English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

took on Yeovil 3 weeks ago and with wages eating up the little money I had, I made the decision to sell all but 2 of the first team, luckily there wasn't many worth keeping.

I have experimented a little by selling off the top rated players first, I knew the lower rated players would increase in value but I didn't know by how much.

it worked better than I had hoped, the last player now sold was a 25 year old 85 rated player, I think he was valued at 3.7m when I took over and when I put him on the list the other day ,his value was 6.7m? and I got 7.4m so by patient and not selling everyone at once, I think I made an extra 8-9m.

now I am experimenting with the players I am buying, i'm only buying players whose value will increase once I have signed them so even if they don't rise, I can make a profit in ten weeks time, with just a few exceptions.

i'll still have an 87 average starting eleven so i cant be in any worse a position than when i took over.

took on Yeovil 3 weeks ago and with wages eating up the little money I had' date=' I made the decision to sell all but 2 of the first team, luckily there wasn't many worth keeping.

I have experimented a little by selling off the top rated players first, I knew the lower rated players would increase in value but I didn't know by how much.

it worked better than I had hoped, the last player now sold was a 25 year old 85 rated player, I think he was valued at 3.7m when I took over and when I put him on the list the other day ,his value was 6.7m? and I got 7.4m so by patient and not selling everyone at once, I think I made an extra 8-9m.

now I am experimenting with the players I am buying, i'm only buying players whose value will increase once I have signed them so even if they don't rise, I can make a profit in ten weeks time, with just a few exceptions.

i'll still have an 87 average starting eleven so i cant be in any worse a position than when i took over.[/quote']

A little patience goes a long way in SM and I've used the tactics you describe in other gameworlds to good effect :)

In 5579 I've tried something a bit different in that when I took over Swindon I decided I'd only buy lower-rated youths who were all rated maybe 80 and under at the time.

The patience was required as fielding a team with average rating 80ish meant we took some heavy beatings but last season we finished not far off the play-offs and the squad has developed so that when we do eventually reach D3 we should be strong enough to stay up and then kick-on from there.

The offer for Yao Kouassi GERVINHO of West Ham United from Swansea City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Think Aiden may have a better deal going forward ,if Gevinho does well at Roma,but i like a gamble and owe Aiden a good deal.I get Ruiz(fulham) and Chris solly(charlton prospect)in exchange.

The offer for Federico FAZIO of Leicester City from West Ham United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Been looking for a centre back for a while ,so fazio suit me nicely as not much out there avaible any better and he's still young.

A little patience goes a long way in SM and I've used the tactics you describe in other gameworlds to good effect :)

In 5579 I've tried something a bit different in that when I took over Swindon I decided I'd only buy lower-rated youths who were all rated maybe 80 and under at the time.

The patience was required as fielding a team with average rating 80ish meant we took some heavy beatings but last season we finished not far off the play-offs and the squad has developed so that when we do eventually reach D3 we should be strong enough to stay up and then kick-on from there.

so it's you that have quite a few of the youngsters that i wanted.

you look to have a lot of potential at Swindon.

the only problem with the lower rated risers is that you no longer know how long you have to wait until they rise, i'm going to wait another month before looking for those risers, once all the leagues are under way and you can get an idea as to whether they will be getting minutes this season.

The offer for Yao Kouassi GERVINHO of West Ham United from Swansea City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Think Aiden may have a better deal going forward ' date='if Gevinho does well at Roma,but i like a gamble and owe Aiden a good deal.I get Ruiz(fulham) and Chris solly(charlton prospect)in exchange.

The offer for Federico FAZIO of Leicester City from West Ham United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Been looking for a centre back for a while ,so fazio suit me nicely as not much out there avaible any better and he's still young.[/quote']

Thought id give you a break with Fazio. Hes a good player but i thought id take the cash and rekik whos a player i really like. Its not all bad but gotta do something woth the cash now

Thought id give you a break with Fazio. Hes a good player but i thought id take the cash and rekik whos a player i really like. Its not all bad but gotta do something woth the cash now

cheers mate,always like to sign Fazio when l can and not much about at the moment.

a few more coming in..

The offer for Scott DANN of Rangers from West Ham United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Bit of a risk but being linked with a move to the PL so thought l d take a gamble.

Couple of smaller deals.

Mitchell LANGERAK has completed his move to West Ham United from Borussia Dortmund for £1,650,000. All other offers were turned down.

.The offer for Joshua BRILLANTE of Newcastle Jets from West Ham United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Took Sheffield Wednesday a few days ago sorry I didnt come on the thread earlier :P

The squad isnt the best by any means but Gibbs , Ben arfa , Krul , Mannone , Valero , Chalobah and Piazon are not a bad bunch to have :D

Selling off a few players to raise cash , Wont buy till I sell a few as it just reduces values of the players im selling :)

Valero can go for cash or PE :)

Took Sheffield Wednesday a few days ago sorry I didnt come on the thread earlier :P

The squad isnt the best by any means but Gibbs ' date=' Ben arfa , Krul , Mannone , Valero , Chalobah and Piazon are not a bad bunch to have :D

Selling off a few players to raise cash , Wont buy till I sell a few as it just reduces values of the players im selling :)

Valero can go for cash or PE :)[/quote']

Welcome back from the Hammers:D

also a warm welcome to dazinho the new Ipswich manager.

avram Grant steered West Ham United to victory against Norwich City.

West Ham United outclassed Norwich City and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Kiessling scored both of the goals for West Ham United and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

The win means I also won the league,altought I ve only been manager for about six games I ve done my bit and hope for another promotion next season.

Very big signing on the way.he s undergoing a medical as we speak.

Hereford 0-1 Ipswich

Fortunate win with us scoring our only effort on target, I wouldn't be too happy if I were Hereford manager as a win would have promoted them.

Ipswich finish 4th and in the playoffs, I will play to win but I will feel guilty if we make it as I have done nothing for the season with only one match in charge. Would prefer it if one of the others were promoted instead in all honesty.

And will the Charlton manager stop bidding on all my targets :mad::D

Exeter City 2-1 Stoke

Good victory for us but unfortunately we weren't playing for anything so I decided to play some reserves/youngsters and it worked well. Luis Fabiano scored but also had a sending off before Boyd picked up a late winner. Finished 8th in the end in Division 2, my aim was to challenge for the play-offs but if I couldn't make it my secondary aim was to make the Top 10 which I did so I'm pleased with.

Will do a few reports on the match report thread in the coming days, that being an End Of Season Division 2 Review, Exeter End of Season Awards and a match report on tonights game

Good luck to those in the play-offs across the 4 leagues (wish I was involved in it :()

My final game in EC5579 ends in a 3-1 victory over Peterborough. Two goals for Danny, one for Benatia. Only got £15m in prize money so still £5.5m in debt. Would rather the new manager has no debt so will sell lower rated players to external until I'm back over the break-even line.

Guest drseanfitz

back in with WBA. there were better teams available but fancied the baggies.

everyone can go as I look to get a whole new squad.

but will need a great offer to part with isimat mirin

Re: Respuesta: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

wow' date=' the markovic, osvaldo and doumbia deals were hard to believe, but fellaini for susaeta, henderson and 3M?? :eek::eek::eek: i didnt see that coming

I guess i cant say anything either, im the derby county manager...[/quote']

Are you actually serious? I regret quitting Portsmouth now.

Re: Respuesta: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Are you actually serious? I regret quitting Portsmouth now.

I am the west Ham manager.I offered him two popular player for fellaini ,Inc jordan Henderson ,sueata and 3m as a starting bid he accepted.I did expect to pay more but he s done ok.fellaini may never go to man utd and Henderson and the Spanish international could go on and do well.all gambles.

Felliani will play week in and week out.m'villa or Witsel must leave.

Jojo shelvey is having a medical after a swap and some cash and troy deeney is also a hammer.really please l came back and took Northampton and now the hammer ,been transfers all the way.west ham will be my last 5579club.

Good luck to all promoted teams and good luck to the play off teams.