now turn our focus to the big ones – the Overall Season Awards, which will follow shortly.

EC5579

Season Six Awards

To quickly summarise the key awards so far:-

Manager of the Season

Division 4 – Rammy

Division 3 – Warren Livesy

Division 2 – SwanseaJack

Division 1 – EdMoses

Overachiever of the Year

Division 4 – Rammy

Division 3 – Warren Livesy

Division 2 – Mister Malcolm

Division 1 – EdMoses

Wooden Spoon Award

Division 4 – None

Division 3 – Hammer

Division 2 – Manchester United

Division 1 – Leicester

And the overall big ones:

Season Six Villain of 5579

Hammer

EC5579 Season Six Wooden Spoon Award

Manchester United

for almost dropping down to the third division

EC5579 Season Sic Team of the Year

Sunderland

EC5579 Season Six Overachiever of the Season

Brighton & Hove Albion

EC5579 Season Six Signing of the season

TIED

Aguero to Liverpool, and Ballack to Notts County

EC5579 Season Six Most Memorable Moment

Turn 38

so much decided in one round of games highlighted the strength in one of the most competitive EC’s out there.

EC5579 Season Six Manager of the Season

Ed Moses

”The Higgy” Season Six Biggest Contribution To 5579

The incomparable Brian Sandals

Many thanks to all that voted, congratulations to all the winners.

Here’s hoping that next season can come as close to this one – here’s to the ups and the down’s of doing it all again.

Whats everyone looking forward to seeing in Season Seven I wonder? Seeing how some well the legendary managers that have arrived/returned do? How much can Bibi achieve at Arsenal? Will Aidan choke it at the big show? How many more clubs will Hammer “manage”? Will Manchester United evolve? Will those that have left be missed? Where will the controversy come from? Who will be the surprise package?

And much, much, much more…..

Here’s to EC5579 !