English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Well i've managed to get a friendly with Northampton for Thursday, so i can view the YC replay between Chelsea & Sunderland

And I Thought you wanted to test my Tactical Knowledge and push yourself mentally against all my new signing :D:D:D:D .....Ah well you live and learn :(

Guest Higgy

Lost 1-0 to Man United :o

Not that bad considering they have a better squad.

Up next, Man. Utd's Fulham. easy 3 points for me :D

Well i've managed to get a friendly with Northampton for Thursday' date=' so i can view the YC replay between Chelsea & Sunderland

And I Thought you wanted to test my Tactical Knowledge and push yourself mentally against all my new signing :D:D:D:D .....Ah well you live and learn :([/quote']

You don't need to have a friendly to be able to view the other friendlies. If you go to competitions and then click on friendlies you can view all the friendlies for the set of results and next set of fixtures.

Lost 1-0 to Man United :o

Not that bad considering they have a better squad.

Up next' date=' Man. Utd's Fulham. easy 3 points for me :D

But harsh. But true. Oops did i just say that? ;)

Guest Higgy

But harsh. But true. Oops did i just say that? ;)

I think even Man. Utd knows it's true :P

Although I feel I've jinxed myself and will end up losing :rolleyes:

Guest Higgy

drew 0-0 against Gillingham on my debut as the new boss of Tranmere Rovers' date=' a bit better than expected since I was expecting a loss[/quote']

Welcome to the set up mate :)

Hartlepool win again, and it was a particularly impressive result seeing as I had to put out my reserves due to my absence leaving my first XI being exhausted by Monday's cup game. An early red card for Crewe's Billy Jones didn't help Philippe's side, and Hartlepool ran riot up front, with Gonzalo Bazan scoring twice and Gonzalo Castillejos netting on his debut (he was pretty fresh after his recent rise) in a 5-2 victory. EdMoses' Brighton finally lost a game - his first taste of defeat in an impressive 16 games - which allowed the chasing pack of Shrewsbury, Carlisle and my Hartlepool to all close within a win of the top spot. The competition truly has begun.

Hartlepool win again' date=' and it was a particularly impressive result seeing as I had to put out my reserves due to my absence leaving my first XI being exhausted by Monday's cup game. An early red card for Crewe's Billy Jones didn't help Philippe's side, and Hartlepool ran riot up front, with Gonzalo Bazan scoring twice and Gonzalo Castillejos netting on his debut (he was pretty fresh after his recent rise) in a 5-2 victory. EdMoses' Brighton finally lost a game - his first taste of defeat in an impressive 16 games - which allowed the chasing pack of Shrewsbury, Carlisle and my Hartlepool to all close within a win of the top spot. The competition truly has begun.[/quote']

Impressive win, but an even more impressive team. Man, you have had some nice risers this week! I can't believe your luck with Burdisso. 86, wow!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Sorry, Ed, but your gut feeling seemed to be an almost self-fulfilling prophecy.

Shrewsbury ran out 6-2 winners against last placed D&R. We're still in second, a point behind Brighton. Difficult home game against Yeovil on Saturday.

Impressive win' date=' but an even more impressive team. Man, you have had some nice risers this week! I can't believe your luck with Burdisso. 86, wow![/quote']

I know mate, was very surprised myself with Burdisso's rise. Expected 85 even with Rosario's terrible form, but I guess he has been capped by the NT and has a tonne of rumours surrounding his name. Might have to cash in on him though, because there is purely too much out there for me to ignore in the transfer market.

P.S. Your Shrewsbury squad are going along nicely, and shaping up beautifully as well.

P.P.S. The Frosinone/Rimini dream lives on. I can almost taste it! :P

I know mate' date=' was very surprised myself with Burdisso's rise. Expected 85 even with Rosario's terrible form, but I guess he has been capped by the NT and has a tonne of rumours surrounding his name. Might have to cash in on him though, because there is purely too much out there for me to ignore in the transfer market.[/quote']

No doubt. I know he is one of your favorite players, but the return on investment is just too big to let slide. You gotta let him go.

P.S. Your Shrewsbury squad are going along nicely, and shaping up beautifully as well.

They are okay. Still waiting for some rises. I'm looking forward to reinvesting some cash after the TBs are done with.

P.P.S. The Frosinone/Rimini dream lives on. I can almost taste it! :P

You know it, pal. Serie A here we come.

I think you should expect plenty of injuries and red cards tonight then. :D
oh dear' date=' you had to say it didnt you, guess whats gonna happen now........:P[/quote']

i won 3-0, and i didn't receive one injury or one red card, but i did receive three yellow cards, Livermore is one yellow of a suspension and he's played only seven games, what a dirty player he is?!:eek:

Ananias WERLEY has completed his move to Leicester City from Atletico Mineiro for £800,000 plus Richie WELLENS

Lopes Beltrame WESLEY has completed his move to Leicester City from Atletico Paranaense for £4,150,000

very happy with them signings.

Well done Paz ' date=' another win for you not unexpected though my dredful run contiues when oh when will it end. Can someone please help me with tactics?[/b']

I can have a look if you like - long as you dont hold it against me should you not get the desired result!

Sent you a personal message on soccer manager. Have you read it?

for some reason I cant get into my messages in the Gameworld mate - havent been able to for three days - best to send me the message again on here via Private Messages.

UPDATE - now into my messages and replied to you!

missing three of my best players tonight through injury or suspension' date=' being a low league minnow my squad strngth is poor. Playing Torquay who just had a decent 0-0 against a resurgent Buron side. Feeling nervous about this one.[/quote']

well what do you know! I lost 4-3- having been 2-0 up int he first half and losing to a trike in the last 7 mins. Lesson learned = must close games out.

On the up side I had an awesome start to the season, my players are returning to the first team and still top of the league. All in all im happy.

So why does that loss hurt so much..............:P

Yes! Yes! Yes! Sorry' date=' Ed, but your gut feeling seemed to be an almost self-fulfilling prophecy. [/quote']

:rolleyes:aint it the truth

Oh and by the way folks, Jinx is currently putting a sig together for me - the proofs done already are ace! Just thought i would share my thanks so far with the group Jinx!

Oh and by the way folks' date=' Jinx is currently putting a sig together for me - the proofs done already are ace! Just thought i would share my thanks so far with the group Jinx![/quote']

I know yeah! Hopefully he's preparing the one i requested for last night too.. :P I hope not to many people request though, i've seen alot of good sig makers stop making them due to relentless requests, and its a sad site, thats why im going to start making my own sigs but just want Jinx to make me one whilst i get used to the software im trying to use..