Guest Higgy

English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Hi' date=' i''m the new manager of Torquay United and I hope that i can get this team into the play-off. Good Luck!

P.D: I'm looking for Left Back.

[/b']

The Torquay United chairman has appointed Boby Emilov as the clubs new manager.
Boby Emilov has parted company with Torquay United after the manager decided that they have done all that they can for the club.

Well that lasted long...

Didnt really want to give up Strootman' date=' but I think that this move was for the best. Nasri is still only 25, and he is starting to show signs of being less lazy..[/quote']

Whereas young Strootman is showing signs of being much better than the idle Frenchman.

I think Nasri barely worth his current rating tbh - but we all see these things in our own way.

Didnt really want to give up Strootman' date=' but I think that this move was for the best. Nasri is still only 25, and he is starting to show signs of being less lazy..[/quote']

Happy with this. Managed to get Lavezzi in so was in no need of Strootman any longer. Finnbogson makes me very happy in this deal as I think he could be 87/8 very soon.

The Pablo Osvaldo bids have been accepted, I've bid high with two players of a high p/e value. My bids worth in the region of £20.5-21 million to Juventus and I think I've got a good chance of getting him. I know it's quite high, but Davies and Marshall aren't really of any use to me and neither is a load of cash that I've been unable to use to sign a key player for ages. It's not often I've got the chance to get another 90+ player in, especially one who's in form.

Other bids:

Coventry City - Mohamed Diame

Preston - £876k, David Nugent and Morais Wellington

Leeds United - £2 million, Nolan Roux and Nordin Amrabat.

Hereford United - £236k, Anthony Modeste and Gheorghe Grozav

Southampton - £2 million, Castillo Adrian and Andre Castro

Bristol City - £8 million, Angel Dealbert and Sastre Pere

Derby County - Mauricio Baldivieso and Ondrej Celustka

Portsmouth - £2.4 million, Roman Shishkin and Alessandro Nesta

I think I do have him, I think Portsmouth's the closest to me at around £18-19 million but I'd be surprised if any of those bids beat mine.

Osvaldo's gone to Portsmouth' date=' must say that I thought I had him and I'm disappointed to miss out. Nesta's part exchange value must have been higher than I anticipated.[/quote']

It would be very high seeing as he is a 90 at a club with an average rating far below that. P/E values are done on what they are worth to their real life club, so his would be around 12/13/14 million I would suspect.

Pablo OSVALDO has completed his move to Portsmouth from Juventus for 2,389,000 plus Roman SHISHKIN and Alessandro NESTA . All other offers were turned down.

To answer your questions guys, my bid totaled 25 million. Nesta was worth like around 12 while Shiskin was around 11 along with the 2.3 million.

Jeez how long does it take for results to come through

It's a joke, isn't it... at this rate my match must have gone to extra time, penalties and then a frickin replay in an overseas venue....

SMFA hasn't got a clue...I'm just glad I'm not a gold manager - that level of service would p*ss me off if I had to pay for it.

Lost 2-1 at home to Charlton in the cup after going 1-0 up.Had to play my entire 2nd string due to all my first team being low on condition.Play the same team at home Wednesday so hoping for a better result!

Ohhhhhh……..

X Side have made a loan offer to X Side for X PLAYER . Loans are season long but the loan can be terminated freely by either club at any time. A player who is out on loan has their wages paid 50% by the parent club and 50% by the club the player is at.

….not seen that before!

Ohhhhhh……..

….not seen that before!

Yeah, its pretty decent for smaller teams now.

I never knew that you could get data packs. Currently using a "legends" one, and it says that I have Michel Platini :D (nasri)

Yeah' date=' its pretty decent for smaller teams now.

I never knew that you could get data packs. Currently using a "legends" one, and it says that I have Michel Platini :D (nasri)[/quote']

Darlo, please in plain english explain to an old **** like myself what a data pack is and if i shoudl get one.

Literally havent a clue what they are.

Darlo' date=' please in plain english explain to an old **** like myself what a data pack is and if i shoudl get one.

Literally havent a clue what they are.[/quote']

Sure,

Click Account in the top right corner of SM

Click Community

Click the "Data Packs" tab

And choose any of them - I chose Legends of World Cup

Its great fun, basically, some players in game have been changed to former legends, like Maradona (messi), Gordon Banks (hart), my Platini (nasri).. You even have one :D

If you dont like it, you can change it or go back to the original :)

I've finally found out what that was, I don't know whether it was me who did it or not but I had the likes of Maradona, Pele and Eusebio scoring against me for the last few months to my bemusement and couldn't find anything about this on the forum (although I was probably looking in the wrong place) and when I was trying to see whether it was just me I wasn't able to explain it well enough it seems. Thanks for that Darlo, managed to eventually fix it.

The offer for Santos RAMIRES of West Ham United from Shrewsbury Town has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Excellent :D

Montolivo leaves, along with the brilliant youngster Bruma, which is a shame, but I'm a great fan of Ramires, so i'm rather pleased with this really :)

Florian THAUVIN has completed his move to Shrewsbury Town from Lille OSC for £5,250,000

Managed to pick up the Ligue 1 young player of the season from external for CV :eek:

Sure' date='

Click Account in the top right corner of SM

Click Community

Click the "Data Packs" tab

And choose any of them - I chose Legends of World Cup

Its great fun, basically, some players in game have been changed to former legends, like Maradona (messi), Gordon Banks (hart), my Platini (nasri).. [b']You even have one :D[/b]

If you dont like it, you can change it or go back to the original :)

Ha! Pretty amusing that, my Arsenal in 7777 have Muller, Platini etc! :D

Cant say I can see anyone legendary at Coventry tho mate?

Ha! Pretty amusing that' date=' my Arsenal in 7777 have Muller, Platini etc! :D

Cant say I can see anyone legendary at [b']Coventry[/b] tho mate?

Dino Zoff in goal ;)

EDIT: You may have tried a different data pack, there are quite a few of the "legends" ones

A brace for David Nugent helps Preston to a 3-1 win over Newcastle. Reto Ziegler sealed the win with his first goal since joining on a permanent basis. Now have a 5 point lead over Hartlepool, but due to my recent educational inactivity, will need to play the reserves for a game to regain fitness.

Excellent :D

Montolivo leaves' date=' along with the brilliant youngster Bruma, which is a shame, but I'm a great fan of Ramires, so i'm rather pleased with this really :)[/i']

Managed to pick up the Ligue 1 young player of the season from external for CV :eek:

Which is why i left. No fun having all the talents in a uncompetetive set up, shame that.

Hows my old Barnsley getting on?

Bit of a mental game over at Hereford for the Sky Blues:-

2 Mins - crazy start

JUCILEI connects with the knee of GLUSHAKOV with a high challenge.

Free kick to Hereford United to the right of the box.

Red Card - The referee immediately shows JUCILEI the red card.

3 Mins - Down to 10 men, Coventry someohow win the ball straight back and go on the attack....

Victor GIULIANO curls in a beautiful cross towards Jonathan WALTERS.

WALTERS gets his head to the ball.

GOAL!! - The keeper can't quite reach it.

58 Mins - Coventry's luck runs out

DERIJCK spots a run up front and plays a long pass along the ground.

GLUSHAKOV manages to get a shot in.

GOAL!! - The ball is just out of reach for BUFFON and it hits the back of the net.

Hang on tho, the luck is still there after all...

OFFSIDE! - GLUSHAKOV strayed behind the defence as DERIJCK made the pass.

77 Mins - Coventry pushing the right buttons?

Garry BOCALY takes MCGEADY from behind with a nasty challenge.

Red Card - BOCALY is sent off.

88 Mins - Using your noddle

WALTERS is forced out wide but manages to get a cross in.

VAN DER VAART connects well with the header.

GOAL!! - The ball sails over MCGREGOR and into the goal.

The goal seals the win in what was a close game and in all fairness a draw woudl likely have been the farer result. But having palyed almost the whole game with just 10 men I am delighted to take the spoils and move up to 7th in the table.