Guest Higgy

English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

The SMFA offered me the QPR job in this game world, and I was unsure at first (I normally go for custom game worlds and gold championships) and was also aware this was a very old game.

However, seeing that over 40 managers are still in the GW after 14 seasons, that told me everything I needed to know about the strength of the GW!

Needless to say I took the job and am looking forward to the challenge (currently top of Div. 3), aiming to get back-to-back promotions to Div.1.

The SMFA offered me the QPR job in this game world' date=' and I was unsure at first (I normally go for custom game worlds and gold championships) and was also aware this was a very old game.

However, seeing that over 40 managers are still in the GW after 14 seasons, that told me everything I needed to know about the strength of the GW!

Needless to say I took the job and am looking forward to the challenge (currently top of Div. 3), aiming to get back-to-back promotions to Div.1.[/quote']

Welcome!!!!

Birmingham get a point and were probably the better team. had Depay (6) and Debuchy (63) not got red cards could have been a nice win!

Welcome!!!!

Birmingham get a point and were probably the better team. had Depay (6) and Debuchy (63) not got red cards could have been a nice win!

Thank-you. I got off to a winning start with a 2-1 home win :)

Have also made my first signings in the transfer market, and they include England International Fabian Delph (88) and experienced goalkeeper Pepe Reina (90). Planning several more in the next few days as I shape my squad.

Fulham became available so I'm now managing at Fulham! Going to be a tough job as we're rock bottom and four points from safety, but will be looking to slowly progress forward and get out of the relegation picture for the rest of the season within the next 5/6 games! Up The Cottagers!

Promotion battle hots up in Div 3 between myself (QPR), Norwich and Man City currently on winning streaks in the top 3. Swindon in 4th cannot be counted out either and have possibly the strongest squad in the Division!

After 121 games and three trophies in three seasons Im resigning from Barnsley. I dont have the time to manage them properly as I am now a fully qualified Pharmacist working all over Manchester. They have plenty of money and a lot of young prospects.

I have taken the task of trying to keep Preston North End in Division 1. They sit 19th with two games to go against Aston Villa (H) and Tottenham (A) and after a run of three straight losses to Sunderland, Portsmouth and Southend United, the task will be ever harder. North End sit three points inside of the relegation zone as Reading currently occupy the 17th position spot. The new Preston manager has said, "It is very much still possible we can survive, we just need a bit of passion from the players to really push for the maximum amount of points in these two vital games. I believe in the lads and I think we can very much do it."

Taken over at Blackburn till end of next season minimum. Got a few signings in mind.

Have nine players under going talks, more news on this will be soon.

First match was against Posh and won moving us to 14th need to stay away from the relegation battle.

Well the list is in and here are Blackburn Rovers new players:

GK - Casillas 91 - Gomes 85

MID - Biglia 91 - Marchisio 93 (star signing) - Thiago 91 - Kagawa 91 - Pedro 92

ST - Llorenet 91 - Jovetic 91

Over all quite happy with my behind the seen's deals, some real power house names there and after my teams win yesterday see us staying in the championship for next season.

Gomes was a gamble but the way he has played the past two season should be in for a ratting change.

Three new power house defenders joining Blackburn, German defender 88 ratted Westermann is a big jump up with him coming in and a 84 leaving who at best is a 86 see my German staying 87+ for next season. Italian power is needed in the form of Maggio the 88 ratted RB is a much needed name here, should be a solid addition to my squad for the next season to come. 32 year old Brazil born CB Dante is a pure heavyweight should sort out anything needed. At a 91 ratting he comes in as one of my best see him sticking about the 90 ratting anyway so should be solid enough. Now to find a LB for a squad who I now feel can hold there own.

MARTENS HANGS UP HIS BOOTS

200909151017-1_maarten-martens-blijft-az

435528679_B974713337Z.1_20150208160640_0

So the day has finally come.... 

12 seasons

334 appearances

78 goals

160 assists 

7.02 avp

The guy featured less over the past two seasons but will go down in Peterborough folk law for the 5 years of service.