Guest Higgy

English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Might not be as big of a derby as when Dudeskin was in charge, but the South Wales derby is still one of the most important fixtures of the season and I managed to beat Cardiff convincingly 4-1. Ryan Giggs once agains steps up to the mark on derby day, with two goals in the first four minutes and the other goals coming from Mario Suarez and Papiss Cisse. Now up to the dizzy heights of third, although it's still early days and I'm the same margin of points behind first as I am ahead of 11th.

Also, now is a good time to boast about the signing of Callum McManaman from an external club for £2.5 million as soon ago as the 25th March.

Also' date=' now is a good time to boast about the signing of Callum McManaman from an external club for £2.5 million as soon ago as the 25th March.[/quote']

Nice signing there :).

Geoffrey earned a draw with Leyton Orient against Brentford.

The match ended 0 - 0 between Leyton Orient and Brentford in their Division 4 fixture.

Good win for Pompey as we are now top of the league!

Similar thing here with Sheffield United and Peterborough. Used to love it when Brian was in charge, even better when they have a manager! Beat them convincingly 5-2 at Bramall Lane thanks to a Shane Long brace and a superb Maarten Marten hat-trick. Two of my favorite players at the club. Move up to 9th and the ball really is starting to pick up some momentum now after a rocky start.

Also' date=' now is a good time to boast about the signing of [b']Callum McManaman[/b] from an external club for £2.5 million as soon ago as the 25th March.

Outstandingly average. Nothing special, just wasn't Clichy's day.

Smashed Birmingham 3-0. :)

Welcome to all

Outstandingly average. Nothing special' date=' just wasn't Clichy's day.

Smashed Birmingham 3-0. :)

Welcome to all[/quote']

Well for a start, regardless of whether he makes it or not he should be getting a rise to around 85 which is good value for £2.5 million.

It's not as if McManaman hasn't been playing really well leading up to the final, showed glimpses of magic against us, scored a crucial winner for Wigan against West Brom, scored an important goal against Spurs and scored 3 times for Wigan on route to the cup final including a great goal and performance against Millwall in the semi final and has really impressed since breaking into the Wigan side. Today though, not only did he destroy Clichy, but he managed to force two mis timed challenges out of Zabaleta to get him sent off as well.

Tranmere Rovers beat West Bromwich Albion 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Dević had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Kuyt was on the scoresheet for his side.

Dream start for me :D

Jumps to 17th place.Out from relegation zone.

9 points behind Dagenham & Redbridge.Can we make it to Div.2 ?

B)

peter gerrard(gozgoz8) steered Charlton Athletic to victory against Doncaster Rovers.

Charlton Athletic beat Doncaster Rovers 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Reyes scored the winner for Charlton Athletic and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Important win for me, go up to 11th in the table

Jamezz Chettz was unable to prevent a Ipswich Town defeat to Bristol Rovers.

Ipswich Town slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat against Bristol Rovers in their Division 3 fixture

Really disappointed:o

Wouldn't mind the West Ham job.I believe its on offer to the Chelsea manager.Would anyone mind PMing the Chelsea manager and asking what he's doing please

Barnet and Carlisle are on general release.

Been rather busy at Bury and I'm pleased with how my squad is looking, let 7 players rated between 85 and 91 go as they were crippling me with wages and the majority were sat on my bench.

Replaced these with some half decent younger and on a lot less wage players.

Looking to stay solid in division 2 and cement my place there as I don't think my team are ready for the dizzy heights of division 1.

If any is interested in Huntelaar make an offer guys but I'll need a half decent replacement for him, rating doesn't bother me as long as the player is going places.

Really disappointed:o

Unlucky mate. That game could have gone either way considering both teams' form before the game. I went 4-4-2 considering I hadnt scored in 4 league games before this win and it payed off. Out of the cup tonight though, losing 4-1 to Peterborough. My home form this season has been atrocious.

The offer for Marc MUNIESA of Celtic from Coventry City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Deeply suspicous as to why one of Barca's potentially massive youth players on the fringes of the first team will be coming my way with literally no competition. Am I missing something? :confused::D

Respuesta: Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Deeply suspicous as to why one of Barca's potentially massive youth players on the fringes of the first team will be coming my way with literally no competition. Am I missing something? :confused::D

He has been injuried for several months with torn ACL, anyway it is a big signing.

By the way, im the new Derby County manager, too bad Hughes and Bennett are not on the roster :rolleyes:

Boom sha lack lack boom !

Ed Moses steered Coventry City to victory against Chelsea.

Coventry City outclassed Chelsea and beat them 3 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Mcgeady scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Van Der Vaart and Derdiyok were also amongst the goalscorers.

And in other news......

Marc MUNIESA has completed his move to Coventry City from Celtic in a swap deal for Ondrej MAZUCH

All in all, a cracking night!

Beat Fulham 3-1 away from home with goals from Mario Suarez, Ryan Giggs and Sergio Ballesteros. That's my fourth consecutive win, which puts me on 23 points and in 3rd place behind only Portsmouth and Liverpool after 12 games. I was knocked out of the Cup yesterday, but whilst I'm not a GM I've progressed to the knockout stages of the SMFA Shield. All in all, despite not looking to have the strongest of squadz or players, I've been able to compete with the very best in Division 1 and look like a side that can be successful at the very top of the set up.