English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

The offer for Free Agent Saido BERAHINO from Exeter City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Saido scoerd a hat-trick the other day for West Brom in the game in the Capital One Cup and with Anelka on compassionate leave at the moment, Saido could in the future make some appearances for the first team (most likely from coming off the bench) and I'm hoping he'll rise this season

The offer for Free Agent Peter CROUCH from Exeter City has been accepted along with offers from other clubs. Peter CROUCH will now decide which club he wants to join. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

He's a solid 88 that will join for around £5.3m, luckily my bid is greater than Crewe Alexandra's, when Crouch arrives his chairman value will be higher than what I have paid for him so if I decide to sell him (depending on appearances in the league) I'll make some profit from him

2 good signings here which will between them just cost me around £6m which is a good price for an upcoming youngster and an 88. They will team up with Luis Fabiano and Danny Graham, meaning that Andy Johnson is still here and I'm expecting to let go of him as soon as possible to decrease wages.

Saido scoerd a hat-trick the other day for West Brom in the game in the Capital One Cup and with Anelka on compassionate leave at the moment' date=' Saido could in the future make some appearances for the first team (most likely from coming off the bench) and I'm hoping he'll rise this season

He's a solid 88 that will join for around £5.3m, luckily my bid is greater than Crewe Alexandra's, when Crouch arrives his chairman value will be higher than what I have paid for him so if I decide to sell him (depending on appearances in the league) I'll make some profit from him

2 good signings here which will between them just cost me around £6m which is a good price for an upcoming youngster and an 88. They will team up with Luis Fabiano and Danny Graham, meaning that Andy Johnson is still here and I'm expecting to let go of him as soon as possible to decrease wages.[/quote']

Let you have him there..:P

Nah, my internet was down the whole day..:rolleyes:

6 new faces in at Peterborough.

Said at the end of last season the aim was to get my wage bill down.....doesn't seem I have done that. Although what I do seem to of done is shipped out a lot of young players, that had kinda stalled in there developments for the time being and brought in some reasonably decent, safe players, as well as one or two possible risers who could turn into good squad players in 12 months time. Now, they are,

Sacha Kljestan. I like his tache. Okay?

Kljestan.jpg.h600.jpg

Nabil Dirar, highly rated when he moved to Monaco and played regularly for them on their way back to Ligue 1. Ruptured his cruciate ligaments back in May but the Ligue 1 experts seem to believe that he will be more than safe, and a regular when he returns. So at £4.5m, why not?

Quincy Promes, started all 4 of Twente's games so far this season. While I didn't sign Marsman, I have signed Promes. 2 goals so far, if he can score half as many as he did at Go Ahead Eagles and play most of the season he could be a 85 before I know it.

Bradley Johnson, yes, the Norwich midfielder. Why not? Free agent, £3.2m, provides good cover and no reason with a good season why he can't get a rise to 87. Slight re-sell value if things go wrong.

And finally, Hajime Hosagai, versatile, solid, moved from Leverkusen to Hertha Berlin. No reason why he can't rise to 88 come the end of the season if they keep picking up results like they are. Oh and he's Japanese, giving Yoshida some company. I like him.

pity Dom didn't leave a talented squad at Wednesday :rolleyes:

That wasnt my fault :P

I signed Marcelo the LB , Luna , Brayford , Mamemev , Lamah , Carayol (good riser) , Saber and they are all decent players and in fact wished I never signed them for Wednesday but wonderful thing hindsight :P

I kept there best players and the rubbish was signed after I left :P

The loan offer for Jeffrey BRUMA of Blackburn Rovers from Exeter City has been accepted. The loan deal has been completed.

Bruma has joined Exeter on loan, he should team up at the back with Alcaraz and they could possibly make a good pairing at the back.

Sold Kieran Trippier and Jake Cassidy, so do have a lot of cash to work with at the start of Season 10 but not going to rush in to spending that straight away.

Erik Lamela's officially got his move to Spurs making his £15.6 million signing even more impressive,

Mario Suarez gets a rise to 90, meaning I now have 10 90+ rated players in my side and an average starting line up rating of 90.

Start the season off at home to Villa, difficult game.

Aim at the end of last season - Reduce wage bill significantly from £778' date='875.

Managed to do so during the close season,

Now its....

£780,525

Talk about defeating the objective. :D[/quote']

My wage bills lower than yours then, managed to reduce it to £778,875.

It's got so much harder to deal with the wages when your chairman's handing out raises left, right and centre when players rise irrespective of the financial state of the club without your consent.

It's got so much harder to deal with the wages when your chairman's handing out raises left' date=' right and centre when players rise irrespective of the financial state of the club without your consent.[/quote']

Yeah this is really annoying. Even players who don't warrant a pay rise are getting them, its taking the fun out of the game. If they have a year left on there contract, and have risen +4 since they last had a contract, lets say they are rated 87 and on 15k still, a rise to 25k isn't unfair. But if they have 4 seasons left on their contract, are on 20k and haven't risen from 87, why do they warrant a pay increase?

I could make my wage bill even bigger if i decide to spend what I have in my bank account at the moment, I really need to push on for promotion this season, otherwise I could find myself in a real financial mess.

But then I could also sell Marco Estrada and get my wage bill down again.

What I don't like is having money I can spend, but being held back in fear of knowing it'll put me in a worse financial footing in 15 turns time when I have payed 28k p/week to a player. The thought of losing 8m in a few weeks on wages though, which could of been spent on a player is horrible, but then so is being in the red. What to do?

Notts County 1-2 Exeter City

Great start to the season as Peter Crouch on his debut picks up his first goal of the season along with one of my other signings towards the end of last season Oussama Assaidi, very pleased overall with the team performance as statistically we played quite well aswell. Unfortunately, Didac was forced off on his debut which is very annoying, spent quite a lot on him and he will be out for 11 weeks.

Good start for Bury with today's match being my competitive debut. We were victorious over Oldham by a score of 2-1. Bury opened up the match with 2 quick goals, the first from Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, and the second 2 minutes later from Georginio Wijnaldum. Oldham struck back with a goal in the 54th minute but their Center Back was sent off 2 minutes later and Bury held on for 3 points.

Bury will visit Derby County in their mid-week fixture as they try to pick up another 3 points. These 2 teams played a friendly match earlier in the week which finished at a 2-2 draw.