English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Is this GW still active?

Was thinking of taking a job here and maybe having a bit of fun :)

Hi Dom in my opinion this is the 5th best forum-based EC out there after the big guns of 7046, 7777, 106 and 28697 so definitely worth a whirl :D

Swindon aren't free I'm afraid, although I hear that they are in good hands! :P;)

A 3-0 victory away at Hull mean Man Utd survive and will be up the other end of the league next season (one hopes) the unhappy Javier Hernnadez bags a brace and the outstanding Pirlo with the other.

Currently in a dilemma as Lewandowski is sat on my bench.... Hernandez picked up a level 3 concern not too long ago and I don't want to let him go so I'm guessing I'll have to alternate between the two or I could sell one of them.......

Hi Dom in my opinion this is the 5th best forum-based EC out there after the big guns of 7046' date=' 7777, 106 and [b']2933[/b] so definitely worth a whirl :D

Swindon aren't free I'm afraid, although I hear that they are in good hands! :P;)

Fixed it for you

Fixed it for you

I think you forgot the winking smilie to show that you're kidding ;)

2933 has 25/80 managers so is not even 32% full.

There have been just 2 pages of forum posts since 23/07/13.

28697 has 116/116 managers' date=' shows no signs of a drop in interest (albeit it's relatively new), and there's probably been 15+ pages of forum posts since 23/07/13 (not to mention match report thread +spin-offs).

Last I looked EC1, 4662, 26335, 28308 and heck even 8888 were all ahead of 2933 when you consider % managed and forum activity.

Speaking as someone who enjoyed a couple of spells in 2933 it'd struggle to crack the top ten these days from a neutral perspective :o

Anyway to keep this post 5579-related Swindon are pleased to announce:

The offer for Nikola MAKSIMOVIĆ of Crvena Zvezda from Swindon Town has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.
The offer for Jesús CORONA of Bordeaux from Swindon Town has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Another couple of quality additions that will help with our promotion-push next season :D

Guess I will take on a club ' date=' Is there any offers in the top 2 tiers before I take on a club? :)[/quote']

Think Portsmouth are on offer mate good side there but only went out on offer yesterday!

Vieira MARCELO has moved to Arsenal (Patrice Evra) from West Ham United (avram Grant) on a deal believed to be around £19,000,000 plus Stefan KIESSLING and Gaël CLICHY.

Pleased to sign the Brazilian! Now looking for a world class winger 94+ and a world class center half of similar rating will consider 93's.

Also looking to shift De Gea willing to use him and another 88-90 player in order to aquire one of the above!

Think Portsmouth are on offer mate good side there but only went out on offer yesterday!

Pleased to sign the Brazilian! Now looking for a world class winger 94+ and a world class center half of similar rating will consider 93's.

Also looking to shift De Gea willing to use him and another 88-90 player in order to aquire one of the above!

I will have a look at whats there now :)

Back to back wins guarantee me a place in Europe next season.

Ryan Giggs came back from injury to score twice in a 3-1 home win against Man. City, Moussa Dembele scoring the other goal. Giggs is now on 99 league goals for me in 258 games.

King Erik scored his first goal for the Swans in a 1-0 away win at Shrewsbury yesterday.

The final day will be worth some money as I can still finish anywhere between 6th and 10th, will be looking for a win to try and eclipse my previous highest ever league finish of 10th.

Am I the manager of the dirtiest side in the setup? 9 red cards this season....

Any advances on 9?

I think I've had just the one red card this season' date=' and 9 for the season would take some beating.

(spends 45 minutes doing a decent report on the Match Report thread and then Google Chrome decides to close down on me)

:mad::mad::mad:

I remember that feeling.

I think I've had just the one red card this season' date=' and 9 for the season would take some beating.[/quote']

article-1310470-0AD7DB9F000005DC-130_306x423.jpg

Chedjou had 4 alone last season for me, and has had 9 in his entire Peterborough career. Although this season he has managed to go without one, might even sit him out of the final game just so it remains that way.

Maartens has also had 9 reds in his Peterborough career.

De Ceglie' date=' Miranda, Gaspar, Kehl, Lisandro, John, Doumbia, Osvaldo, Ideye and Markovic all available for transfer at Portsmouth. P/E deals, will consider cash bids. Contact me if you are interested.[/quote']

Good luck with my old team, bro! :)

article-1310470-0AD7DB9F000005DC-130_306x423.jpg

Chedjou had 4 alone last season for me' date=' and has had 9 in his entire Peterborough career. Although this season he has managed to go without one, might even sit him out of the final game just so it remains that way.

Maartens has also had 9 reds in his Peterborough career.[/quote']

Didn't realise you were such a thuggish team, even Shane Long's getting sent off for you.

Wonder what the league table may have looked like if you'd have kept your discipline.

Still you've done very well to keep Peterborough up in Division 2 on the budget you've got for 9 successive seasons.

Didn't realise you were such a thuggish team' date=' even Shane Long's getting sent off for you.

Wonder what the league table may have looked like if you'd have kept your discipline.

Still you've done very well to keep Peterborough up in Division 2 on the budget you've got for 9 successive seasons.[/quote']

I think its the thuggish tough tackling, thall shall not pass mentality that has kept us up for 9 seasons, especially this season which has been a tough one. I'm surprised Wanyama hasn't had more though.

Next season is my year........ :P

Two more signings for new look Swansea, in come Miranda and Osvaldo.

I narrowly missed out Osvaldo when he was at external to Portsmouth, but I've managed to bring him to Swansea at the second time of asking.

They join from Portsmouth in exchange for Joe Allen, James McCarthy, Neil Taylor and Chris Wood. All four players had plenty of potential, but I've had them for a while and I feel now is the time to cash in on them.

Allen was my only remaining player that I started off with, he was starting to get concerned with a lack of game time and after 128 appearances it was time for him to go. McCarthy joined me in Season 3 and made 83 appearances and similarly was getting concerned about a lack of game time that was only going to get worse. Taylor joined me for £20k in Season 1 and made just 18 appearances for me, with Ben Davies I don't think there's much of a need for him any more. Chris Wood.

None of the players I let go were going to get in my team regularly, but I've brought in two players who will improve my first team and give me a chance of winning honours which is what I want to do.

That's now Lamela, Miranda, Osvaldo, Evans, Soldado, Suarez and Fuchs to join in the last month.

The 3-6-1 was working well, but I'm going to have to do another reshuffle to fit all my quality in.

Well done Aidan. That shows you how much promotion mean when you can build that team when i struggle to get money so i have to sell my high rated player for cash now and try rebuilding with smaller rated player

It's the European money that I got last season that's really got me going, and I've guaranteed European football for next season. I've funded a lot of it by selling the players I don't need and cutting down on my squad size which was needed.

Noticed you sold Rakitic and Reyes, would have been interested in both if I'd had the cash as they both went very cheap and the same goes with Nocerino but I can't realistically afford them after the signings I've made. It's the right thing to do though, you need to run your club sustainably at this stage of the set up and it's not all about squad value or player ratings if you get your tactics right.

Thank you Geoffrey. I hope I can win some honors with this side. As for Osvaldo and Miranda, they were not in my plans so allowed them to leave for Swansea in exchange for 4 good young prospects. I always favor bringing in young British and Irish players/British based players.

Chances are Allen and McCarthy will get game time as I am selling Kehl, Beckham is retiring and that leaves just Fellaini, Mikel and new signing Tiote in CM. Gustavo will be used as a CB, as I only have Silva and Vertonghen there (and I am bringing in Nesta as a fourth option).

Neil Taylor will replace the outgoing Kolarov and Wood will be back up to Tevez and Vucinic.

Thank you Geoffrey. I hope I can win some honors with this side. As for Osvaldo and Miranda' date=' they were not in my plans so allowed them to leave for Swansea in exchange for 4 good young prospects. I always favor bringing in young British and Irish players/British based players.

Chances are Allen and McCarthy will get game time as I am selling Kehl, Beckham is retiring and that leaves just Fellaini, Mikel and new signing Tiote in CM. Gustavo will be used as a CB, as I only have Silva and Vertonghen there (and I am bringing in Nesta as a fourth option).

Neil Taylor will replace the outgoing Kolarov and Wood will be back up to Tevez and Vucinic.[/quote']

I know you are in favour of British player,but why you bought Spearing for cash+Bruno Fernandes who are supposedly good talent :P ?

Im not trying to tell anybody how to manage their teams so stop trying to tell me how to manage mine. Gozzy, you finished bottom half of Div 3. koplfc, mid table Div 2. Dont think you have the right to tell people how to manage. So shut up you planks.

Im not trying to tell anybody how to manage their teams so stop trying to tell me how to manage mine. Gozzy' date=' you finished bottom half of Div 3. koplfc, mid table Div 2. Dont think you have the right to tell people how to manage. So shut up you planks.[/quote']

Unfortunately you are right. I just hope you withdraw bid for Spearing so i can use Rakitic money for him but it seems my tactic failed