English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Good way to put i suppose. I really like your most recent signatures for Ed.

yeah, their fantastic and the "chosen one" (jinx is so good you get choices!) will be debuting soon!

With regards the YC, i was and would have been totally committed - even with my rubbish squad - but pulled out due to the formation rule so will watch how that develops for next season.

I have faith that next season peeps will be much more committed and I think i speak (type?) for us all here in thanking Swansea for all the hard work, given the amount of non committal and rule breaking that the YC has seen your efforts have been nothing short of awesome and I hope you do the same next season?

yeah' date=' their fantastic and the "chosen one" (jinx is so good you get choices!) will be debuting soon!

With regards the YC, i was and would have been totally committed - even with my rubbish squad - but pulled out due to the formation rule so will watch how that develops for next season.

[b']I have faith that next season peeps will be much more committed and I think i speak (type?) for us all here in thanking Swansea for all the hard work, given the amount of non committal and rule breaking that the YC has seen your efforts have been nothing short of awesome and I hope you do the same next season[/b]?

Yeah thumbs up to SwanseaJack for organising it. However, I think we ought to ditch the formation rule for next season and possibly even the country rule aswell. Too many restrictions won't help people join IMO.

Yeah thumbs up to SwanseaJack for organising it. However' date=' I think we ought to ditch the formation rule for next season and possibly even the country rule aswell. Too many restrictions won't help people join IMO.[/quote']

I'll join next year. And country rule won't matter, I have an all-brazilian lineup. :D

Blackpool just got better.

Giuliano 84 --- 87

Gil 80 --- 85

Diego Renan 80 --- 85

Xandao 82 --- 84

Thanks for leaving them to me' date=' guys.[/quote']

Hahaha. Not like I had a choice with a seriously shallow bank account.

I grabbed Xandao in another setup. Is he a keeper?

Giuliano 84 --- 87

Gil 80 --- 85

Diego Renan 80 --- 85

Xandao 82 --- 84

Yeah a bit peeved that you beat me to Diego Renan now. Was also thinking of buying Giuliano right at the start but decided not to. How I regret that decision now.:(

Good signings for you though. Would make a healthy profit for you if you decided to sell them. I don't you are though, are you?

Yeah thumbs up to SwanseaJack for organising it. However' date=' I think we ought to ditch the formation rule for next season and possibly even the country rule aswell. Too many restrictions won't help people join IMO.[/quote']

Hang on, there's a formation rule and a country rule? That's a bit ridiculous to be honest. Half of winning games in SM is about setting the right tactics. If you want me to enter this competition next time, I'm not going to be restricted by one formation. And does this country rule mean that you have to field 11 men with the same nationality? Because if so, that is unfair to those managers who want to progress their squads in the actual league. They'll be forced to buy players that they might not want to, or hold on to players when they really want to sell them on for new cash to reinvest. This rule needs to be scrapped as well if I am to join (unless I'm assigned Argentina - then I'm sorted! :P)

Yeah a bit peeved that you beat me to Diego Renan now. Was also thinking of buying Giuliano right at the start but decided not to. How I regret that decision now.:(

Good signings for you though. Would make a healthy profit for you if you decided to sell them. I don't you are though' date=' are you?[/quote']

Not Giuli and DR. Maybe Gil, depending on who gets to start in the Cups (and thus who gets added to SM). There probably won't be much of note added this time around, maybe Mithyuê. The big one was Marcelo, who was added last week.

In fact, I havn't even made any bids today:o Shortlisted Eli because he has some talent, but I hate the fact that he's behind Wellington Paulista, Thiago Ribeiro, Kleber, Kieza and Anderson Lessa for playing time up front.

Giuliano 84 --- 87

Gil 80 --- 85

Diego Renan 80 --- 85

Xandao 82 --- 84

Got Renan and Gil in my other set ups, financially i had to spread my wealth here so couldnt afford them for Brighton. I guess what i am saying (in a jealous way entirely) is - your welcome!

Hang on' date=' there's a formation rule and a country rule? That's a bit ridiculous to be honest. Half of winning games in SM is about setting the right tactics. If you want me to enter this competition next time, I'm not going to be restricted by one formation. And does this country rule mean that you have to field 11 men with the same nationality? Because if so, that is unfair to those managers who want to progress their squads in the actual league. They'll be forced to buy players that they might not want to, or hold on to players when they really want to sell them on for new cash to reinvest. This rule needs to be scrapped as well if I am to join (unless I'm assigned Argentina - then I'm sorted! :P)[/quote']

no you just have to field 3 players from that certain nantionality and you choose that nationality.

Hang on' date=' there's a formation rule and a country rule? That's a bit ridiculous to be honest. Half of winning games in SM is about setting the right tactics. If you want me to enter this competition next time, I'm not going to be restricted by one formation. And does this country rule mean that you have to field 11 men with the same nationality? Because if so, that is unfair to those managers who want to progress their squads in the actual league. They'll be forced to buy players that they might not want to, or hold on to players when they really want to sell them on for new cash to reinvest. This rule needs to be scrapped as well if I am to join (unless I'm assigned Argentina - then I'm sorted! :P)[/quote']

Yeah the formation rule was you had to play 4-2-4, and the country rule wasn't to field a full squad of one nationality it was something like you had to field 4 (i think) players from any country of your choice. I think the formation rule should defiantly be scrapped but its totally up to Aidan or a vote between the people of the thread, also as its the "youth" cup can't we have the age restricted to 21 year olds and under cause alot of first teams in the division are full of 25 and under players. This could then see managers fielding weekended teams.

no you just have to field 3 players from that certain nantionality and you choose that nationality.

Ah, that's not so bad then, and quite reasonable to be fair. I would still like to see the formation rule go though. What formation was it?

EDIT: Already answered above.

No' date=' he's a defender.

(Seriously though, he's become a starter at Sao Paulo. So deeffff.[/quote']

Haha, Really? I've been playing him in goal for a couple of months now.

Hang on' date=' there's a formation rule and a country rule? That's a bit ridiculous to be honest. Half of winning games in SM is about setting the right tactics. If you want me to enter this competition next time, I'm not going to be restricted by one formation.[/quote']

I second that.

my concern re the formation rule was that tactics were the only real weapon the lower div teams had, if your forced to play like for like formations the strongest team wins - end of. Where the tactical input in that? Hence I pulled out. If this rule is absent next season im in!

Also like the idea of the YC being under 21's.

Right,

As for the four designated country players, it's definatly going to stick

No need to drop it at all

The 4-2-4 rule will be dropped

& as for the age limit, if it got dropped to 21 i don't know how many clubs would be able to field 11 players with the designated rule aswell

It could be slightly lowered to 24, but i feel 25 is fair

Blackburn Rovers add firepower to their lineup: Thiery Henry is coming to the Rovers.

errr are you sure you want to do that could move to MLS at the end of the season.

Right' date='

& as for the age limit, if it got dropped to 21 i don't know how many clubs would be able to field 11 players with the designated rule aswell

It could be slightly lowered to 24, but i feel 25 is fair[/quote']

i feel 24/25 is fine if it is lowered to 21 i feel that would be too low.

Right' date='

It could be slightly lowered to 24, but i feel 25 is fair[/quote']

Lol I'd be happy with it being lowered to 21 considering nearly 90% of my team is 21 or under but I think 23-24 would be about right. :):D

I would have joined this season but never had the strenght in depth

Next season deffo joining

Getting Thiery Henry is the best move ever. He is rated 94 so he adds quality to my team. I'm getting him for $10 million when my chairman values him at $17 million. So when I sell him before his rating change I'm guaranteed at least a $7 million profit. Not to mention all the goals he will be scoring. Focused more than ever to win the title.

Getting Thiery Henry is the best move ever. CENTER]

not so sure here tobe honest. The best move ever was when some bright spark introduced Megan Fox's parents to one another for the first time. Genius.

I couldnt possibly condone a move for Henry, what with my Irish roots an all. :mad:

so, what’s the big games for the weekend?

In div 4 its JinxMillion’s Shrewsbury (2) vs Nicky-internacional-659’s Yeovil (5). Depending on results, Shrewsbury could go top and send Yeovil out of the playoff spots to 7th. Alternatively Yeovil could (i hope:p) get up to 3rd.

There’s also Nakamama’s Swindon (7) vs Gary Townsend’s Torquay (8), with the winner possibly getting into the play off spots.

Personally, got a test against Jonny14444’s Bradford. Another change tactically and a must win game. I have to get my lads back to winning ways. I’ve stuttered lately, winning 2 in the last 5. I might of only lost once but form is everything and I feel mine has been tailing off slightly. I go into the weekend with confidence tho!:)

Exeter play host to a tired looking Huddersfield tonight and gives me a opportunity to project a bit of managerial experience on my old 106 friend Mr Culer. I have a feeling Forest will struggle at Colchester, so a result for me could see the Grecians finish the day in 10th spot ;)