English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Ben Newman was unable to prevent a Stoke City defeat to Derby County.

Stoke City slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Derby County in their Division 2 fixture.

Afellay was on the scoresheet for his side.

Thought we'd managed to pick up a point in this one, but it wasn't to be. But hey, if you're going to be have a winning goal scored against you, there's no other man you want it to be than Raul, right? :P

Good game Jose, well done on the win :)

Hugo ALMEIDA has completed his move to Charlton Athletic from Besiktas JK for 3,000,000 plus Alessandro NESTA and Dejan BOLJEVIĆ . All other offers were turned down.

Nesta inevitably will drop while i think Almeida will keep his rating for a longer time,so overall i think this is good deal for me

Anyone want to do a deal including Peter Crouch? With the arrival of Milevskiy and Almeida,Crouch role is uncertain atm. I'll consider any deal which includes a defender

Hayden .... was unable to prevent a Brentford defeat to Huddersfield Town.

Brentford slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat to Huddersfield Town in their English Cup Round 1 fixture.

Very close game' date=' put out a weakened side to rest some players. Anyway i was never going to win considering Tom + Bendtner have the best communication on SM lol he always seems to be banging them in.[/center']

Easy bye for Wigan to get to round 2 of the cup, playing Bolton in the next round 2 which could be interesting.

Simone ZAZA has completed his move to Wigan Athletic from Sampdoria for £980,000.

Wigan Athletic have snapped up Free Agent Dwight GAYLE for £75,000.

Happy about those two signings, especially Gayle. Also, looking for a defender for P/E and money deal.

CARCELA-GONZALEZ gets to the by-line and crosses the ball out to the edge of the penalty area.

PEDRETTI takes it down with the chest and hits a low drive.

GOAL!! - The ball zips across the turf and flies into the corner of the net!

An all too familiar sight for the Doncaster fans, bottom of the league and deservedly out of the cup.

Good times are just round the corner, i'm sure :rolleyes:

Hayden .... was unable to prevent a Brentford defeat to Bristol City.

Brentford slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Bristol City in their Division 4 fixture.

Souza scored the only goal for Brentford and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Dominated all areas bar shots' date=' think i may dip in the market for a new striker as i can't kill off games![/center']

James Burrow has angered the Blackpool fans by resigning from the club.

Too right' date=' especially given who I left for:

James Burrow has become the new Preston North End manager.

Much better financial situation, and players I actually know.[/quote']

Bet you couldn't wait to get back down Blackpool road.

Bet you couldn't wait to get back down Blackpool road.

Blackpool never felt like my squad, and I kept falling into the red and missed out on a few externals due to that. At Preston I've got a hearty budget, a good skeleton of the squad (most of which I would have signed myself) yet still room to improve.

Four points from six games give me room to improve, worst goals against in the league too.

Hayden .... was unable to prevent a Brentford defeat to Burnley.

Brentford slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat to Burnley in their Division 4 fixture.

Completely dominated burnley, should of won but ronaldinho can't finish.. He's played like 4 or 5 games Scored 0 and assisted 0..