English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

:eek: Wasn't expecting that... Thanks to everyone that voted for me. :eek::o:)

Must have been tight between you and Shorpe.

Glad you got it though' date=' as i voted for you. Thoroughly deserved.

As for me, i've got a bid accepted for Andrew Keogh who will join as a back-up winger.

He joins for 275k & Wes Hoolahan. I like Hoolahan but it was such a good deal, for Keogh who i believe has got a great future ahead of him. Possibly getting more action next season.

My only concern is that he might get a position change to Fwd, from Fwd/Wing which would really be a huge blow for me as i've signed him to be a winger.

I'm liking how my squad is forming, although i wont be happy untill i can get rid of some of my earlier buys which although are risers i'd rather have a British based squad then some randomers with high ratings.

On a final note, less than 24 hours untill the Shield Final! Hoping for some magic from Agbonlahor and co.[/center']

This months manager's of the month:

Division 1: Sunderland (11/13 votes)

Division 2: Doncaster (4/13 votes)

Division 3: Millwall (7/13 votes)

Division 4: Brighton (8/13 votes)

Thanks a lot to everyone who voted for me. Didn't expect it considering ive been knocked off top spot but i need to try and find some form and put some daylight between me and Charlton.

Thanks very much for the votes folks - my second manager of the month award! absolutely delighted, last time i won it i said it was cursed -my unbeaten run came crashing to an end and i dropped like a stone from comfortably top to third! Heres hoping i can kick the "curse" into touch this time.

Once again, thank you for your votes - it really does flatter me!

Reicieved an offer from Sheffield Utd for Defoe of £11m' date=' if you want him then beat that offer. Accepting later today.[/font']

i really want him but i cant get the cash together :o

Im bolton take a look there isnt much there :o

True. You have quality players but most are either TB or i dont need them.

Does anyone think either Bojan or Zarate will be good buys. Im looking for a striker to replace Defoe' date=' will Bojan or Zarate rise? Cheers.[/font']

Does anyone think either Bojan or Zarate will be good buys. Im looking for a striker to replace Defoe' date=' will Bojan or Zarate rise? Cheers.[/font']

Stay away from Zarate. There are problems looming under the surface at Lazio between Zarate/his agent and Reja/Lotito. He hasn't been the force that he was last season and Reja (Lazio coach) is using him as a squad rotation/substitute player.

You cannot sign Bojan as Barca will be competing in the SMFA cup.

would sign Zarate after he drops as he is 93+ potential IMO.

Guest Ciaranmc2k10

Been offered the Bristol Rovers job' date=' which I shall be rejecting at 8PM later tonight. I'll throw in a reminder later today, so all those who are interested in joining the set-up should watch closely.[/quote']

Are they that bad m8 I no you have a top notch squad but are they that bad

Thanks to everyone who voted on me. Really appericiate it :)

Are they that bad m8 I no you have a top notch squad but are they that bad

Are you saying I should accept? Throwing away all the hard work I've put into Hartlepool? Perhaps you don't know just how highly I rate players like Marco Perez and Sebastian Emanuel Gonzalez - I'm not gonna be leaving them behind.

Guest Ciaranmc2k10

Are you saying I should accept? Throwing away all the hard work I've put into Hartlepool? Perhaps you don't know just how highly I rate players like Marco Perez and Sebastian Emanuel Gonzalez - I'm not gonna be leaving them behind.

I said are they that bad.I knew you would never leave them but I was asking are that bad

I said are they that bad.I knew you would never leave them but I was asking are that bad

I wouldn't care if it was Barcelona I had on offer - I'm not leaving Hartlepool. The state of Bristol Rovers has nothing whatsoever to do with my decision.

Guest Ciaranmc2k10

I wouldn't care if it was Barcelona I had on offer - I'm not leaving Hartlepool. The state of Bristol Rovers has nothing whatsoever to do with my decision.

I mean are they a bad team what I did with them even if you werent offered them

I mean are they a bad team what I did with them even if you werent offered them

You really need to explain yourself more clearly. Proper punctuation and grammar might be a start. Apart from a couple of decent players and youngsters, yeh - they're pretty poor.

Guest Ciaranmc2k10

You really need to explain yourself more clearly. Proper punctuation and grammar might be a start. Apart from a couple of decent players and youngsters' date=' yeh - they're pretty poor.[/quote']

Thanks m8:p:D

The offer for Guy DEMEL of Hamburger SV from Sheffield United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed shortly

5m for Guy Demel seem a good deal,sold senderos and got Ridgwell(who l play at left back) and Guy Demel for the senderos fee.Demel is rated at 88 the same as senderos and is a regular for Hamburg and could even go up 1 or stay.wanted english based or english players,but couldnt find the deal l wanted.have to wheel and deal.

Still hoping to bring in a 85-90rated striker,but not having much luck tho have up to 10 m to spend.

Well done to the managers of the month esp the Brighton manager who got his second award of the season.

Mihran Manaysan availible for C/V (175k) should rise when Estonia is reviewed.

Just waiting for SM to confirm what league(s) will be reviewed after Holland, hopefully it's the rest of England. If so, then i'll be making a few purchases.

I've decided to re-list Dorus De Vries on the transfer list once again.

He's been on the transfer list for over a month, and if i don't recieve a bid within a week (May 10th) then i'll send in a support ticket.

I can get a good deal for a few keepers at part exchange, but i'll be loosing out on some money and i wont give in. De Vries although a good keeper, could well be costing me games. And he's my weak link at the moment.