English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

next 3 games newcastle' date=' coventry, peterborough 2 hard games and a nailed on 3 points to cap it off. :D:D[/color']

I've got a tough run-in myself,

Middlesborough (H), then Barnsley (H) (Last 16 Shield) followed by Newcastle (H) & then Bristol City (A)

I've got just 87k left, but with 3 home games in a row i'll have plenty of funds to keep on making sure that i've never gone in debt this season, with the t/b's starting to run out on Sunday

I've got a tough run-in myself' date='

Middlesborough (H), then Barnsley (H) (Last 16 Shield) followed by Newcastle (H) & then Bristol City (A)

I've got just 87k left, but with 3 home games in a row i'll have plenty of funds to keep on making sure that i've never gone in debt this season, with the t/b's starting to run out on Sunday[/font']

Play dirty against Middlesbrough, want to see some injuries..:D

next 3 games newcastle' date=' coventry, peterborough 2 hard games and a nailed on 3 points to cap it off. :D:D[/color']

Look at my recent form Matt, you might think wrong..

Guest Ciaranmc2k10

haha ' date=' well im talking real not friendlys :P[/quote']

im talking real cause we are MIGHTY BRISTOL ROVERS

Was doing some thinking and I want to try and do a team of the turn for division 1 every turn so twice a week.

I was just wondering what factors I should take into account when doing it.

Eg 1 point for MOTM, 1 point for a goal scored, 1 point for clean sheet etc

Anyone have any more ideas about what I should take into account?

managed to beat Tiësto Derby 2-1 away from home :eek:

Was expecting more to avoid defeat as he has some 87+ players while my highest is 85

The win keeps me in 4th position (3 goals from going 3rd). 2nd isn't out of reach. Only 2 points behind Norwich.

Up next a home game against 11th place Southampton

Quite confident of coming out with a win but you never know with the SM match engine.

You know you're addicted to SM when you have to pay £1 at Manchester Airport to log on and see your most important results....

Yes! Beat Ed's Brighton 2-1 thanks to a brilliant half-time team-talk which inspired a second-half revival. My beloved Argies get the job done' date=' with Castillejos and Castro both getting on the scoresheet to leapfrog Ed into second place. Was a pretty even game and I'm pleased that the match engine didn't give a funny result. Ed shaved the battle of possession and had three more shots, but obviously didn't make the most of them, which is perfectly plausible.

Now Jinx, I'm gunning for you! :D[/quote']

Would agree with this, even though according to the stats i had more possession and more shots but my players played worse than my opposition? Poor finishing I guess. The score line is entirely plausable - often see teams have the slight upper hand and go on to lose. What this does suggest tho is that player ratings are off kilter, which could mean player form is less than reliable.

Well done mate, its a good win for you, and as we agreed yesterday its good to get a result for one of us rather than a draw - plus the result can't be placed at the feet of the ME. I thought you would go with one of two formations last night and in the end you surprised me completely and played a way you havent in the league all season so well done - a gamble that paid off?

Bring it' date=' cowboy. :D Shrewsbury will never slip-up.

I guess we know that March isn't Ed's month - 3 lost matches so far. I still think he'll get promoted though.[/quote']

Now this i prefer, the pressure of being top and unbeaten for me is well worn off now. Essentially level with Andy but 1 goal apart on diff, and five points off Jinx and top spot, i'm not out of the title race by any mean.

Oh and word of warning - the manager of the month award was when it all started to go downhill for me so i will be voting for one of the two of you! :)

I hadnt realised adam had left birmingham its not a bad squad either.

I left this morning as I hadn't been on in 11 days. I am not as active as much because of fifa ultimate team so I thought it would be better if someone else took over.

I left this morning as I hadn't been on in 11 days. I am not as active as much because of fifa ultimate team so I thought it would be better if someone else took over.

I still find time to play ultimate team, and still sign in everyday on here.. :rolleyes: