English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

avram Grant was unable to prevent a West Ham United defeat to Northampton Town.

West Ham United slumped to a 3 - 1 defeat to Northampton Town in their Friendly fixture.

Fer was on the scoresheet for his side.

Put out my B team against a full strenght cobblers team(who are unmanaged).

Hoping to get 5 today to do a report on the report thread called hammer hambition:eek::D

The revolution at Notts County continues with my ideal being to minimise my wage bill and the number of players at the club

A noticable number of departures

Luca ROSSETTINI has completed his move to Cagliari from Notts County for 4,426,800
Guglielmo STENDARDO has completed his move to Atalanta from Notts County for 3,509,000
Mikel BALENZIAGA has completed his move to Athletic Club from Notts County for 4,720,000
Devon SANDOVAL has completed his move to Real Salt Lake from Notts County for 288,600
Giuseppe BIAVA has completed his move to SS Lazio from Notts County for 5,795,300

So far 5 more departures from Notts County to help with my transfer kitty and to reduce my wage bill

Ander HERRERA has completed his move to Notts County (GLORY DAYS) from Sunderland (La Pulga 10) for 10,000,000

A quality signing to stamp out my intentions of the team, Herrera was a key part of our season, playing 31 games when he was here on loan from Sunderland but now we have sealed a permanent deal for him. He is another classy midfielder who can provide a large amount of creative flair to my side

Ipswich 2-2 Middlesbrough (Ipswich win 4-1 on pens)

Well, Ipswich were promoted after a hard fought match against a very unfortunate Middlesbrough side. They edged the game on stats and on the match commentary. As I've said already, I do feel bad winning promotion given the circumstances but will do my best to get this side as ready as it can be with the limited resources available until the TB are up on some of the computer signings! Can't believe the starting balance of this club was a shocking -£30.8m according to the financial reports :eek:

Congratulations to the other playoff winners.

Finding this game world rather frustrating in reagrds to transfers.....

Manchester United have made an offer to Liverpool to swap Franck RIBÉRY for Eden HAZARD

Now this isn't the best offer but Franck is a 95 and a Champions League winner and is still only 30 but....

The deal involving Manchester United and Eden HAZARD of Liverpool has been rejected. Liverpool do not want to sell the player

Ok fair enough Hazard has massive potential and will (maybe) one day reach Ribery' rating of 95 so I leave it there, then.....

Bolton Wanderers has made an undisclosed offer for Eden HAZARD of Liverpool.

So I wait for the reject....

Liverpool has made an undisclosed counter-offer to Bolton Wanderers regarding Eden HAZARD

Hmmmmm so.....

Manchester United have made an offer to Liverpool for Eden HAZARD of £8,000,000 plus Javier HERNÁNDEZ and Andrea PIRLO

Then...

The deal reported to be worth £0 plus Alexis SÁNCHEZ involving Eden HAZARD of Liverpool and Bolton Wanderers has been accepted. The transfer will be completed shortly.

Well need I say anymore?

Guest drseanfitz

brought in 7 players so far - including Goodwillie, Lisandro, Jansen and Eagles.

Met the required price for a few transfer listed players with no response yet, but hopefully will hear soon.

Still looking to clear the bulk of my squad. Cash or p/e, just above CV. everyone except isimat mirin, maxwell, Leali, Henry, Caballero & rollin can go

Friendly:

Ipswich Town 1-0 Exeter City

Played a few of my reserves/youth along with some of my first-team for this game but I was surprised we couldn't pick up a point from the game especially as on the 61st and 62nd minutes Ipswich had two players sent off in them two minutes but we did play well in the game and had a goal offside and that was from Tom Adeyemi (one of my youth midfielders). Looking forward to the new season and I'm hoping to make some transfers. :)

Guest drseanfitz

Met the required price for a few transfer listed players with no response yet' date=' but hopefully will hear soon.

[/quote']

Still not heard from any of the bids that I matched the listed price for.... bid on a few more this morning anyway - hopefully will hear from them

New season gentleman. Season 10! Cannot believe it will be 4 years at the season end since this all began.

Opening Fixtures

Torquay United [A]

Stoke City [A]

Tottenham Hotspurs [H]

Face Swansea and Everton in the opening rounds of the Cup and Shield respectively. Would love to go one step further than I did in season 3 and actually win a trophy this year but got two tough tests to overcome before I can even start dreaming again.

Transfers

Removed Bjelland off the market due to him starting the season at Twente. On the other hand, Sean Morrison can leave. If there is any interest in him... I'm also considering the future of highly rated midfielder Will Hughes. As well as Adrian Luna of Espanyol. I'm still 50/50 on Marc Albrighton, although a bid of £7m would probably just about see me sell the 22 year old. Seems like Stoke are interested in him if that could sway anyone into wanting him.

Only one incoming so far in the form of Armenian, Aras Özbiliz from Leicester City. Joining on a season long loan, yet to actually play a game (or at least a league game) in 5579, bound to get that opportunity here at Peterborough though. Think he could be a success, at least I hope so.

Any interest at all in Sean Morrison, Adrian Luna, Marc Albrighton or even Will Hughes, do let me know.

This season your Chairman expects you to avoid relegation

And there was me thinking I've now got a decent chance of competing to win some honours with this side and looking to improve on last seasons 7th place finish.

Got Metalist, Bilbao and Saint-Etienne in my group for Europe and Peterborough and Plymouth in the 1st rounds of the cup and shield.

Here's my squad for next season as it stands:

Samir Handanovic - 91 (V/C)

Joao Miranda - 90

Johnny Evans - 90

Rafael Da Silva - 90

Christian Fuchs - 89

Chico - 88

Jores Okore - 86

Adam Matthews - 86

Ben Davies - 84

Ryan Giggs - 91 ©

Moussa Dembele - 90

Mario Suarez - 89

Johnny De Guzman - 88

Jose Canas - 87

Ruben Garcia - 86

Roberto Soldado - 91

Erik Lamela - 90

Pablo Osvaldo - 90

Gervinho - 89

Arouna Kone - 88

Fabio Borini - 87

Andreas Cornelius - 85

Still looking to sell Kieran Trippier, Jake Cassidy and Harlee Dean for C/V if anyone's interested.

Transfer News

Jores Okore's joined Villa.

De Guzman has joined the Swans permanently, along with Jose Canas.

Roberto Soldado has joined Spurs, Erik Lamela's been heavily linked with Spurs as well.

Pablo Osvaldo has joined Southampton.

Andreas Cornelius has joined Cardiff, poor guy.

Gervinho's joined Roma.

after letting yohan mollo move to west bromwich, now is the time for some new lads to come in. so many linked, but afew will make it.

good luck to all managers, it's time to take on my first full season here. watch out for stoke city

after letting yohan mollo move to west bromwich' date=' now is the time for some new lads to come in. so many linked, but afew will make it.

good luck to all managers, it's time to take on my first full season here. watch out for stoke city

[/center']

hope you have a succesful first season and a late welcome from West Ham.

Angel Rangel has left for West Brom for 2.25m + Alberto Lora, pleased with the deal as it gives me that extra bit of funds to complete other deals as we are poor at the moment + Lora who is the same rating and can do the same job as Rangel. I do run the risk of Lora with him in the Segunda Division staying at 87 but I think he'll be fine at the moment and at the end of his transfer ban his chairman value is 2.5m higher than Rangel's was at the time so a bit of profit there.