English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

I think the general consensus with Granero is that he'll get lost in the shuffle that is the Florentino Perez revolution. I can't see him cementing a regular spot in the first-team what with the superstars Real currently have in their squad' date=' let alone whoever else they decide to bring in in the summer. [/quote']

He's had a regular spot in the Madrid team this season, if Madrid get David Silva, then he will lose his place. Madrid's main targets are a CM/DM, a LB and a LW. If Silva come's in he'll be the back up LW/LAM. Perez and Valdano are still going with the Zidanes y Pavones philosophy, so he won't be sold.

Meanwhile Pedro is already taking the torch away from Henry and shall fully take it away from him next year as he becomes the out and out first choice in his position. Pedro will be 92/93' date=' maybe even more, before Granero gets to 90/91.[/quote']

Well, I agree, but Barca are chasing David Villa and Recent reports (from Marca :rolleyes:) are claiming a deal is agreed. With more and more reports each day, if he does come in, then Pedro will find himself back on the bench.

I have watched all the Real games this season and for that matters' date=' Barca's too. So, I know how Granero performs. He is slowing up Real's tempo and I never notice him in a game.[/quote']

I don't know which games you've been watching then.. :rolleyes:

He's had a regular spot in the Madrid team this season' date=' if Madrid get David Silva, then he will lose his place. Madrid's main targets are a CM/DM, a LB and a LW. If Silva come's in he'll be the back up LW/LAM. Perez and Valdano are still going with the Zidanes y Pavones philosophy, so he won't be sold.[/quote']

18 starts suggest that he's not that regular - he's on the bench every other game. If Real do buy someone like Silva, then that number will only go down, and that will rule out a rise to 90/91 for the forseeable future.

Well' date=' I agree, but Barca are chasing David Villa and Recent reports (from Marca :rolleyes:) are claiming a deal is agreed. With more and more reports each day, if he does come in, then Pedro will find himself back on the bench.[/quote']

We'll obviously have to wait and see what happens in the sumemr first, but, with the way that Pedro has performed this season, I'm pretty sure that he'll pick up at least a similar tally of starts to what Granero has this year, probably more. Barca have slowly moulded Pedro into the starter that he is today, and I can't see them giving up and stunting his progress now.

Guest Higgy

As I said' date=' I've been watching all Real's games out in Europe, La Liga and CdR. So, can you give me an example of Granero's so called greatness?[/quote']

I haven't said he's been great, but he's been good and in no way has he slowed down the team's tempo.. He was very good at the start of the season, his form has dropped a bit but he was good lately against Mallorca, in the Madrid Derby he was convincing. He did his job well last night, ran tirelessly down the wing and he had good crosses (including the assist).. He's had many good games..

We'll obviously have to wait and see what happens in the sumemr first' date=' but, with the way that Pedro has performed this season, I'm pretty sure that he'll pick up at least a similar tally of starts to what Granero has this year, probably more. Barca have slowly moulded Pedro into the starter that he is today, and I can't see them giving up and stunting his progress now.[/quote']

Barca will have a new president in the summer, that president's philosophy, whether he'll keep Guardiola as a coach (who's contract runs out), whether he'll go far stars over homegrown talent etc. all depends on who is elected and we'll have to wait and see..

We'll just have to agree to disagree, as I'm leaving now and won't be able to debate further....

The offer for Ryan BENNETT of Aldershot Town from Swansea City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed shortly

Joins for £350,000 & Mirhan Manayasan.

:D What a great signing. Also interest from Brian, but glad to add him to my youth squad.

Dead certain for a 78, if he stays with Peterborough then he'll be a regular at league one and stay around the 78/79 mark. But a move to a higher championship/lower premier league club could see him potentially have a bigger increase, even if he doesn't get game time right away.

He joins the likes of Michael Morrison, Adam Matthews & James Tomkins as my young defenders.

The deal reported to be worth £600,000 involving Jordan CLARKE of Aldershot Town and Queens Park Rangers has been accepted. The transfer will be completed shortly.

Not too bothered about not getting Clarke after signing Bennet. He's got some time at Coventry, but i don't feel he'll keep his place in the team unlike Bennett.

The offer for Ramos MARCOS PAULO of Coritiba from Bolton Wanderers has been accepted. The transfer will be completed shortly.

Another player for the youth team :P need more defensive players though

Completely forgot to let go of Bristol Rovers last night, so I'll reject them later on tonight. If you want to get into the set-up, keep an eye on this thread - next time I post will be when I'm releasing the team.

Guest Higgy

I'm in. Team's in a sorry state atm! Going to be a hard challenge' date=' a fun one at that.[/quote']

Welcome to the setup :)

Guest drseanfitz

I'm in. Team's in a sorry state atm! Going to be a hard challenge' date=' a fun one at that.[/quote']

Oh no!! :D:D

Thanks for the warm welcome lads.

First objective, avoid relegation.

Fitzy, who by the way lads was born in Berlin, but isn't proud of his roots, is a GIT! A very good git at that, and is a transfer Guru.

Guest drseanfitz

First objective' date=' avoid relegation.

Fitzy, who by the way lads was born in Berlin, but isn't proud of his roots, is a GIT! A very good git at that, and is a transfer Guru.

I'm sure half the forum actually believe I'm German(you use to:p)

First objective' date=' avoid relegation.

Fitzy, who by the way lads was born in Berlin, but isn't proud of his roots, is a GIT! A very good git at that, and is a transfer Guru.[/quote']

Welcome. Got a big job on your hands at Bristol Rovers.

I can see you want change your squad a little with a brief look at it. But you'll find it hard to get anything more than C/V from external for the likes of Jo Kuffor.

Welcome. Got a big job on your hands at Bristol Rovers.

I can see you want change your squad a little with a brief look at it. But you'll find it hard to get anything more than C/V from external for the likes of Jo Kuffor.

I know, I'll be more than happy with a bid of CV for all TL players.

Just making my shortlist now, it seems I'll be able to build my squad, with players that I actaully like, once all these new arrivals TB's are up.

Thanks for all the welcomes again. Think I'm going to enjoy this setup. But, 106 will always be my priority.

Big thanks to Andy.

Henri LANSBURY (82) and Gastón RAMIREZ (82) can both go out on loan. Ramirez can stay until his TB is up but I'm not sure how long I'll leave Lansbury on loan as I'm short on CM but I'm trying to cut down the wage bills so I have to send him on loan but I can't guarantee anybody how long he'll be at their clubs for.

As the season comes to close i've got three new arrivals to the loan list.

Joe Allen - 80 Rated CM - A player who i rate very highly, but i'll allow him to go out on loan untill the end of the season

Michael Morrison - 78 Rated RB - A great talent, he's in for a major rise and i may well recall him after doing an assesment of my squad after the British changes. But he's availible for loan at the moment/

Ryan Bennett - 75 Rated CB - Just joined. Another one in for a rise, can go out on loan untill the end of the season as soon as he completes his move.

Any interest?

Guest Ciaranmc2k10

Sorry m8 about that IMO I did get a few decent players couldnt find the right tactic with the club