English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

So Vidal ends up at Arsenal...

Elsewhere, Peterborough managed to scrape a point from Fratton Park as we draw with Pompey 3-3. Ben Arfa got an early 5th minute goal before being sent off 15 minutes into the game. Pompey then went 3-1 up before Peterborough managed to get two goals back. Peterborough sit nicely in 5th place. I wouldn't mind that come the end of the season, but only three points off Portsmouth, so keeping the pressure on!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After a superb start for Peterborough we've had a real slump in form, having only taken 7 points out of a possible 33 since March 29th and currently sat 3 points above the drop zone, we face Manchester United in a Cup Final tomorrow evening. Our first Shield Final since Season 3 - hopefully this one has a happy ending, and our league form can pick up in the final 9 games of the season.

Utter heartbreak for Posh. 2nd Final of my 464 game tenure. Managed to come back from 2-0 down against Manchester United at Wembley, but soon after went down to 10, then 9 men, and soon United took advantage of the two extra men and made it 3-2.

Bit confused as to why I took Immobile off and put Weiss up front but threw everything at United in the final 15 minutes but couldn't find the equalizer. Oh well, attentions need to divert onto keeping this side in the Division now. UP THE POSH.

This can't be happening? Surely? Peterborough drop into the relegation places for the first time in years!! We have 7 games... 7 cup finals in my eyes in order to save our Premier League status. Its a matter of do or die. I turned down the Arsenal job a few weeks back, and its back fired ever since. We've already lost 1 cup final this week; I don't want 7 more repeats!

UP THE POSH!

This can't be happening? Surely? Peterborough drop into the relegation places for the first time in years!! We have 7 games... 7 cup finals in my eyes in order to save our Premier League status. Its a matter of do or die. I turned down the Arsenal job a few weeks back' date=' and its back fired ever since. We've already lost 1 cup final this week; I don't want 7 more repeats!

UP THE POSH![/quote']

Ive found your form lad, sorry about the 3-0 win!

Brum now have 21 out of 30 points in 10 gmaes, cawing palace-esque from 12 points from safety and well clear in last to just 2 pointas form safety and with some big enough wins to mean GD is actaully competitive.

Time to finish off the great escape!

Some Small ins to as Allan NATHAN comes in (only GW i got him in, at 1.2M) and Brisbane Roar Front man Dmitri PETRATOS. neither likely to get Game time but solid future players!

meanwhile Birmingham are llokigng like pulling off the greatest escape this GW has seen, amassing YET ANOTHER WIN. Averaging over 2pts a game in seasons second half.. we could be champions had we played like that all year,DO NOT ask me what happened in the first half i do not know how we were either so bad then, or so good now.

Thanks for the season guys. Despite some great form from Notts County we couldn't pull off the impossible in the end and missed out on the top 6 by 4 points. Really happy with how the season went but unfortunately my time in this game world is up. Cutting down on clubs as I'm not as interested in this game as I once was and I'm keen on this new fantasy world cup thing so as the season has come to an end it's the right time to go. Really enjoyed managing Notts for my brief spell and good luck to everyone else in the future.

Managed my highest league finish of 6th, despite not being the most active.

Season 1: Division 2 - 5th

Season 2: Division 2 - 16th

Season 3: Division 2 - 4th

Season 4: Division 2 - 11th

Season 5: Division 2 - 6th

Season 6: Division 2 - 2nd

Season 7: Division 1 - 17th

Season 8: Division 1 - 10th

Season 9: Division 1 - 7th

Season 10: Division 1 - 13th

Season 11: Division 1 - 6th

The main news though, is the retirement of Ryan Giggs. Despite him being old at the time of signing he's gone on to play 330 games in 10 seasons for me, scoring 128, assisting 101, 53 man of the matches and an average rating of 7.42. The first season in division one was the only full season that Giggs didn't manage to get double figures in from midfield, and it will be hard to replace his goals.

• 3 weeks later...

Might have been relegated but probably just pulled off one of my biggest coups in 5579! Ivan Rakitic joins Peterborough for a mere £17million! Signed on last night to the Manchester City manager advertising a fire sale, and offering me Rakitic for £17mill! Couldn't say no really.

The future certainly looks bright considering we were relegated a matter of weeks ago. Cannot wait to watch the likes of Promes, Coleman, Immobile, Hughes, Jenkinson, Caulker and Campbell develop around Rakitic now.

Might have been relegated but probably just pulled off one of my biggest coups in 5579! Ivan Rakitic joins Peterborough for a mere £17million! Signed on last night to the Manchester City manager advertising a fire sale' date=' and offering me Rakitic for £17mill! Couldn't say no really.

The future certainly looks bright considering we were relegated a matter of weeks ago. Cannot wait to watch the likes of Promes, Coleman, Immobile, Hughes, Jenkinson, Caulker and Campbell develop around Rakitic now.[/quote']

Fantastic signing for you. I've get the offer too and i try to PM City manager as i need to raise cash first,but fairplay to you for having the money. Bargain for you.

At least i get Keylor Navas. After having no quality keeper in my first team for many season,i stuck with Andujar for almost 6 seasons,and in 2nd half of last season i sell Andujar and put 82(now 84) rated Scuffet in first team. Now Navas will provide good rating in first team while waiting Scuffet continue rising

Fantastic signing for you. I've get the offer too and i try to PM City manager as i need to raise cash first' date='but fairplay to you for having the money. Bargain for you.

At least i get Keylor Navas. After having no quality keeper in my first team for many season,i stuck with Andujar for almost 6 seasons,and in 2nd half of last season i sell Andujar and put 82(now 84) rated Scuffet in first team. Now Navas will provide good rating in first team while waiting Scuffet continue rising[/quote']

I sold a load of players at the back end of last season to try and save wages this season, thinking that with Promes, Duarte and that coming back, they would offer cover for certain positions, so for the first time in about 4 seasons I had a fairly big budget - wasn't sure whether to spend it or not, but when you are offered Rakitic for £17m... you've gotta take it.

Even though Rakitic now blows my record transfer fee out the water, and my wage structure of £50,000 a week, now has risen to £61,050. Better pay off by getting me promoted and winning me some silverware!

Sadly all the deals from Man City are just an attempt to wreck the side..

95 rated players to externals...

Please when he leaves' date=' if it can be done give the players back to CITY for CV or what you paid which ever is higher.[/quote']

After an investigation by the SMFA, the deal involving Peterborough United and Manchester City regarding Ivan RAKITIĆ has been reversed.