English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

avram Grant steered West Ham United to victory against Doncaster Rovers.

West Ham United outclassed Doncaster Rovers and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Montolivo scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Silva and Ruiz were also amongst the goalscorers.

Not a bad result considering l was down to 10 men after 27 mins with Hulk being sent off:p

Ipswich 2-1 Sheff Utd

Pleased with that. It's my first season and we got promotion into a tougher league with little money to improve the overall quality of the squad so to start off with a win is encouraging.

Fuego and Bergessio gave us a 2-0 lead by half time but Iraola made it nervous for us early in the second half but we held on to get the win.

drew at palace.

Abel Hernandez jois form palermo. paid 10m and noone else even bid lol so surprised' date=' shold have went for the bargan[/quote']

I was considering to make a bid for him but we are financially poor at the moment. :-( Good signing for 10m.

shyne omara'lan steered Stoke City to victory against Hartlepool United.

Stoke City outclassed Hartlepool United and beat them 4 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Fofana scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Tabanou and Balotelli were also amongst the goalscorers.

fofana at 7m?? wow this is impressing, come peterborough, gonna give you a match

Mark Preston steered Doncaster Rovers to victory against Exeter City.

Doncaster Rovers beat Exeter City 3 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Flamini scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Seleznyov and Izaguirre were also amongst the goalscorers.

First game in charge since my return to 5579! Nice start.

Bury Update:

Bury 3 : 1 Derby County

2 goals from Wijnaldum who has excelled playing on on the left side so far this season! Plus 2 assists from Huntelaar. Unfortunately I lost my CB Marcelo for a few days with a bruised shin and he will miss out on our visit to Wigan this weekend. So far 6 points out of 6, great start for Bury!

Bury Update:

Bury 3 : 1 Derby County

2 goals from Wijnaldum who has excelled playing on on the left side so far this season! Plus 2 assists from Huntelaar. Unfortunately I lost my CB Marcelo for a few days with a bruised shin and he will miss out on our visit to Wigan this weekend. So far 6 points out of 6' date=' great start for Bury![/quote']

Good luck with them mate, I foolishly left them to take the reigns at Man Utd, keeping on top of the wage bill was tough but I built a nice squad and was happy (why on earth did I leave :rolleyes: )

Anyway at Reading now and picked up my first victory in my first game, the team lack width and an actual top draw centre forward so I'm happy to sell part exchange to strengthen my team, I've got some good players if anyone wants to deal?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsjiN0kEq7EKEhPuAqiwDpGJuHZ86peYMkyEuH1aWgFaFihS1s1oWyxQ

Sheffield United beat Nottingham Forest 3 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.
Osman scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Olsson and Palacio were also amongst the goalscorers.

First win of the seaon puts us in 8th spot on the table.

Marco Estrada and Niko Kranjcar set for the Peterborough exit, as Lerim Duarte comes in. Saving 40.5k a week on wages. All of which have made moves away during the Summer;

Kranjcar > QPR

Estrada > Al Wahda

Lerim Duarte > Ajax

Made a £2.7m profit on Kranjcar after only half a season.

Nathan Redmond also got a +2 to 85, not a bad rise, expect him to get another come the end of the season. Granted he doesn't get injured.

I have so much money right now. I expect its all going to go on wages.

Saido Berahino 78>80

Signed him the other week after he scored a hat-trick against Newport County for just 850k after I saw that he was a free-agent and fortunately his value has increased to £1.9m so if I do decide to sell him in the future I should make some profit.

Exeter City 0-3 Doncaster

Fairly disappointed with the defeat last night, the team did play quite well last night (statistically) but overall as a performance the team struggled to put away the goals, I'm unsure whether that is because I took out Peter Crouch for Luis Fabiano but I'll make that decision after the next game and see if Fabiano being unable to score (unlike Peter Crouch on the first game) was a fluke or not. QPR at home and I hope to pick up a first home win of the season. We've picked up 3 points out of 6 and we are 14th in Division 2, hopefully a win on Saturday can help us move higher up the table.