English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

7 days untill the big one!

Two league games untill then, first up an off-form but still quality Sheffield United managed by Brian. Before playing Chazza's Doncaster with a weak side set to play.

4 points will be more than enough for me (As long as i win the Cup Semi-Final)

The offer for Stephen KELLY of Bayern München from Brighton and Hove Albion has been accepted. The transfer will be completed shortly

can play LB or RB, thanks for the heads up there SwanseaJack - really appreciate it. Looks like you got decent value for your PX on tha other player so were all winners!:)

The offer for Stephen KELLY of Bayern München from Brighton and Hove Albion has been accepted. The transfer will be completed shortly

can play LB or RB' date=' thanks for the heads up there SwanseaJack - really appreciate it. Looks like you got decent value for your PX on tha other player so were all winners!:)[/quote']

Yeh, got as much as would from external (If i got anything from external

:rolleyes:) for Nouri.

A young 82 RB, just reviewed - wont rise, for an experienced WELSH :D RB who should rise.

Sam Ricketts returns to Swansea, M/R on it's way :)

doing a sweep of some of the players still available now that TB's have ended is shocking - theres are tons of top notch players out there! Theres some absolute bargains to be had at the £8m to £10m area for you big fellas and tons of lower league wonders!

Either no one has any money at all or the notion of some good value PX's just hasnt dropped to loads of us!

Its a totally different transfer market out there than it was at the start - some are exploiting that but most are not on the ball at the minute. I gets the feeling this is where things could be won or lost this season!

:)

now if i could just get some external bids in....

doing a sweep of some of the players still available now that TB's have ended is shocking - theres are tons of top notch players out there! Theres some absolute bargains to be had at the £8m to £10m area for you big fellas and tons of lower league wonders!

Either no one has any money at all or the notion of some good value PX's just hasnt dropped to loads of us!

Its a totally different transfer market out there than it was at the start - some are exploiting that but most are not on the ball at the minute. I gets the feeling this is where things could be won or lost this season!

:)

now if i could just get some external bids in....

It's not only where things are won or lost for this season' date=' it's where things are won or lost throughout the time at the setup.

I've picked up Fran Merida, Jack Cork & James Tomkins from external, these players wont be leaving Swansea for under £10,000,000.

Whilst managers who haven't go their eye on the ball wont have these talents in future seasons.

Matej Delac is availible!!! but no major club seems to want him :confused:

The likes of Fraizer campbell have been at external!

For bigger clubs i could give you a couple of names, but i want them to stay at external for the time being :)

I wont be doing any buisness for the time being though despite having a few million in the bank, untill Kone comes off his T/B in just 3 days[/font']

Just incase nobody knew, or hadn't been on to notice for a couple of days i've signed both Zavon Hines and Fraizer Campbell for a combined fee of £5.7m. In addition to this i sent Aaron McLean and Craig Mackail-Smith out on loan to both Shorpe and MK Dons respectively as i had them up for sale for nearly 2 weeks without a external bid, this will mean at the start of next season i should have an extra estimated 6m if i can sell both of them as i couldn't find a buyer recently.

Delighted.:D If the bid goes through then I will only need one more first team player for my squad to be complete.

That's a great signing for you' date='

You may say you need another player to complete your team but it's well over complete.

For a side like Pompy you've brought in some great players and although your struggling in the league you've got a good enough squad to be battling right at the top of the league.

If a side like yours is 18th, then any club that is coming up into divison 1 next season needs to watch out.[/font']

That's a great signing for you' date='

You may say you need another player to complete your team but it's well over complete.

For a side like Pompy you've brought in some great players and although your struggling in the league you've got a good enough squad to be battling right at the top of the league.

If a side like yours is 18th, then any club that is coming up into divison 1 next season needs to watch out.[/font']

Thanks. For some reason my tactics haven't really been working over the past month or so but now with better players coming in I'm hoping I can survive.:) I reckon it's going to be really tight near the bottom come the end of the season and there are about 7 or 8 teams who could still go down if they aren't careful.

Thanks. For some reason my tactics haven't really been working over the past month or so but now with better players coming in I'm hoping I can survive.:) I reckon it's going to be really tight near the bottom come the end of the season and there are about 7 or 8 teams who could still go down if they aren't careful.

With 13 games remaining in the season' date=' it looks like there's five major issues to be settled.

[b']1) Divison 1 - The chasing pack[/b]

With Liverpool looking certainties to win the league. A chasing pack is surrounding in the hunt for 2nd spot.

In with a shout: Sunderland, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Villa, Blackburn, Everton

Currently: Sunderland

My Prediction: Sunderland

2) Divison 1 - The fight for survival

Stoke look down, but the other two spots are yet to be settled despite a five point gap between 17th and 18th.

In with a shout: Hull, Portsmouth, West Ham, Wolves, Burnley, Birmingham, Fulham, Wigan

Currently: Hull, Portsmouth

My Prediction: Hull, Burnley

3) Divison 2 - The race to the play-offs

Coventry & QPR are currently the top two but they could still reach the play-offs. Half of the league could as it currently stands, in what is set to be a major issue to be settled.

In with a shout: Coventry, QPR, Newcastle, Watford, Swansea, Leicester, Middlesborough, Bristol City, Sheffield United, Preston, Peterborough, Doncaster

Currently: Newcastle, Watford, Swansea, Leicester

My Prediction: QPR, Swansea, Leicester, Newcastle

4) Divison 3 - The final relegation spot

Despite Elliot Sutcliffe taking over Oldham they look to be down, the same with Huddersfield. But with the final relegation spot open to anyone, it is a major issue to be settled

In with a shout: Tranmere, Exeter, Crusty Rusty's, Brentford, Bristol Rovers, Wycombe, Leeds, Colchester, Southend

Currently: Tranmere

My Prediction: Crusty Rusty's

5) Divison 4 - Automatic promotion

The major three have emerged in Divison 4, in Shrewsbury, Hartlepool & Brighton. All with great managers, all with great squads, but only two can go up automatically.

In with a shout: Shrewbury, Hartlepool, Brighton

Currently: Shrewbury, Hartlepool

My Prediction: Shrewbury, Hartlepool

My Prediction: Crusty Rusty's

Still amkes me chuckle - in awe that the guy thinks he can over Bail advice!!!

5) Divison 4 - Automatic promotion

The major three have emerged in Divison 4' date=' in Shrewsbury, Hartlepool & Brighton. All with great managers, all with great squads, but only two can go up automatically.

[b']In with a shout:[/b] Shrewbury, Hartlepool, Brighton

Currently: Shrewbury, Hartlepool

My Prediction: Shrewbury, Hartlepool

I like being the underdog - I play Shrewsbury tomorrow night - easy three points for me there, eh Jinx. Then its tighter than Jessica Alba's butt in cycling shorts....trapped in lift doors....whilst she's clenching.

I still fancy my Brighton for automatic promotion, but then I am bias. :)

I like being the underdog - I play Shrewsbury tomorrow night - easy three points for me there' date=' eh Jinx. Then its tighter than Jessica Alba's butt in cycling shorts....trapped in lift doors....whilst she's clenching.

I still fancy my Brighton for automatic promotion, but then I am bias. :)[/quote']

Nah, I definately agree with Aidan's analysis - excellent work! :D

Would quite like you to get some sort of a result tomorrow night so I can (hopefully) close the gap on Jinx even further. That being said, I do have tricky tie away to Yeovil, so my game is by no means a three point banker. Make sure you take an in depth look at Jinx's recent fixtures, because he's been on holiday recently. He might be susceptible to some well-thought-out tactics. ;)

P.S. Thank you for that terrific mental picture of Jessica Alba. I forgot where I was for a while...

Still amkes me chuckle - in awe that the guy thinks he can over Bail advice!!!

I like being the underdog - I play Shrewsbury tomorrow night - easy three points for me there' date=' eh Jinx. Then its tighter than Jessica Alba's butt in cycling shorts....trapped in lift doors....whilst she's clenching.

I still fancy my Brighton for automatic promotion, but then I am bias. :)[/quote']

Ha :D

I'd actually say that you have more quality in your squad, then Andy does with his Hartlepool. But in all honesty i can't see them loosing in any of their remaining games the way their playing.

Ha :D

I'd actually say that you have more quality in your squad' date=' then Andy does with his Hartlepool. But in all honesty i can't see them loosing in any of their remaining games the way their playing.[/quote']

Then grab some popcorn, put your feet up and watch as I reel them both in. :)

Form is temporary, as i well know!

Nah' date=' I definately agree with Aidan's analysis - excellent work! :D

Would quite like you to get some sort of a result tomorrow night so I can (hopefully) close the gap on Jinx even further. That being said, I do have tricky tie away to Yeovil, so my game is by no means a three point banker. Make sure you take an in depth look at Jinx's recent fixtures, because he's been on holiday recently. He might be susceptible to some well-thought-out tactics. ;)

P.S. Thank you for that terrific mental picture of Jessica Alba. I forgot where I was for a while...[/quote']

I always take an in depth look mate. Im all over it. Expect ot be closer to Jinx just after 8 pm tomorrow eve. B)

I always take an in depth look mate. Im all over it. Expect ot be closer to Jinx just after 8 pm tomorrow eve. B)

Good man, I like your confidence. I don't know where Jinx is right now, but I reckon he just got a sudden wave of worry pass over him, as he sunbathes next to a swimming pool. :D

It's not only where things are won or lost for this season' date=' it's where things are won or lost throughout the time at the setup.

I've picked up Fran Merida, Jack Cork & James Tomkins from external, these players wont be leaving Swansea for under £10,000,000.

Whilst managers who haven't go their eye on the ball wont have these talents in future seasons.

Matej Delac is availible!!! but no major club seems to want him :confused:

The likes of Fraizer campbell have been at external!

For bigger clubs i could give you a couple of names, but i want them to stay at external for the time being :)

I wont be doing any buisness for the time being though despite having a few million in the bank, untill Kone comes off his T/B in just 3 days[/font']

I want him (delac) i pm'd chewis but no reply :confused:

Still haven't recieved a bid from external's for my players since I took over! :mad:

I need to get rid of them......

me too mate - had two players listed for well over a week now. Some one, forget who, said that they had recieved no bids for over two weeks! Don't know about you but I have decided to PX against my targets as i cant wait any longer and need to strengthen in two areas. As SwanseaJack demonstrated earlier - theres some very good deals to be had.

Good man' date=' I like your confidence. I don't know where Jinx is right now, but I reckon he just got a sudden wave of worry pass over him, as he sunbathes next to a swimming pool. :D[/quote']

Where ever he is mate, hyou can be sure he is SM-ing. He's completed signing a couple and selling a couple today - dont be fooled by his silence, he watches like a ninja cat in the shadows!