English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Ipswich Town have lost to Exeter City 4 - 3 in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.

Ipswich Town continue to struggle to adapt to life in Division 2.

Since my last post we have brought Papa Gueye (88) & Didier Zokora (88) in to bolster the defence, which has made some impact as we pulled off 2 spectacular comebacks against Oldham & Wigan.

The match against Exeter was very close too. Despite losing an early goal we managed to take the lead twice before succumbing to 2 late goals in the last 15 minutes.

Despite the defeat I am quite pleased at the spirited performance my players displayed. We are one of the weakest teams in the division and there is no more money as the previous manager clocked up enough debt to buy a small third world country.

The financial situation is now back on track and, with half the season gone, we remain above the relegation zone. The objective for the remainder of the season is finish it the same way.

• Replies 38.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swanseajack

• Matty_avfc

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Can you help poor Kieran? Kieran Westwood - Goalkeeper - Aged 26 - Rated 85 This is Keiran, he likes sunny days, cold milk and fresh cookies.

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Building on Ed's work and in contrast to SJ's predictions ('cos I agree with you Ed' date=' many do seem to be writing off the new boys, with no rea

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread hang on fellas........... First.... Then.... A quick.... Remember to... Then grab some.... And a.... Into position...... ......

Iam still active but not onlinevas much but still hear and glad to see my hammers too of divion two, long way to go though.not looking to sell anyone at the moment unless a 90 plus attacking midfield player becomes avaible.could offer a 90 plus fw in exchance.

Got a few 85 plus players for loan if anyone want anyone .

YEOVIL has finally finished their latest round of transfers, the experiment of selling off highest rated first and not replacing them until all players that i wanted to sell are sold, has worked nicely, I think I have made around 25M and have a bigger and better squad now.

the drawback is that it takes 3 weeks as bids from external were slow and also, I didn't sell everyone as planned, I kept a couple so I didn't make as much as I could of.

our league results didn't suffer either despite having a weaker team, we sit in 6th place at the halfway stage.

YEOVIL has finally finished their latest round of transfers' date=' the experiment of selling off highest rated first and not replacing them until all players that i wanted to sell are sold, has worked nicely, I think I have made around 25M and have a bigger and better squad now.

the drawback is that it takes 3 weeks as bids from external were slow and also, I didn't sell everyone as planned, I kept a couple so I didn't make as much as I could of.

our league results didn't suffer either despite having a weaker team, we sit in 6th place at the halfway stage.[/quote']

Great work Paul & I am glad that your experiment worked out well for you.

However, I think there is something fundamentally wrong that a players transfer value is only equal to his value at the club he is presently at.

In real life a players transfer fee is generally set at what his club feel is the market value for him. Not what they think his value to their club is.

A real life instance is Tom Huddlestone. Clearly wasn't valued highly at Tottenham but they still made a £1m profit on him because they knew that Hull (the interested party) would value him highly compared to the rest of their team. And AVB/Levy were probably smart enough to know that if Hull didn't want to pay that much then someone else quickly would.

Anyway, don't mean to detract from the accomplishment you have made with Yeovil whilst still maintaining your league position. Great stuff....

Great work Paul & I am glad that your experiment worked out well for you.

However' date=' I think there is something fundamentally wrong that a players transfer value is only equal to his value at the club he is presently at.

In real life a players transfer fee is generally set at what his club feel is the market value for him. Not what they think his value to their club is.

A real life instance is Tom Huddlestone. Clearly wasn't valued highly at Tottenham but they still made a £1m profit on him because they knew that Hull (the interested party) would value him highly compared to the rest of their team. And AVB/Levy were probably smart enough to know that if Hull didn't want to pay that much then someone else quickly would.

Anyway, don't mean to detract from the accomplishment you have made with Yeovil whilst still maintaining your league position. Great stuff....[/quote']

cheers Nicholas,

I agree with you but if you look at EC 28697 which is nearing the end of its first season and has been full throughout, it has had a better effect than the previous system that allowed you to p/e poor players at an inflated value.

also in that set up, hardly anyone has a big squad , so it has had the desired effect of making cash more valueable than before.

all I am trying to do with Yeovil is take advantage of the current system and it seems to work, as long as you are patient with waiting on bids.

but it will only work on the lower rated clubs, I think as soon as you no longer need 87+ players it stops working.

Here it goes....

Jeevan7 Raj steered Middlesbrough to victory against Bradford City.

Middlesbrough outclassed Bradford City and beat them 4 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Britton scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Holtby and Michu were also amongst the goalscorers.

Couldn't possibly get any better I guess..hehe:D

Here goes my latest result..

Jeevan7 Raj steered Middlesbrough to victory against Dagenham & Redbridge.

Middlesbrough outclassed Dagenham & Redbridge and thrashed them 8 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Ramos was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Michu and Tadic were also amongst the goalscorers.

WOAA!!!:D Brilliant start so far into the season !!

So....what have I missed?

2 weeks away (managed to get on for 10 minutes one day' date=' but was very difficult to do anything)

Picked up 7 points from 12 and remain 4th.[/quote']

nothing exciting, a few new managers, and a loittle transfer activity resulting in such though