English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Still haven't recieved a bid from external's for my players since I took over! :mad:

I need to get rid of them......

I've loaned Craig Mackail-Smith and Aaron McLean out as i couldn't get any bids for them. So i hope at the end of the season i can get some externals on them if they're not going to be placed on them at the moment. :o

Where ever he is mate' date=' hyou can be sure he is SM-ing. He's completed signing a couple and selling a couple today - dont be fooled by his silence, he watches like a ninja cat in the shadows![/quote']

Wherever he is he is SM'ing. He's still at the top and he should still win the league despite his absence on the forum.

In this setup especially not getting external bids will be my un-doing :mad:

Wherever he is he is SM'ing. He's still at the top and he should still win the league despite his absence on the forum.

In this setup especially not getting external bids will be my un-doing :mad:

Yeah he is active. He signed Lorenzo Ariaudo infront of my eyes. Great signing! And while we are at signings, I've got bids for 2 risers and an accepted bid for Carlos Martins.

Yeah he is active. He signed Lorenzo Ariaudo infront of my eyes. Great signing! And while we are at signings' date=' I've got bids for 2 risers and an accepted bid for Carlos Martins.[/quote']

Speaking of transfer news: Darren Pratley is for sale at CV.

He'll rise, no question, but i really don't need him at CM and i'm looking at a winger to replace him.

What an amazing signing' date=' didn't even know that he was at external

:eek:

You can show that to Brian Clough, and the Crusty Rusty's :D[/font']

Yeah, hopefully he will put the sting to win the title back in my team. I'm tempted to send Brian another message syaing I have signed Tevez is he a spectacular enough player in your standards?:P

What an amazing signing' date=' didn't even know that he was at external

:eek:

You can show that to Brian Clough, and the Crusty Rusty's :D[/font']

Well done Bail - good work there and an excellent signing.

Anyone else thinking Bail is the contender for Manager of the Year?

Meanwhile The Crusty Rustys wont recognise that as a marquee siging - his transfer is nothing compared to his signing of 41 year old Paul Furlong.B)

Meanwhile The Crusty Rustys wont recognise that as a marquee siging - his transfer is nothing compared to his signing of 41 year old Paul Furlong.B)

Cheers mate means alot to me. And to be honest I'd have Furlong over Tevez anyday, I mean who wouldn't?:P.

Gary Speed is his marquee signing,

Although not playing since November 2008, :D

interestingly you can no longer sell players once the RET appears next to their name- something i painfully discovered in the 4 Regions challenge - so his squad is gonna be absolutely barren by the end of the season - someone please do a screen grab of his squad when that happens.

Oxford English will be doing a special print run to commemorate, the Brian Clough version will exclude a breakdown of the word "FAIL" and simply replace it with a picture of his squad.

Can i request that anyone who makes an almighty hash of something in EC5579 gets the Brian Clough award - or even easier - we can say "he's pulled a Gillingham"

interestingly you can no longer sell players once the RET appears next to their name- something i painfully discovered in the 4 Regions challenge - so his squad is gonna be absolutely barren by the end of the season - someone please do a screen grab of his squad when that happens.

Oxford English will be doing a special print run to commemorate' date=' the Brian Clough version will exclude a breakdown of the word "FAIL" and simply replace it with a picture of his squad.

Can i request that anyone who makes an almighty hash of something in EC5579 gets the Brian Clough award - or even easier - we can say "he's pulled a Gillingham"[/quote']

It's RTD

:P

The only player in the setup to get an RTD is Edgar Davids at Doncaster to my knowledge.

I think we should have a Brian Clough award, and when anybody sells a riser on the cheap or buys someone who Retires then they should get given a Brian Clough Award - A Unique feature to 5579.

Somebody should be in charge of the Brian Clough awards, and post an M/R on the other thread giving the Brian Clough award to whoever it is. I would be happy to be in charge of the Brian Clough awards, but if Ed or anyone else wants to do it i'd be happy with that.

It's RTD

:P

The only player in the setup to get an RTD is Edgar Davids at Doncaster to my knowledge.

I think we should have a Brian Clough award' date=' and when anybody sells a riser on the cheap or buys someone who Retires then they should get given a Brian Clough Award - A Unique feature to 5579.

Somebody should be in charge of the Brian Clough awards, and post an M/R on the other thread giving the Brian Clough award to whoever it is. I would be happy to be in charge of the Brian Clough awards, but if Ed or anyone else wants to do it i'd be happy with that.[/font']

Crpies your really auditing my work today mate! Cheers, im a little all over the shop!

I meant cripes but lets see how on the ball you are!

Hows about we do a monthly award and simply tag it to the Player of the Month voting. Would be best if we all had a vote on it - plus the banter could be good! Clearly the first award is already decided tho!

Crpies your really auditing my work today mate! Cheers' date=' im a little all over the shop!

I meant cripes but lets see how on the ball you are!

Hows about we do a monthly award and simply tag it to the Player of the Month voting. Would be best if we all had a vote on it - plus the banter could be good! Clearly the first award is already decided tho!

Orite lets do it monthly.

It would be best if we did it on the 5579 group, rather than in a poll though.

Well there's only really one left to do (April) before what would be the seasonal one - Mid May.

I think there should be a M/R summarising with who's one the manager of the month aswell as the Brian Clough award. It isn't needed, but might be a nice additon.