Guest Higgy

English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Peterborough's English contingency is growing as we welcome Aaron Cresswell and Matt Grimes to the club.

Cresswell looks to have slotted right into Premier League life with ease, gaining a lot of praise meanwhile. Should easily be on for a rise to 87 come the end of the season, and Big Sam has already referred to him as “Mr Dependable”. Joins fellow West Ham full-back, Carl Jenkinson. Both of which are having a superb season for West Ham.

That signing looks likely to call and end to Chris Mavinga's Peterborough career following 9 seasons at the club - look likely to make my money back at least on the £300k investment.

Elsewhere, Matt Grimes is heading to London Road this evening. £350k for the 19 year old, who only yesterday completed a move to Swansea from Exeter. Looks a good little player though, with any luck he can get a run of games at Swansea.

Luiz Adriano is available to leave Peterborough also, 89 rated Shakhtar striker, who scored 8 goals against BATE in the CL, banging Shakhtar into the knockout stages and is currently the top goal scorer in the CL. Rumored to be attracting interest from Italy, particularly AC Milan.

Couple of interesting teams available if anybody is interested in hoping aboard..

Fulham

Only Division 1 side available, with the likes of Son, Navas, Mikel, Diego Lopez and Reina, Llorente, Ideye, Dempsey, Mendy and a decent kitty of £20m. Its a worthy prospect that would be a shame to be dismantled.

Elsewhere,

Hull City

Glen Johnson, Nani, Diame, Huddlestone and a few more of the currently Hull team - not a great deal in the way of money, but something to start with.

Notts County

Not a great lot going for them squad wise, but could be an interesting project for somebody - with a £58m kitty being put upfront by the chairman and a decent sized stadium, they won't have difficulty building a powerhouse that there were a few seasons back.

Sheffield United

Not a great deal to shout about, not much cash to splash and not a lot of big players to blag about - Ciaran Clark, James McArthur and Jack Cork being the main three you'd probably want to hold onto - but could be an interesting project for somebody with a 30,000 capacity stadium.

And finally,

Burton Albion

Emenike, Osman, de Ceglie, Motta, Cana and £24m to build upon.

Birmingham really struggling down the Bottom. Birmingham owner has told Manager Cam Lucas he needs to be out of the relegation zone by round 22 or he will be SACKED!

Good news is we are off the bottom!

Brief update:

Currently bottom of the league due to inactivity, 12 points from 15 games and in desperate need of form having lost my last six. This hasn't been helped by the fact that I was doing so well in the last two or three seasons without being active. Still plenty of time to turn it around though.

In terms of the playing squad, it's not looking great following the retirement of Sir Ryan Giggs. Erik Lamela, Roberto Soldado & Paulinho continue to struggle to make a serious impact at Tottenham. Moussa Dembele, Jonny Evans, Dani Osvaldo and Rafael have all had dissaapointing seasons as well. Some of the youngsters such as Adam Matthews, Fabio Borini, Tom Rogic and Ravel Morrison don't look like they'll make it for me either.

It looks like I might have to seriously change some things around in my side for the first time in an awful long time. I've part exchanged the following players who could potentially leave:

Paulinho (91)

Soldado (91)

Dembele (90)

Suarez (90)

Osvaldo (90)

Evans (90)

Fuchs (89)

de Guzman (89)

Borini (87)

Okore (86)

Matthews (86)

Cornelius (85)

Morrison (85)

Rogic (82)

Feel free to enquire.

Peterborough have been on a slippery slide since mid-January, and last night slipped out of the play off positions, where we had stayed since turn 1.

A 2-2 result last night against Manchester City saw us slip down to 7th, where we only hope to be for a short amount of time with only 7 games to go, and 9 points off the automatic positions.

All of the next 7 games are against sides below me, two of which currently sit in the bottom three. The fixtures list is in our favor.... just need to make that count and turn it into results.

COYB.

Sala Diouf left Blackburn Rovers to take ARSENAL

Manager Sala :

you know it's not easy when you manage a team 3 years, we did many things with the club , a story , with good moments, i was happy to run this team ,and i will never forget these good moments... The Arsenal president trust us and Give us his team , it's a good pleasure when you have many best player in the world in your team ... and we will do all our best to get many titles

Re: Riferimento: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

weclome i am Cameron' date=' manager of relegated Birmingham![/quote']

Sorry to see you go down. My Cardiff have just managed to stay up after a 2-1 win against Preston following 6 defeats on the trot. Infact we had only managed to win 2 and draw 1 out of the last 13 league matches.

Re: Riferimento: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Sorry to see you go down. My Cardiff have just managed to stay up after a 2-1 win against Preston following 6 defeats on the trot. Infact we had only managed to win 2 and draw 1 out of the last 13 league matches.

even a win today, meant i had to haul you in the last round, so probably wouoldnt have made it anyway.

Been many many many a season with 10+ teams (some pretty average) since ive endured a relegation. now im about to get another one in the next week barring a miracle aswell.

Oh how the mighty have fallen hahahaha. Well done on survival, steve.

After 13 seasons and a set up record of 584 games in charge of Swansea City I've decided to call it a day, largely due to just losing interest in the game all together but it's not been helped by the inability to do any real changes to my team due to the inactivity of the game world.

The side have been relegated from Division 1 having lost the influence of Ryan Giggs, and back to where I started all the way back in January 2010. In those five years I've won promotion and the League Cup, allowing me to play in Europe and emulate the very achievements that Swansea City have made in that time in real life.

Thanks to all those involved in the set up who made it what it was in it's prime.

After 13 seasons and a set up record of 584 games in charge of Swansea City I've decided to call it a day' date=' largely due to just losing interest in the game all together but it's not been h[b']elped by the inability to do any real changes to my team due to the inactivity of the game world. [/b]

The side have been relegated from Division 1 having lost the influence of Ryan Giggs, and back to where I started all the way back in January 2010. In those five years I've won promotion and the League Cup, allowing me to play in Europe and emulate the very achievements that Swansea City have made in that time in real life.

Thanks to all those involved in the set up who made it what it was in it's prime.

Ive had Yaya toure up for negotiation for 6 months i reckon adn not 1 bid. dont blame you.

see ya round!

ARSENAL 4 - 3 Everton

Zlatan Ibrahimovic , best player this Year

Screen-Shot-2015-02-01-at-12.35.02-PM.png

Reporter : Hello Zlatan , you are nominated as the best player this season , how do u fell

Zlatan , Happy , happy as you know it's the result of all my hard work , but we are disappointed a little bit for being 3rd , and myself i was struggling with Messi to be the best scorer but it's finnaly him , but we had many problem as our coach who left , so we wasnt very good , but we did a great season

Reporter : do you think that the new year , you will win the championship

Zlatan : Yes i think , we have a new coach , we hope that the next year will be full of succes , we will win titles , with him , and he is very kind with all ppl , i think it will be a very good season next year

Reporter : Ok thanks Zlatan

Zlatan : No problem

Peterborough miss out on a top 6 finish despite winning our last 3 games of the campaign. Such a shame considering the form we were in during the early part of the season, spending a good 12 turns fighting it out at the top with Reading. Slipped off in January tho, with 4 defeats on the spin and then only managing to record 7 wins out of 14 consequently resulting in us being overtaken and ending the campaign 7th.

Shane Long yet again showed why I signed him in season 1 for a measly £2.7m as the Irishmen hit 18 goals in 25 games in what turned out to be another impressive division 2 performance taking Long up to 97 goals in 180 appearances for the Posh.

long-barnsley-a151-276162_478x359.jpg

Maarten Martens makes yet another appeal as to why he should stay on for another season as the 30 year old who celebrates 4 years with the club on Tuesday and who celebrated 300 games a few weeks ago records double figures for both goals and assists this term, arguably his most impressive season in blue, record doesn't lie tho,

Games: 303 Goals: 71 Assists: 144! MoTM: 20 AvP: 7.04

pic-0-norm.jpg

Birmingham Finally say goodbye to Yaya Toure. He was our first big signing along with David Villa> We bought him in hen he was in a RL rut for Gameiro and Fer,.., Great business that turned out as Yaya went rampant and got to 95.

With our relegation and our depth issues sad to see him go. In comes a player i fancy in Shelvey to be a back up midfielder. Aurier who will get alot of games as a key defender covering all positions and 21M to try and buy a marquee player with.

Farewell Yaya!

Pn another note, Steve Alban (Dracolis) has a wonderful Sunderland on offer. If you are a long term manager and want a great side in one of the solid Forum EC's i suggest you ask him nicely!