• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swanseajack

• Matty_avfc

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Can you help poor Kieran? Kieran Westwood - Goalkeeper - Aged 26 - Rated 85 This is Keiran, he likes sunny days, cold milk and fresh cookies.

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Building on Ed's work and in contrast to SJ's predictions ('cos I agree with you Ed' date=' many do seem to be writing off the new boys, with no rea

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread hang on fellas........... First.... Then.... A quick.... Remember to... Then grab some.... And a.... Into position...... ......

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Nicholas Fursse steered Ipswich Town to victory against Hartlepool United.

Ipswich Town beat Hartlepool United 3 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Fuego scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Ebecilio and Bergessio were also amongst the goalscorers.

A great start to my job at Ipswich against fellow strugglers Hartlepool. Prior to this the tractor boys had only managed one draw in the last 6 games. Of course, one match doesn't make a season, but maybe this could be the turning point in our fortunes.

I made a few changes to the team prior to the match. Javier Fuego was reinstated as club captain and responded by producing a MOTM winning performance. Bergessio kept his place up front despite not being match fit due to a lack of options and was supported by one of our youth players on his debut, 17 year old Timo Werner, who also put in a great performance.

Biggest decision though was dropping Machado and replacing him with another youth on his debut, Kyle Ebicilio. However, the 76 rated midfielder must have been close to getting MOTM himself as he was pretty much involved in everything including getting our 3rd goal, which put the result beyond doubt at a time when Hartlepool were threatening to equalise.

On the transfer front we have already made some changes. A couple of low rated loanees were returned to their parent clubs (sorry guys but Ipswich don't have the resources to subsidise your wage bill;)). Also brought in a couple of strikers to help support the weary Bergessio,,, Marco Streller & Dame N'Doye.

Marco and I are no strangers as he has played for me before in a different GW. At 32 he is a bit long in the tooth but is still a prolific scorer for FC Basel. Chelsea fans will recall the footballing lesson he gave their over-paid starlets at Stamford Bridge in the CL earlier this season.

In defense we have signed Russian international, Alexsey Kozlov and his fellow countryman, Sergey Pesyakov, has joined us and is likely to be my first choice goalkeeper.

Next up is a tough away match at Derby County....

Some team news from Ipswich Town...

We are pleased to welcome the arrival of 2 French players to our squad.

Midfield maestro, Didier Digard, joins us from OGC Nice. Also 19 year old defender Benjamin Mendy decided to sign for us despite receiving an attractive offer from Stoke City (must have been a very close call).

I don't expect to have to make too many changes to the team facing Derby tomorrow. Marcus Rojo picked up a slight knock against Hartlepool last weekend and won't be fit in time so Mendy will go straight into the starting line-up.

Top scorer Bergessio will need to be rested and Marco Streller will take his place up front. Werner is expected to make another start meaning that N'Doye will be on the bench.

We are expecting a tough time at Pride Park.

Some team news from Ipswich Town...

We are expecting a tough time at Pride Park.

Ipswich Town were hammered by Derby County 5 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Practically out-rated in every area of the pitch we found ourselves 3-0 down even before the break. Made a change at half time but it was too late to make any difference.

Despite what the scoreline suggests Derby didn't have it all their own way. Even though we were outgunned I was pleased with the way my team managed to almost match them in possession & shots on goal. Unfortunately for us however, the match engine decided that wasn't enough for even a consolation goal.

We now have to put that behind us and focus on our next match at home to Oldham. There will definitely be a shake up in team selection and tactics.

I really don't understand why people do this.:confused: You could easily get a 87+ forward for that kind of cash and it's not like Gary Hooper is a future star either.:rolleyes:

That's at least the 2nd time SJ has managed to rip someone off' date='*cough* Kone *cough*. I need to learn where he gets his powers of persuasion from.:D[/quote']

Well well well... ;):D

Peterborough go back to the top of Division 2 with a 2-0 win over Bury at London Road. Shane Long and Aras Özbiliz were on the score sheet for the Posh before Aurélian Chedjou reduced the boys in Blue down to 10 after picking up his 10th red card in his Peterborough career with 2 minutes to play.

1-0 Win over Fulham, Keeps Cam Lucas' first full season in CHarge of brum in full steam. Makes us equal 3rd (behind on GD) and with 1st and 2nd to play this week, we can really make a push for the top.

Unfortunately Sunderland and Liverpool, and the chasing Blackburn (5th) are alot more start studded than little ol' Birmingham and 3rd placed Southend.

Viva La Underdogs!!!

Beat Portsmouth at home, Osvaldo with the only goal but it hasn't eased much relegation fears as Shrewsbury also won.

I've managed to get a very good side together for this season, but Europe aside it looks like it's going to be a disappointing one, already well out of contention for any league success with the aim now just to try and stay up as well as being out of the Cup.

Guest drseanfitz

The Chairman of Chelsea has made you a job offer to take control of the club. If you accept this job offer then you will leave West Bromwich Albion immediately. This job offer will only be available for 5 days after it was first offered.

tough decision ahead

Osvaldo again with the only goal of the game' date=' this time in a 1-1 draw with Bolton with it now being very tight at the bottom of Division 1.

[b']Freshening up the midfield a bit though, with Miralem Pjanic joining for £6 million and Mario Suarez from Chelsea.[/b]

Had to cancel, thought about it and decided I needed a CDM and Striker.

peter gerrard(gozgoz8) steered Charlton Athletic to victory against Newcastle United.

Charlton Athletic outclassed Newcastle United and beat them 5 - 1 in a thrilling Division 3 encounter.

Jallet scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Cardozo and Gouffran were also amongst the goalscorers.

Convincing win for Charlton today. We also managed to buy Natkho and Bargfrede recently to help increase average rating