• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swanseajack

• Matty_avfc

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Can you help poor Kieran? Kieran Westwood - Goalkeeper - Aged 26 - Rated 85 This is Keiran, he likes sunny days, cold milk and fresh cookies.

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Building on Ed's work and in contrast to SJ's predictions ('cos I agree with you Ed' date=' many do seem to be writing off the new boys, with no rea

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread hang on fellas........... First.... Then.... A quick.... Remember to... Then grab some.... And a.... Into position...... ......

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Ah, the celebrations are put off for another week!!

Peterborough 2 Queens Park Rangers 2

An 84th minute Asamoah Gyan equalizer put celebrations off for another week as Peterborough could only pick up a point at home against Queens Park Rangers. Dirar played behind Long as Maartens was suspended and assisted both Shane Long's 18th of the season and Redmond's 7th of the season.

A point this weekend against Bury will be enough to confirm promotion for the Posh.... anything other than a victory for Spurs at Torquay will confirm promotion too.

Just so that you know a new forum filled EC has just opened. It is EC 29673 and is being run by Elohim :) There is a thread on the forum and it looks like this will be fun so please do join!

In Everton news...

The biter himself is up to 94 :D

Swansea 4-3 Cardiff

We lost in a thrilling encounter away to Swansea despite going 3-1 up with 22 minutes to spare. They came back, stopping us getting 3 vital points that were needed in order to fight possible relegation. 2 matches to go to try to once again stay in the top flight.

I got the Preston job offer and took it.

although it looked like relegation before last nights game, I still thought it was too good a squad to turn down.

I did manage to get relegated in my first game in charge so things can only get better.

I have players listed for cash and the others are open to p/e deals.

those that are set as unavailable would need very good offers for them to leave.

Thank you, thank you and thank you again.

The big challenge is next season though. Going to have my work cut out to keep this team up there next season, need to get rid of some surplus players, get out of this mountain of debt, and add some quality to the side to keep me in division 1 next season

I will however be looking to keep hold of Wanyama, Coleman, Caulker and co.

Ended the season in 5th place with a lovely strong finish for us at Arsenal :)

Just agreed a deal for Vertonghen as well. I'm paying a hefty price but he is a player I love and will fit nicely into my squad, strengthening my defence for the coming season :)

Ipswich Town have finished Eighteenth in Division 2

Finished equal on points with Leeds Utd but go down on goal difference.

Today I was summoned for a meeting with the Chairman where I offered my resignation. This has been accepted. I took over a struggling manager-less Ipswich early in the campaign with a one-season contract & a remit from the Chairman to try and keep the club in the second division. This I failed to do, albeit only just.

I cannot fault the performance of my players or the tremendous support from the fans but, as so often happens in Football, when you are struggling at the foot of the division nothing seems to go right. We drew games we should have won and lost games we should have drawn.

But, whatever happens on the score centre, ultimately it is the Managers responsibility.

I am leaving Ipswich in a pretty good condition. They are financially solvent in so much as that outgoings do not exceed income by very much, there is in excess of 7m in the bank and the side has several exciting young prospects, such as Timo Werner & Benjamin Mendy as well as some experienced established players (Bergessio, Fuego, Papa Gueye, etc.,). So whoever takes over will have plenty to work with.

Good luck to everyone and my apologies for bowing out.

Arriving with one game from the bottom three drop zone, our intent was clear, either get an upset win over the promoted Peterborough or not to lose too badly and hope that other results fell our way.

Despite our 1-0 loss to the Posh, Ipswich lost 2-0 and Hartlepool drew 2-2 which was enough for the Whites to survive by the skins of our teeth, by goal difference.

My first job is to ensure that we aren't in that position again next season and I will evaluate the squad in due time but there are so many positions that are up for grabs in the first XI.

Young Frank Tabanou was my first transfer with a versatility to play left back, left wingback and left mid but there is an exciting period ahead for Leeds with great financial stability and I may add a few names to the squad but the preseason will be important for all

Coleman becomes the first permanent 90 rated player to play for Peterborough!!

Signed for only £2.8m in Season 1 after being sold to Pumas UNAM and being brought straight back over to England 3 months later to Peterborough - where he has been ever since.

284 games later, he has made that 90 rating.

Hopefully not the only 90 that Ill have.... but he is the first.

NEW SEASON!!

Your chairman has increased the capacity of the Stadium by 8,875 seats. The new capacity has now increased to 24,335.
This season your Chairman expects you to avoid relegation.

No cash injection by the chairman, although we have had London Road expanded by nearly 9,000 seats!! Hopefully we can sell out every week, starting with Sheffield United on Saturday.

Accepted bids on Valentin Roberge, Emmanuel Mbola, Adrian Luna, Tony Watt, Bradley Johnson and Nicolas Maurice-Belay.

I am willing to potentially swap Tolgay Arslan out if possible, or sell him for around £10m. Highly rated at Hamburger SV.

Gotta wait until 22nd March to face Swansea - when I am going to be in NZ for 3 weeks........ so I guess my assistant is going to have to take charge of the first time we face each other in division 1.

Nathan Redmond and Marko Arnautovic are set to depart Peterborough. Gutted to lose Redmond who was vital in my promotion campaign last year with 7 crucial goals in 11 games. Arnautovic was also an important player too, with 5 goals and 6 assists too his name.

Incoming though is this man,

article-2392719-1B2F7C84000005DC-314_634x850.jpg

90 rated (now 2nd 90 rated player at Peterborough) , Hatem Ben Arfa.

Tolgay Arslan is also heading out too Hamburger - a nice little £7.8m incoming, would of liked a bit more internally, but still a good little profit on the £200k I spent on him in 2010.