English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Brighton - The return!

YES! Beat Jinx's top of the table Shrewsbury 3-0!

I still believe I can win the division.

And I refuse to be beaten.

Oh cripes, why did i go and say that!

Swindon look to be mounting a challenge, Bradfords form may have come to late but its still all to play for.

Good luck to you all.

Seasons beginning to go pear shaped, despite me having low expectations at the start of the season i've now got huge expectations going into the latter stages of the season. But results aren't coming my way now. Top half finish is what i want most but a play off place would be incredible.

Ipswich game was a let down last night losing 2-1 thanks to a Connor Wickham brace. And it doesn't get any better, Watford next, a point would be nice but I'm not ruling out going for the full whammy.

Campbell had a disappointing debut and didn't do a Tevez and score and set up a goal. He didn't do either. Got a relatively poor rating of 6 even though he's been to be the best player after Kuszczak on my team.

Had a couple of handy rises from the Uruguayan changes today:

Santiago Fosgt arrow-ne1.png4 to 80.

Marcel Roman arrow-ne1.png2 to 82

Fosgt remains about 4th/5th choice CB, but should make a healthy £1.5m profit when he leaves. Roman was already starting but is now the undisputed choice at RM, and he should bring about a lovely £2.5m profit when his TB ends. :)

Had a couple of handy rises from the Uruguayan changes today:

Santiago Fosgt arrow-ne1.png4 to 80.

Marcel Roman arrow-ne1.png2 to 82

Fosgt remains about 4th/5th choice CB' date=' but should make a healthy £1.5m profit when he leaves. Roman was already starting but is now the undisputed choice at RM, and he should bring about a lovely £2.5m profit when his TB ends. :)[/quote']

Got two risers today as well.

Matías MIERarrow-ne1.png 8 to 80

Gastón RAMIREZ arrow-ne1.png 6 to 82

Delighted with these risers and expecting a lot more in the next couple of days. :):)

The offer for Juhani OJALA of HJK from Brighton and Hove Albion has been accepted. The transfer will be completed shortly

The offer for Eemeli REPONEN of Inter Turku from Brighton and Hove Albion has been accepted. The transfer will be completed shortly

The offer for Dominik ROHRACKER of Bayern München II from Brighton and Hove Albion has been accepted. The transfer will be completed shortly

I wont lie - their each a gamble but should see some rising there. Probably not as big a gamble as :-

Arik YANKO has moved to Brighton and Hove Albion from Portsmouth on a deal believed to be around £15,000

but time will tell!!

Got two risers today as well.

Matías MIERarrow-ne1.png 8 to 80

Gastón RAMIREZ arrow-ne1.png 6 to 82

Delighted with these risers and expecting a lot more in the next couple of days. :):)

You have made some excellent signings there at Millwall and beat me to a few targets aswell.:P

You have made some excellent signings there at Millwall and beat me to a few targets aswell.:P

You've bet me to quite a few as well

I still remember at the start of the season you stole quite a few risers from Argentina off me. :rolleyes:

i agree with this - everytime i find a target theres Millwall or Watford waving back at me!

Lol sorry about that first come first serve. ;)

You've bet me to quite a few as well

I still remember at the start of the season you stole quite a few risers from Argentina off me. :rolleyes:

HA! Now THIS, I find funny, especially with the use of wording, "stole". When I arrived in the set-up a week or two late, 90% of the Argentina risers had gone, many of whom wouldn't even be known to the forum if it wasn't for me (and Tom, to be fair). If anyone's being stole from, it's me! ;):P

HA! Now THIS' date=' I find funny, especially with the use of wording, "stole". When I arrived in the set-up a week or two late, 90% of the Argentina risers had gone, many of whom wouldn't even be known to the forum if it wasn't for me (and Tom, to be fair). If anyone's being stole from, it's me! ;):P[/quote']

I will admit openly that i pillaged your knowledge to get some players mate - you did the finding i did the buying!

I cant promise i wont do it again either:p, but i'm conviced that the best scouts - and i include you in that Andy - keep a couple of "specials" all to themselves. Cant say I blame ya, waht with robbers like me around!:)

oh, and told you I was taking a score down on Jinx didnt I!

I will admit openly that i pillaged your knowledge to get some players mate - you did the finding i did the buying!

I cant promise i wont do it again either:p' date=' but i'm conviced that the best scouts - and i include you in that Andy - keep a couple of "specials" all to themselves. Cant say I blame ya, waht with robbers like me around!:)

oh, and told you I was taking a score down on Jinx didnt I![/quote']

Haha, that's alright. That's the whole point of doing what we do, to help out people in set-ups like these where it's so hard to pick up good players. And yeh, you're right - there's plenty out there just waiting to hit the DB. ;)

You sure did; I never doubted you! Makes things very interesting for the rest of the season - one more slip up from Jinx and it's a wide open title race (if it isn't already).

HA! Now THIS' date=' I find funny, especially with the use of wording, "stole". When I arrived in the set-up a week or two late, 90% of the Argentina risers had gone, many of whom wouldn't even be known to the forum if it wasn't for me (and Tom, to be fair). If anyone's being stole from, it's me! ;):P[/quote']

Tbh mate most of the time I use soccerway to find risers.

The only time I use the forum is to enquire how good the player might be in the future

And thanks for the advice on Bertoglio

I've sold some players and got some much needed cash. Here's the players that I've sold:

Guillem BAUZA has completed his move to Ponferradina from Shorpe United for £1,497,600.

Ricardo VAZ TE has shocked Shorpe United fans by moving to Feirense for £2,641,800.

Godoy Cruz have managed to sign Mark GOWER from Shorpe United on a deal believed to be around £3,100,700.

Reggina have managed to sign Maik TAYLOR from Shorpe United on a deal believed to be around £3,297,000.

Felpeto JORDI LOPEZ has moved to Rayo Vallecano from Shorpe United on a deal believed to be around £3,475,500.

Shorpe United have sold Gómez ABEL to Xerez on a deal believed to be around £4,128,000.

José María GUTI has moved to Real Madrid from Shorpe United on a deal believed to be around £11,587,600. :D

Now I plan to spend the money wisely and I've bought some players with that 4m that I already had. :)

Juan CALA has completed his move to Shorpe United from Sevilla for £475,000 plus Barreto ANDERSON.

Stefanos SIONTIS has completed his move to Shorpe United from Kavala for £375,000

Isaac BECERRA has completed his move to Shorpe United from Panionios in a swap deal for Sam SLOCOMBE

Leonidas ARGYROPOULOS has completed his move to Shorpe United from Asteras Tripolis for £900,000 plus Iván BENÍTEZ

Dimitris MACHAIRAS has completed his move to Shorpe United from Levadiakos for £10,000

Overall, I'm quite pleased with the transfers. :)