English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

cheers for the comments lads - to be honest its jabs like this from Dave that make we wanna give it my best. Therefore I cant say goodbye to SM but I think i will probably dump all my teams other than the EC5579 Brighton and 4 regions challenge Watford.

I said i would give it to the end of week - and will sadly miss my Accrington Stanley' date=' Notts Forest and Real Madrid (so much work gone in!!!!!!) not too bothered about Blackburn, Colchester and Man City. Time is really tight right now what with two jobs, two kids and being foster carers, (and the kill, pull or marry thread)i'm stretching myself too thin.

But like i say - thanks for all the comments lads - really helps!:)

I meant to say the other day mate, it would be shame if you did quit, it really would. I know SM can be quite time-consuming if you like to put a lot of effort into yours teams like I'm sure you do, but you will still reap the rewards by simply setting your tactics every Wednesday and Saturday. If and when things quieten down in the real world, then perhaps you will be able to devote a little bit more time to the mighty Seagulls.

Anyway, glad you're sticking around. :)

Another win

:D

Best Ipswich away 2-1 as they look certainties for relegation.

Tables not updated yet, hope i move up at least a position :o

Gibson with a goal, and Pereyra with the winner. Kone phenomenal once again :)

BTW Tom, time for an update of the super challenge???

& Also something a little different earlier with my M/R, "Team Mates with Stephen Warnock" :P

Guest Ciaranmc2k10

Not a bad result drew 0-0 with Arsenal' date=' United up next:D[/quote']

Won 1-0 WOOHOO Engblom got the goal WOOOHOOO:)

Another win

:D

Best Ipswich away 2-1 as they look certainties for relegation.

Tables not updated yet' date=' hope i move up at least a position :o

Gibson with a goal, and Pereyra with the winner. Kone phenomenal once again :)

BTW Tom, time for an update of the super challenge???

& Also something a little different earlier with my M/R, "Team Mates with Stephen Warnock" :P[/font']

hey me and you must be doing pretty decent in that as were team mates and all. :)

I lost! I couldn't get on to set my tactics! Had been up since 4:50AM and feel asleep at about 4:45PM this afternoon. Woke up just before to football came on and tried to get onto the PC, but the stupid internet is playing up again. Taken me an hour to get on to see i've lost 3-1. And on top of that (Yeah SM would have to p me off even more, right?) Danny Guthrie is injured. :(

Well it looks like i'm staying in 5th spot, but i've gained 3 points on Newcastle who lost to Coventry. Also gained some points on 7th spot with Brian loosing.

Santa Cruz was rested aswell, and Jagielka & O'Hara both weren't used so i've got some fuel left in the tank yet.

Next up Watford at home :o Play-off rivals, at home though so i'll be looking for the win. A win here will put me above them, so it's a crucial match. Would settle for a draw though.

Yes.

Hammered Gozzy's charlton 4-0 thanks to a double from Dominguez and goals from Petrov and Vitale sealed the win. The victory came at a cost as Rivas is now injured.

Anyway the win should move me a place or two up.

Now only 1 point behind Chalton and I hope that I can build on this win and go on a successful run

Well it looks like i'm staying in 5th spot' date=' but i've gained 3 points on Newcastle who lost to Coventry. Also gained some points on 7th spot with Brian loosing.

Santa Cruz was rested aswell, and Jagielka & O'Hara both weren't used so i've got some fuel left in the tank yet.

Next up Watford at home :o Play-off rivals, at home though so i'll be looking for the win. A win here will put me above them, so it's a crucial match. Would settle for a draw though.[/font']

Its safe to say its going to go to the wire for promotion spots.

Its safe to say its going to go to the wire for promotion spots.

Certainly' date='

After their win today over Newcastle, Coventry are huge favourites for automatic promotion.

Then theirs Newcastle, Watford, QPR, Swansea, Leicester, Sheffield United, Middlesborough & Bristol City all with reasonable chances of promotion. Preston, Peterborough & Reading are all outsiders for promotion, will be very interesting especialy in the last few turns.

To be honest, and not the first time this season, i'm kicking myself for the terrible start to the season[/font']

Certainly' date='

After their win today over Newcastle, Coventry are huge favourites for automatic promotion.

Then theirs Newcastle, Watford, QPR, Swansea, Leicester, Sheffield United, Middlesborough & Bristol City all with reasonable chances of promotion. Preston, Peterborough & Reading are all outsiders for promotion, will be very interesting especialy in the last few turns.

To be honest, and not the first time this season, i'm kicking myself for the terrible start to the season[/font']

count my sheff utd team out of that,they ve gone from world better to lap dogs..

Could someone tell me if the tables are updated as I quite cant understand how the tables are showing that I dropped down the table.

They haven't been updated just yet,

& Brian your certainly in the race for the play-offs, you've got some great quality you've just got to find some consistant form

I've got too say that the form off the top 6 or so in divison 2 is quiet phenomenal, I've won so many games since a poor start but i'm only 5th :eek:

I lost! I couldn't get on to set my tactics! Had been up since 4:50AM and feel asleep at about 4:45PM this afternoon. Woke up just before to football came on and tried to get onto the PC, but the stupid internet is playing up again. Taken me an hour to get on to see i've lost 3-1. And on top of that (Yeah SM would have to p me off even more, right?) Danny Guthrie is injured. :(

They haven't been updated just yet' date='

& Brian your certainly in the race for the play-offs, you've got some great quality you've just got to find some consistant form

I've got too say that the form off the top 6 or so in divison 2 is quiet phenomenal, I've won so many games since a poor start but i'm only 5th :eek:[/quote']

Ok. First time I have seen it take so long.

I lost! I couldn't get on to set my tactics! Had been up since 4:50AM and feel asleep at about 4:45PM this afternoon. Woke up just before to football came on and tried to get onto the PC' date=' but the stupid internet is playing up again. Taken me an hour to get on to see i've lost 3-1. And on top of that (Yeah SM would have to p me off even more, right?) Danny Guthrie is injured. :([/quote']

Unlucky, but once again to get mid-table for a squad like Peterborough is very good.

You aren't infact the joint 3rd lowest valued team in the division, joint with Crystal Palace although i think you have funds to spend. So great management is certainly needed for you to reach mid-table.

Although i had a few injuries at the start of the season. I'm injury & suspension free for the moment (Bar Jordan Spence :rolleyes:) and i'm loving it whilst i can.

Unlucky' date=' but once again to get mid-table for a squad like Peterborough is very good.

You aren't infact the joint 3rd lowest valued team in the division, joint with Crystal Palace although i think you have funds to spend. So great management is certainly needed for you to reach mid-table.

Although i had a few injuries at the start of the season. I'm injury & suspension free for the moment (Bar Jordan Spence :rolleyes:) and i'm loving it whilst i can.[/quote']

Yeah, after that run at the end of the firs half of the season i set the standards sky high, and after all these defeats starting to be weary of something I'm doing wrong. I have targets i just don't know who to get. I look at the stats and predict future ratings but then i have second thoughts. I have a average team, but i need to start winning as i want Andy's full respect for finishing in the top half of the table. ;)