English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Since when are we allowed to buy from unmanaged?

Your allowed, but it really isn't good for the set up. The chances of the set up becoming more active is only going to get slimmer because of it, and if it does become common practise to do it then the set up is as good as dead.

Your allowed' date=' but it really isn't good for the set up. The chances of the set up becoming more active is only going to get slimmer because of it, and if it does become common practise to do it then the set up is as good as dead.[/quote']

Exactly what I thought, I'm still not going to though. Unless i'm desperate.

West Ham is happy to let any of the 90 plus rated players leave inc the Hulk,Marcelo(93)yaya (93) all can leave.

I need a decent centre back and forward/s ,prefer british based.Had a few offer but the offers were either very poor ie c.v value or only one of the two players l need.

Please help me move on some players,which will also help stimulate the internal market.

Ill be able to contribute a bit more' date=' not full division previews like yours dale, but maybe match of the round for div 1 every week review/preview[/quote']

Ah brilliant. :) Yeah, I don't expect many to do full division previews, they do take quite a while but yeah match of the round sounds quite a good idea. I'm gonna try and get a post out every day/every other day depending on how much time I have and if there is any news to post really.

Is there anyone that is good at doing banners for the match report thread? One which is similar to my Exeter one in the match report thread, as I was hoping that if anyone has the good software to make one, could they make a banner saying "English Championship 5579 Previews" and in the background have the logos of the 4 english divisions, if anyone could do that it would be great thanks.

Sadly don't think I can work a miracle on Tottenham. The damage had been done before I came with 16 defeats in the first 28 games..

One of the few sides with very few managers only 4 during the GW History so I certainly won't quit them if they go down.

That said the SMFA shield is a possibility + if we maintain the current win ratio a quick return to Div1 is certain.

Good luck all

Sadly don't think I can work a miracle on Tottenham. The damage had been done before I came with 16 defeats in the first 28 games..

One of the few sides with very few managers only 4 during the GW History so I certainly won't quit them if they go down.

That said the SMFA shield is a possibility + if we maintain the current win ratio a quick return to Div1 is certain.

Good luck all

Good luck Sir!!!

Been away for a week,

but beat Queens Park Rangers 3-1 on Wednesday and Southend 1-0 tonight, nice to be back on track, relegation seems a long way away now to what it was 7 days ago. Play offs could still be possible with 3 games remaining.

Lets go.

Gutted with Caulkers move to Cardiff though.....

Jamezz Chettz steered Crewe Alexandra to victory against Shorpe United.

Crewe Alexandra outclassed Shorpe United and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.

Verratti scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Muntari was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Delighted, a few more wins and i'm secure in play offs.

Sheffield United 3:0 Exeter

Not surprised with the result last night, I wrote in my previews list that I thought we would sneak a draw but it would most likely be a loss and it was. I didn't think we would lose 3:0 though, either way it is still a loss. With 3 games to go I'm now 4 points off the play-offs, for any chance of achieving play-offs I think 9 points is needed. We have been poor away from home since I joined, lost 3 out of 4 games away from home which has been disappointing, the other was an away win.

Next up I have Crystal Palace at home, huge game as they're 5th and a victory would change it up again in the race for a play-off place, a victory is needed for me, if I lose then I'll have to hope for a top10 position.

I have advertised in game a few times but I'm baffled by the response so here goes...

I'M SELLING STEVEN GERRARD FOR CASH!!!!! :eek:

I just reply to your news feed. I would have bid if i can raise money . Well done on Marquinhos signing. That'll be another player i'll bid if i have money

Preston win the Division Two title with a 2-1 victory over unmanaged Crystal Palace. Dante and Gaitan with the goals.

It is with regret that I announce that I'll be leaving the setup at the end of the season. Despite the squad being one of the best I have used, I've failed to engage with the setup, only ever making one signing in two seasons and for the majority of this season I had not been setting tactics, so in truth its the computer that won the title not me.

It wouldn't be fair for me to buy or sell any players knowing that I'm quitting in two weeks time, so for the moment, no players will join or leave. I'm currently £5m in the red, so I'll see what prize money I get for winning the league, and if still in the red I will sell some lesser rated players to external to get the club back into the black for the new manager.

The offer for Bo-Kyung KIM of Leicester City from West Ham United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

1.250 m and bruma outgoing for the Cardiff korean player.

Plenty of deals to do,unless no one want 94 left back or 90 plus rated dm's:eek:

Welcome to the new Palace manager.

After taking over Arsenal in 9th place with 15 matches to play my lack of any real management due to work commitments has seen the side clime to 2nd a point off the top of division 1!

Here's how some of my arrivals have done:

Zlatan Imbrahimovic - In his 10 appearances Zlatan has scored 6 goals with 2 assists and 2 MOTM awards he is averaging 8.0 rating a game. His arrival has proved to be a successful one and we hope he can fire us to the top of the division.

Jeferson Farfan - 9 appearances , 2 goals and 2 assists has meant his addition to the side has been a good one. Although he has not set the world on fire Farfans performances have proven worthy of the fee.

Daniel Alves A less than explosive start for Alves with only a 7.44 average rating from his opening 9 appearances.

The offer for Steven GERRARD of Manchester United from Swansea City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Beat Everton to him by £1,000 after he disclosed his £14 million bid. He joins Johnny Evans, Roberto Soldado, Christian Fuchs and Mario Suarez in recentley joining the club to give me a new look squad for next season. I've let go of a lot of younger players, and once I get an external bid for everyone on my transfer list I'll be down to a 34 man squad next season. I think I've got a team that can compete for honours.

Gerrard is a legend and still has at least two years left in his career, so I'll be hoping that his performances alone will be worth the £14,001,000 transfer fee like with Ryan Giggs.

I've also agreed to sign Gylfi Sigurdsson for £2 million and Joe Allen. Allen's been with me from the very start, but his concerns are growing and will only grow as he's no longer a regular in my team.

I've sold Ruano Alexis in order to get Gerrard, and as I'm over loaded in midfield and light in defence I'm going to try a switch to a 3-6-1 for the rest of the season. So here's my new look team for next season as it stands

Handanovic (91)

Rafael (90) - Evans (90) - Fuchs (89)

Ruiz (89) - McCarthy (88) - Suares (89) - Giggs (91)

Dembele (90) - Gerrard (92)

Soldado (91)

Beat Everton to him by £1' date='000 after he disclosed his £14 million bid. He joins Johnny Evans, Roberto Soldado, Christian Fuchs and Mario Suarez in recentley joining the club to give me a new look squad for next season. I've let go of a lot of younger players, and once I get an external bid for everyone on my transfer list I'll be down to a 34 man squad next season. I think I've got a team that can compete for honours.

Gerrard is a legend and still has at least two years left in his career, so I'll be hoping that his performances alone will be worth the £14,001,000 transfer fee like with Ryan Giggs.

I've also agreed to sign Gylfi Sigurdsson for £2 million and Joe Allen. Allen's been with me from the very start, but his concerns are growing and will only grow as he's no longer a regular in my team.

I've sold Ruano Alexis in order to get Gerrard, and as I'm over loaded in midfield and light in defence I'm going to try a switch to a 3-6-1 for the rest of the season. So here's my new look team for next season as it stands

[center']Handanovic (91)

Soldado (91)[/center]

Well done mate-show how a team can be built over time into somethink you can be proud of.

Beat Everton to him by £1' date='000 after he disclosed his £14 million bid. He joins Johnny Evans, Roberto Soldado, Christian Fuchs and Mario Suarez in recentley joining the club to give me a new look squad for next season. I've let go of a lot of younger players, and once I get an external bid for everyone on my transfer list I'll be down to a 34 man squad next season. I think I've got a team that can compete for honours.

[center']Handanovic (91)

Soldado (91)[/center]

WHOA talk about playing offense with that line up B)

[center']Handanovic (91)

Soldado (91)[/center]

Whoa, dramatic change of plan. I may still sign Gerrard, although I would understand if Arfon sold him to Everton as £1k difference in price isn't worth the £100k's in wages it will take me to raise the cash.

As Manchester United sold Gerrard too late, they had insignificant funds to sign Erik Lamela meaning I managed to get Erik Lamela for just £15.6 million, an absolute steal.

Érik LAMELA has completed his move to Swansea City from Sunderland for £15,669,000. All other offers were turned down.

He becomes my record buy, but I know I'd be able to double my money on him easily when his transfer ban runs out if I wanted to. I'm going to keep hold of him though as he's only going to rise and is a potential replacement for Gareth Bale at Spurs.