English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

We are going up

We are going up

Yes Millwall are going up thanks to Charlton losing and me scrambling a draw against Huddlesfield. I think we are the first team to be crowned champions and im really looking forward to next season. Hoping to bring in a couple of players in June (when tb runs out)especially at the back and im also looking to buy an 88+ keeper. Looked like the risk of buying around 90 (80 or lower) risers at the start of the season has paid off.

We are going up

We are going up

Yes Millwall are going up thanks to Charlton losing and me scrambling a draw against Huddlesfield. I think we are the first team to be crowned champions and im really looking forward to next season. Hoping to bring in a couple of players in June (when tb runs out)especially at the back and im also looking to buy an 88+ keeper. Looked like the risk of buying around 90 (80 or lower) risers at the start of the season has paid off.

You're not the first mate. Martin (Jinx) also gained promotion last night.

Sad to see Oldham and Huddersfield to go down' date=' more for Oldham as really hoped Elliot would do well, however, looks like he'll hand over the reins to another manager over the next week or two but join back in a couple of months and get a bigger, and better side compared to Oldham.

Signing Gary Hooper from Swansea for 4.3Mil. Didn't want to spend most of my Transfer budget on one player but if 60 year old 79 rated James Scowcroft is top scorer in Division 4 then Hooper must be able to get a few goals.

Good signing that. Very good player. However, why are you helping Aidan make his squad better!? :o

It's not proven that he'll score goals at division 4 level, but he could do.

You're not the first mate. Martin (Jinx) also gained promotion last night.

Yeah' date=' promotion, but not champions. Yet. ;) Ed's Brighton are trailing (two pints) with two matches left, so anything can happen.

We are going up

We are going up

Congratulations mate!

Guest CPFC Liam

Good signing that. Very good player. However' date=' why are you helping Aidan make his squad better!? :o

It's not proven that he'll score goals at division 4 level, but he could do.[/quote']

He should score I guess, Out of the two teams I've played so far, both of them do not have a defender rated 78+

Congrats to both Jinx and Liverpool_rule for their promotions and league titles :)

Sadly though - its all over for Crystal Palace now - relegated to League 1

"Lets all laugh at Palace, lets all laugh at Palace, na na na na!" Sorry... :o

No, commiseration's to Palace. I think Sheffield Wednesday and Shorpe are going to go next. However, if i beat West Brom on Saturday one side could have a chance of surviving. So its still all to play for kind of..

On a side note, been looking at the table this morning and I've worked out that Peterborough are the 5th highest goal scorers in the league with 64 goals, coming behind Coventry (76 goals), Newcastle (75 goals), Leicester (68 goals) and then Swansea (67 goals)..at-least i know where my downfall hasn't been this season.

Well the important stuff first - Well done to Liverpool_rule and me old mate Martin - Jinxmillion - on thier respective promotions, excellent stuff and both are well worthy of their divisional rise. Nice.

However now for the rubbish stuff. My chase for promotion and a league title were dealt a serious blow last night thanks to an utterley stupid ME. Seriously ridiculous.

I lost 4-3 to Lenny's Northampton - no shame in that at all but when we take a closer look:-

Lenny had 4 shots (all went in) on target from 8 attempts - I had 11 on target from 22 attempts. :mad:

Lenny had a man sent of on 24 minutes. :mad:

Northampton avg match rating 6, Brightons 7. :mad:

All though it happens to us all I know, its still very very frustrating to have this happen at this point of the season, the only real positive is that it happened in a game where the opposition have something to play for - congrats to Lenny, who can now still force his way into the playoffs.

Massive game up next against Andy, but sorry to dampen it a little the game that really matters for me will be Rochdale - regardless of anything a win would see me win promotion. Ideally two wins and a slip from Martin would mean a title win but promotion is the first aim.

Let the big game banter commence Andy!:)

May 22nd - Brighton and Hove Albion vs Hartlepool United

Feeling nervous Ed? You should be! :P

Im as cool as a cucumber mate. No pressure on me, the wind is in my hair (if i had any) as I simply breeze on to the end of the season. B)

On the other hand Andy, you have to win it and hope I lose in the last game also. Thats 3 straight losses needed - thats never happened to my Brighton side. :P

(in other words, yes, Im feeling nervous. I actually turned around then - i could feel you breathing down my neck - insert own homoerotic pun here):)

"Lets all laugh at Palace' date=' lets all laugh at Palace, na na na na!" Sorry... :o

No, commiseration's to Palace. I think Sheffield Wednesday and Shorpe are going to go next. However, if i beat West Brom on Saturday one side could have a chance of surviving. So its still all to play for kind of..

On a side note, been looking at the table this morning and I've worked out that Peterborough are the 5th highest goal scorers in the league with 64 goals, coming behind Coventry (76 goals), Newcastle (75 goals), [b']Leicester (68 goals)[/b] and then Swansea (67 goals)..at-least i know where my downfall hasn't been this season.

I had not realised i had scored that many as my GD is pretty poor compared to the teams around me, atleast i know where to improve (defence)

Tottenham Hotspur have sold Karim BENZEMA to Real Madrid on a deal believed to be around £32,677,400.

Tom said that he brought Benzema for 15M. He didn't. It was 14.3M + Robbie Keane and Giovani, which would of equaled about 30M. So Tom's only made about a 2M profit. Not 15M.

Tom said that he brought Benzema for 15M. He didn't. It was 14.3M + Robbie Keane and Giovani' date=' which would of equaled about 30M. So Tom's only made about a 2M profit. Not 15M.[/quote']

Still, I would have sold him aswell. He has had a pour season at Madrid and has failed to get into the French world cup squad, if he doesn't move this summer his career could be getting alot worse and with that his SM rating.

Still' date=' I would have sold him aswell. He has had a pour season at Madrid and has failed to get into the French world cup squad, if he doesn't move this summer his career could be getting alot worse and with that his SM rating.[/quote']

Yeah i know. just thought i'd point it out as some people believed Tom had got a 15M profit on Benzema when it's hardly much profit at 2M. However, i wouldn't of even brought Benzema is i was Tom. If he had waited two weeks he could of got Tevez. Anyway, not criticizing anyone just correcting a mistake. :)

Yeah i know. just thought i'd point it out as some people believed Tom had got a 15M profit on Benzema when it's hardly much profit at 2M. However' date=' i wouldn't of even brought Benzema is i was Tom. If he had waited two weeks he could of got Tevez.[/quote']

Benzema's CV must have been 15m a few years ago so I don't understand why people would think he got him for 15m?:rolleyes:

(I'm not having a go at you, just saying this in general)

Gary HOOPER has moved to Dagenham & Redbridge from Swansea City on a deal believed to be around £4,300,000.

I really don't understand why people do this.:confused: You could easily get a 87+ forward for that kind of cash and it's not like Gary Hooper is a future star either.:rolleyes:

That's at least the 2nd time SJ has managed to rip someone off,*cough* Kone *cough*. I need to learn where he gets his powers of persuasion from.:D

I really don't understand why people do this.:confused: You could easily get a 87+ forward for that kind of cash and it's not like Gary Hooper is a future star either.:rolleyes:

That's at least the 2nd time SJ has managed to rip someone off' date='*cough* Kone *cough*. I need to learn where he gets his powers of persuasion from.:D[/quote']

Isn't it obvious Patrick? He targets the un-experienced or young managers managers or otherwise they're just easily persuadable by a number on a stats-sheet.. Chewis was young, easily persuaded and rather un-experienced and payed a silly amount for Kone. and then Neil (Dagenham manager) looks very un-experienced as he's only just joined SM. However, Hooper should bag him some goals at Dagenham, and if not Neil will be able to sell him for more than he brought him for.

That's at least the 2nd time SJ has managed to rip someone off' date='*cough* Kone *cough*. I need to learn where he gets his powers of persuasion from.:D[/quote']

I brought David sauzo for less than Aidan got for Hooper.