English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Just three games to go, and it's getting nervy.

Need to pick up all three points tonight, home to WBA. But the game that interests me is Leicester-Bristol City.

I need to make sure i win, but then if Leicester lose then i've gained a place and the pressure for the play-offs switches to Leicester. If Bristol City lose, then i'm just two points in two games away from reaching the play-offs.

Need to win first though. Hoping for Leicester to win in the other game though, and suprised that Lukaku is set for only his 1st appearance tonight.

Also, on the loans front. I'm pretty sure i'll beable to extend the loan deals of Gibson, Tosic & Rafael. But depending on what divison i'm in next season, i may have to look for better loans. If i reach division 1, then i'll need three 87+ loans, but in Divison 2 i'll settle for those three.

Just looking to extend the loan deal of Darron Gibson before anything, and Adam - You can have Grant Holt next season, along with Owain Fon Williams for another year :)

I reckon the next 2 games could make or break my season.

If I can get maximum points from the next 2 games, I think I will stay up but if I lose them both I'm going down. I think,realistically, I need at least 4 points out of the next two games with Man Utd and Arsenal still to play.

I don't mind doing the shortlists for the awards, but is anyone up for the awards.

Including:

Division (1/2/3/4) Manager of the Year

Division (1/2/3/4) Player of the Year

Division (1/2/3/4) Top Goalscorer

Division (1/2/3/4) Most Assists

Division (1/2/3/4) Signing of the Season

Division (1/2/3/4) Bargain of the Season

EC5579 - Best Buisness in the transfer market

EC5579 - For M/R's

EC5579 - Most Work on the Forum

EC5579 - Personality of the Season

EC5579 - Overall Manager of the Year

EC5579 - Overall Player of the Season[/center]

I'm delighted

:D

A great result for me, beating West Brom 3-1, thanks to goals from Ilan, Agbonlahor & Gera.

But even better, Leicester beat Bristol City :D

I'm now 5 points clear of Bristol City, with 3 games remaining. And a superior goal difference to Bristol City, so for me a win from my final three games will do it with Bristol City set to play Queens Park Rangers & Middlesbrough.

I have some tough games though, with Preston, Boro & Leicester to play. There's just four points between 6th (me) and 1st Coventry :eek:

Still a slight chance of reaching automatic promotion, if i can get maximum points from my last three games. If there's nothing to play for with my final game of the season, i may give my first teamers a bit of a rest in mind for the play-offs.

And Tom, anychance of updating the pairs.

Drew 1-1 with Burnley tonight. Bruno Alves has also got himself injured himself for the next two games aswell.:( Great timing.:rolleyes:

Anyway, with Birmingham City and West Ham United winning it looks like a 5 way tie relegation battle between me,Burnley,Wolves,Hull and Fulham with only 2 points seperating the sides.

I would also like to point out that there is only 10 points between 4th place Arsenal and 14th place Birmingham:eek:. Quite incredible imo and shows how tight Division 1 is.

I am ten points clear of the Drop Zone with three games to go. We earned a vital point with Cardiff to keep our place in the Championship next season. I must admit, I'm very disappointed with my recent form, after a lovely run last month, everything is starting to fall to pieces. Still, I can't complain, I could have another crack at the playoff's next season.

? Lost to Wigan' date=' but thanks West Ham for beating Liverpool. I have three hard games now (Blackburn, Chelsea and Aston Villa). The title feels longer and longer out of reach.

Anyone want a friendly?[/quote']

i am up for it ,though i am a pretty poor DIV 3 team and beating me wont give you much confidence :o

anyways beat the second place charlton 1-0

next up is BARNSLEY, need to find something(tactic) for them too.

For Northampton Town to have any chance of the Play-Offs I needed......

Carlisle to Lose

Yeovil to Lose

Bradford to Lose

Guess what......................They all lost

But hold on .......I needed to win myself

Guess what......

I did:D:D:D

2 points off the play-offs!!!!!

Who have I got next?

Ed's Brighton.........Oh no:eek::eek::eek:

I'm ecstatic,

im in form and put bristol city to the sword avenging the 5-1 drubbing of me earlier to beat them 3-1 bent with another 2 taking his goal tally to 12 goals in 8 games with 5 assits:eek: and sauzo with the other. wesley who was brought in for his first game in a a couple of months got MOTM and im now 6 clear of 7th with 3 games to go.

its tight at the top :D

I'm delighted
:D

A great result for me' date=' beating West Brom 3-1, thanks to goals from Ilan, Agbonlahor & Gera.

But even better, Leicester beat Bristol City :D

I'm now 5 points clear of Bristol City, with 3 games remaining. And a superior goal difference to Bristol City, so for me a win from my final three games will do it with Bristol City set to play Queens Park Rangers & Middlesbrough.

I have some tough games though, with Preston, Boro & Leicester to play. There's just four points between 6th (me) and 1st Coventry :eek:

Still a slight chance of reaching automatic promotion, if i can get maximum points from my last three games. If there's nothing to play for with my final game of the season, i may give my first teamers a bit of a rest in mind for the play-offs.

And Tom, anychance of updating the pairs.[/center']

Don't mean to make your result feel meaningless, cause it isn't. But alot of us have beat West Brom this season, and some of us heavily. The manager's side's been awful at times and really needs to buckle up next season if he doesn't want to take a throbbing at the hands at some of us who are going to improve.

? Lost to Wigan' date=' but thanks West Ham for beating Liverpool. I have three hard games now (Blackburn, Chelsea and Aston Villa). The title feels longer and longer out of reach. [/quote']

I knew that was going to happen! I knew you was going to miss the chance to take advantage cause of the crappy match engine! Some how it's hard even with the best sides to go on a massive win streak on this game. You're always likely to slip up, which luckily didn't go the wrong way for you tonight. However the title could of been won tonight if it wasn't for the poor match engine which so needs to be reviewed.

Anyway, a disappointing result against Reading, who only won by the skin of there teeth to beat me 1-0, yes they dominated the game, but 1-0, is 1-0. ;)

Certainly safe now as i sit 10 points above the relegation places. But i need to get as high in the table as i possibly can as I'm only going to get £800,000 if i finish in my current position. The highest i can now finish is 8th, but that means everyone from 13th to 8th has to loss the final 3 games, and the chances of that are very slim.

Sheffield Wednesday next, and look at that. I've beat, Crystal Palace and Shorpe in my last couple of games, and they all sit in the relegation places currently. In other words, my result looks to have sent them all down.

Promotion to division 2 seems very close now. With Charlton and Norwich both losing and me beating Oldham 3-1, I just need one point from my next 3 games to guarantee promotion. If I manage to beat Huddlesfield on Wednesday, thats me won the title. Really pleased with how I've build the squad this season and hopefully I can add a few fresh faces in June when the TB run off to add some depth to the team.

Also I have to say that Lodeiro has been a superb signing with 15 goals and 10 assists in 26 games.

I don't mind doing the shortlists for the awards' date=' but is anyone up for the awards.

[b']Including:

Division (1/2/3/4) Manager of the Year

Division (1/2/3/4) Player of the Year

Division (1/2/3/4) Top Goalscorer

Division (1/2/3/4) Most Assists

Division (1/2/3/4) Signing of the Season

Division (1/2/3/4) Bargain of the Season

EC5579 - Best Buisness in the transfer market

EC5579 - For M/R's

EC5579 - Most Work on the Forum

EC5579 - Personality of the Season

EC5579 - Overall Manager of the Year

EC5579 - Overall Player of the Season[/center][/b]

I'm up for it are you going to do it on the Group thread or are you going to find a website to do it from?

Don't mean to make your result feel meaningless' date=' cause it isn't. But alot of us have beat West Brom this season, and some of us heavily. The manager's side's been awful at times and really needs to buckle up next season if he doesn't want to take a throbbing at the hands at some of us who are going to improve.[/quote']

I'm not saying that the win is all that good. But more to take a 5 points gap over Bristol City, that's crucial at this stage of the season and should (:o) guarentee a play-off spot.

all i need next game is for Swansea and bristol city to lose and im guaranteed a play-off spot although an auotmatic spot would be better as ive never won a play-off in all my years of SM.

You don't need me to loose' date=' just for Bristol City to lose. I need a win, and Bristol City not to win and i'm there.

I'm up for it are you going to do it on the Group thread or are you going to find a website to do it from?

It would be on the Group thread. It means no-one can vote for themselves etc...

I'll do the shortlists, but the season & play-offs will have to end first ofcourse.