English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Had cut my wage bill considerably by £100,000 yesterday, but seems to have cropped up a bit too £746,415, signed Ben Arfa and Weiss, while Luc Castagnos and Frello Jorginho have joined on loan from Leicester.

Need to try and get my wage bill down to £650-700k - need to get rid of a few players, but also got a heck of a lot of cash to spend with 7 players departing the club, but looking to let a few go via the loan market.

Pre season not going exactly to plan for Pompey. 1 win and 2 defeats so far against lesser opposition. Hopefully the boys will be firing by the time the first league fixture comes around against newly promoted West Ham.

Have reduced my squad massively in pre season. Hoping to bring in a few players with the money I have accrued through players sales.

Everton 0-2 Cardiff

Great start to the season to win away at Everton. Claesson opens the scoring with a low freekick before halftime. In the 2nd half, new signing, Maurice-Belay plays in Kororin who dribbles into the box and slots in City's second.

Cardiff 4-2 Birmingham

Cardiff continue their good start to the season with a home win against Birmingham. Cerci opened the scoring, striking one in at the near post. Negredo equalises for Brum 9 mins later but Maurice-Belay scores his first goal for the club 14 mins later with a looping header after a cross from Cerci.

In the 2nd half Bonucci got Brum's second equaliser but 3 mins later Kokorin is fouled in the box, giving Maurice-Belay an opportunity to get his 2nd which he did. Just 3 mins after that, another foul by Birmingham on Pato meant Maurice-Belay was able to score a 2nd goal from the spot and a hattrick, giving Cardiff the win 4-2.

First win in Division 1 came on Wednesday night as Peterborough played host to Cardiff, in front of a record crowd of 21,674. Luiz Adriano got scoring under way within 8 minutes, but Cardiff responded more or less immediately. A goal either side of half time saw Peterborough go 3-1 ahead, and then 4-1 when Ben Arfa scored on 52 minutes. Cardiff got two goals back late on but we managed to hold them off in the final 15 minutes.

Swansea 1-1 Cardiff

Cardiff went into the South Wales derby on the back of 3 straight defeats and being knocked out of the cup. However, we gave Swansea a match when we went ahead from the penalty spot through Pato. Swansea had to up their game which they did when Giggs finally got a goal he deserved and equalised in the 79th min.

• 2 weeks later...

So 8 points out of a possible 24 for Peterborough in our opening 8 games in Division 1.

Been without Caulker, Coleman and Chedjou for nearly half of those games.

Caulker returns tonight, and will start alongside Yoshida who has surprisingly done really well since he was brought into the side to cover for both Caulker and Chedjou. Medel on the other hand...... will be dropped. Not up to scratch.

Man City are the opponents tonight - minus Lampard, and only a place above us in the table. A win could propel us into the top half of the table. But just the small matter of Navas, Robben, Subotic, Dzeko and.... yeah. *gulp*

Spend £5.5m on Vladimir Weiss, with the intention of having him on my books for a long period of time, assuming he had found his feet in Greece and was going to kick on in his career at Olympiakos.... only for him to move to Lekhwiya at the end of January.... *sigh*

Peterborough 1 Sunderland 0

Adriano with his 5th goal in 8 games is enough to secure all 3 points for Peterborough at home to Sunderland. Wanyama took one for the team and picked up a suspension, and we are still without Coleman and Chedjou! On we go!

Much needed win for Portsmouth against lowly Fulham. The indispensable Mario Gomez and Carlos Tevez with the goals.

GOSSIP COLUMN: Portsmouth are eyeing a deal for Juventus midfield star Arturo Vidal when he becomes available for transfer. Yann M'Vila is expected to go the other way as part of the deal although competition is expected for his signature.

Leicester got another win under our belts and need to continue in this fashion to make a title claim. Strong start but you have to carry on until the end of the season. when your up against top forumers you cant let anything slip.

Szczesny and Townsend got signed up recently. Iv always wanted to sign Leno for our team after i had accepted bids on him however id always go into debt before i could get myself a keeper. Sommer was a good servant however you need 89+ keepers to challenge.

Townsend i don't particularly rate , but as long as hes getting mins at spurs i see him rising. for some reason hodgson seems him as international level and that will boost him to 89+

This season your Chairman expects you to avoid relegation.

The chairman and fans expect a long and successful era under your guidance!

Sheffield United were founded in 1889 and play their home games at Bramall Lane in Sheffield.

This season your Chairman expects you to avoid relegation.

The chairman and fans expect a long and successful era under your guidance!

Sheffield United were founded in 1889 and play their home games at Bramall Lane in Sheffield.

Welcome , we need more of you and less of the cheats

Peterborough are taking the top flight by storm!!! :D

4th straight league win on the bounce, 5 games unbeaten, and 6 in all comps, clean sheets away at Manchester City, and tonight, Liverpool. Adriano has scored 6 in 9, and we've been minus Coleman, Chedjou and Ben Arfa for a large % of the games. 7th in the league, 8 points off the pace.

Over the moon!!

Peterborough are taking the top flight by storm!!! :D

4th straight league win on the bounce' date=' 5 games unbeaten, and 6 in all comps, clean sheets away at Manchester City, and tonight, Liverpool. Adriano has scored 6 in 9, and we've been minus Coleman, Chedjou and Ben Arfa for a large % of the games. 7th in the league, 8 points off the pace.

Over the moon!![/quote']

The 10m price tag doesn't seem like much now does it with that type of payback.

Kevin Dr Bruyne has just joined Leicester City for Defour and Bruma from Millwall.

Two highly rated managers there made a deal fair for both parties. Bruma wasn't a player i wanted to leave however Defour isn't my favorite and isn't first team at Porto so i had to let go. Kevin i feel will go far at Wolfsburg and can still move on to a bigger club in the future. A solid 90 rated to play in the midfield. Hes my only real midfielder which is crazy.

Lost today against a much stronger Spurs side , player for player he won in rating and a 2-0 loss isn't much to take. Still top with a 6 point gap.

it's time for me to fully return to my team, been buusy with my other teams in other game worlds, now i make a return.

good win for us, but financially unstable with over 5m in debts, i thought chairmans do bails us out at times, what's with mine, if i had the power, i would have complained to the club owners. lol

i need to late a 90/+ player to leave, now.