Guest Higgy

English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

The clear out at Notts County continues

HÉLTON, Arruda moved to Tottenham Hotspur for 13.0M

Great offer from Tottenham which sees Sujiemani move in the opposite position, the move will see veteran Brad Friedel jump up to the starting job and I have every confidence in the former U.S international

KIRCH, Oliver moved to Hannover for 3.4M

SVENSSON, Bo moved to Aalborg BK for 3.4M

DUCOURTIOUX, David moved to Valenciennes for 2.9M

ANTONSSON, Mikael to US Lecce for 4.9M

Trying to reduce the wage bill and there will be subsequent departures.

TRANSFERS IN

Salomón RONDON has completed his move to Notts County from Rubin Kazan for 3,000,000 plus Tom DE SUTTER and Marcus OLSSON

Delighted to get Rondon into the squad and will provide some much needed youth up front with Klose, Olic, Pavlyuchenko and Cacau. As a result of Rondon's arrival, Brown Ideye's loan has been cancelled and he returns to Portsmouth

Ended my long run without a win on Arouna Kone's first game back, as we beat Birmingham 2-0. Kone couldn't score, but did get an assist as we ended 8 games without a win thanks to Jonathan De Guzman's first league goal for me and Ryan Giggs 96th league goal for me.

Next up Watford at home.

I've also taken on Wales, and have my second international against Senegal with me closing in on World Cup qualification.

Couldn't of wrote it better myself.

Niko Kranjcar scores an 89th minute winner on his debut against Nottingham Forest to give us three points and to remain in with a slim shot of a playoff place. While its still mathematically possible to get an automatic spot i can't see myself gaining 10 more points than Oldham come the end of the season. Ill settle for a playoff place.

Patrice Evra steered Arsenal to victory against Manchester City.

Arsenal outclassed Manchester City and beat them 3 - 2 in their Division 1 fixture.

Muniain scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Iniesta and Busquets were also amongst the goalscorers.

Nice way to start my reign as Arsenal gaffer!

Over the moon with my first result as Tranmere boss. Managed to get a 2-1 win over Doncaster. Chose my tactics based on Doncaster's last performance, and it obviously paid off. I had 65% possession and a total of 26 shots on target! Kaka and Sane getting the goals. Looking forward to my next game against Norwich.

A 1-1 draw away to Torquay United courtsey of a De Bruyne goal sees us finally climb above the relegation zone, but only just. Been a poor season for me since accepting the Millwall job offer. Hopefully we can avoid relegation though, I think any chance of promotion is long gone now anyway with us being 14 points off the play-off positions.

.El Nino was unable to prevent a Wigan Athletic defeat to Derby County.

Wigan Athletic have lost to Derby County 5 - 3 in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.

Welbeck, Moralez and Bojan were amongst the goalscorers.

We are now in 10th placed. I believed we can still archive promotion :)

Lost 3-2 against Bradford in my game last night. Desperately need a win against Coventry on Saturday as I've fallen back into the drop zone. Pienaar returns after a lengthy spell on the sidelines but I'm still without Drenthe and Howson. Hibbert is also injured now and Cofie (my top scorer) is banned for 3 games after being sent off against Bradford.

Johansson could be in line for a debut start, as could Kallstrom.

Lost 3-2 against Bradford in my game last night. Desperately need a win against Coventry on Saturday as I've fallen back into the drop zone. Pienaar returns after a lengthy spell on the sidelines but I'm still without Drenthe and Howson. Hibbert is also injured now and Cofie (my top scorer) is banned for 3 games after being sent off against Bradford.

Johansson could be in line for a debut start' date=' as could Kallstrom.[/quote']

Mwahahahahahaha! Victory will be mine!

Lots of love

Coventry

Delighted to announce the capture of new Sunderland defender, Valentin Roberge. At £2.5m it could be a real steal. Looks a very good player who was supposedly wanted by Sporting, Benfica and Porto. As a result Andreas Bjelland will be sold in the coming days. Mats Rits is still for sale, highly rated Belgium, would rather sell him internally....

Despite the sale of Xhaka this last week, Peterborough are in a financial mess. Only kept my head above water all these seasons through selling players. Just been analyzing the charts and my expenditure is about £400k more than my income. Not once this season have I made a profit through regular income. With a squad of 42 and a wage bill in excess of £778,575 it might be time to put Peterborough on a fine financial footing for the upcoming seasons.

3eee03e4890b7520c712e1195ee1daf9.png

yeaaaaah. On reflection its not going to be that easy.

Plus a cut in wages means one thing - A large transfer budget, and with the squad i have I am not going to waste a high transfer budget which will slowly fade away given time.

My finances really haven't been helped by SM implementing a new wage system where players are given wage rises when they ask for them, which seems perfectly realistic :rolleyes: If a player signs a five season contract at a certain wage, then I should be allow to keep that player on that wage for five seasons.

I had managed to sort my finances out until then, but now my expenditure is around £400k over my income., currently on £1.1 million cash and relying on European money to put me in a decent financial position at the end of the season.

I think buying young British players has been good for me, there are a lot of my current first team players that have been developed from doing this. There are a few players though that have probably come as far as they are going to and it's time for them to move on.

Jason Banton, Dani Pacheco, Shane Ferguson, Adam Smith, Ben Marshall and David Davis have all been transfer listed which should reduce the wages by £60k a week and raise £9 million. This may take some time though which I found to be the case with Jake Kean, as unmanaged clubs were bidding rather than external clubs.

Mario Suarez has also returned to Portsmouth from his loan, he did a good job for me in his 19 league games but his concern of being out on loan was growing and with Canas and De Guzman both joining recently he doesn't really justify the £30k a week.

Also going to try and increase my attempts to loan out a number of younger players, which should reduce my wages by around £50k a week.

With only a capacity of 7,500 I will also have to be careful at northampton.altought I can't see a way of making a profit without wheeling and dealing as I did for the blades,part of the challenge.

Signed tomkins for 5m which I think could be a good bit of business going forward.

My finances really haven't been helped by SM implementing a new wage system where players are given wage rises when they ask for them' date=' which seems perfectly realistic :rolleyes: If a player signs a five season contract at a certain wage, then I should be allow to keep that player on that wage for five seasons.[/quote']

You beat me to this one. I have been noticing lately, I was letting a lot of players rise up concerns until level 3/4 then giving them a new contract if i felt they were needed, but now players like Caulker, Janssen and Martens have been given new contracts.

I think buying young British players has been good for me, there are a lot of my current first team players that have been developed from doing this. There are a few players though that have probably come as far as they are going to and it's time for them to move on.

Similar thing here, if i hadn't signed the likes of Chedjou, Caulker, Xhaka, Coleman, Long, Wanyama and McClean when I did then things would be a lot more difficult. I'd of put money on getting relegated if I hadn't signed these players.

Also going to try and increase my attempts to loan out a number of younger players, which should reduce my wages by around £50k a week.

You still have to pay 50% of the wages if you didn't know...

You beat me to this one. I have been noticing lately' date=' I was letting a lot of players rise up concerns until level 3/4 then giving them a new contract if i felt they were needed, but now players like Caulker, Janssen and Martens have been given new contracts.[/quote']

I've had this for 9 players so far in the space of just a few days, it's very frustrating.

You still have to pay 50% of the wages if you didn't know...

It should be 50k cut from my wages after the 50%, I'm not as bothered by that change as it is realistic in a sense.

I didn't factor that in to the wages that would be cut with letting Mario Suarez go back, but he just wasn't needed and was growing to Joe Allen's concerns.

I didn't factor that in to the wages that would be cut with letting Mario Suarez go back' date=' but he just wasn't needed and was growing to Joe Allen's concerns.[/quote']I haven't really factored Ciaran Clarks loan. 11k wages, why do I need to keep Bjelland? I really don't on 18k a week. Could pocket near on £5m and save £684k p/season.

That's what I like to see!! :D

Two early goals from Long and Wanyama lead Peterborough to a 2-0 victory away at diiiirty Leeds. Ended the game with 10 men though after Shane Long got himself sent off. He's missed hell of a lot of football this season, 2 suspensions and 3 weeks out with an injury yet he still stands on 9 goals (11 in all comps)

Caulker has picked up a 1 match suspension too.

.El Nino steered Wigan Athletic to victory against Notts County.

Wigan Athletic beat Notts County 5 - 4 in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.

Welbeck was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Damião and De Vito were also amongst the goalscorers.

Nice win for us. :)

A good looking Birmingham side are available in this setup if anyone wants in, also a decent Newcastle.

Edit: Actually there's a good looking Hartlepool available too.

Rhys Evans (Arfon Forum) has decided to resign from Bury after 30 games in charge.

Really enjoyed managing these but....

Rhys Evans (Arfon Forum) has become the new Manchester United manager.

Only 30 games in charge at Bury but the opportunity to manage Man Utd was too much, I've left Bury in a very good state so good luck to whoever gets them.