English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Im as cool as a cucumber mate. No pressure on me' date=' the wind is in my hair (if i had any) as I simply breeze on to the end of the season. B)

On the other hand Andy, you have to win it and hope I lose in the last game also. Thats 3 straight losses needed - thats never happened to my Brighton side. :P

(in other words, yes, Im feeling nervous. I actually turned around then - i could feel you breathing down my neck - insert own homoerotic pun here):)[/quote']

Haha, I know that's unlikely for you to lose to me AND Rochdale but you never know, do you? IF I were to beat you at the weekend then it's just one game at the end of the day, and as last night's result proved for you, freak results do happen.

So, while I think that these circumstances are unlikely to occur, it does shift the pressure firmly on to your shoulders, because I have nothing to lose. You, my good sir, have everything to lose. ;)

Isn't it obvious Patrick? He targets the un-experienced or young managers managers or otherwise they're just easily persuadable by a number on a stats-sheet.. Chewis was young' date=' easily persuaded and rather un-experienced and payed a silly amount for Kone. [b']and then Neil (Dagenham manager) looks very un-experienced as he's only just joined SM[/b]. However, Hooper should bag him some goals at Dagenham, and if not Neil will be able to sell him for more than he brought him for.

Don't underestimate this guy. He's been on the forum a lot longer than you think, making a fair few thousand posts (if I remember correctly) under another alias.

Don't underestimate this guy. He's been on the forum a lot longer than you think' date=' making a fair few thousand posts (if I remember correctly) under another alias.[/quote']

2927 posts to be precise. Good lad as well...

Don't know why he got banned though:confused:

2927 posts to be precise. Good lad as well...

Don't know why he got banned though:confused:

My thoughts as well. And seeing as he's been away for so long, it bemuses me slightly as to why he keeps getting banned for coming using another account. Must've been something serious enough to warrant a permanent ban...

Got Derby and Southampton in my last 2 games. I'm thinking of playing my fringe players in both games to avoid any injuries to key players. I could really decide the faith of both these teams by getting them into the playoffs or even better automatic promotion if I lose both games. I'm thinking of resting players but I believe that it'll be unfairer to the other teams like Norwich and Charlton considering I've done the double over them.

Arghhh can't decide what to do.

Play a full strength team, win and get injuries or

Play a weaker side, lose and get injuries to fringe players

:o:confused:

Don't underestimate this guy. He's been on the forum a lot longer than you think' date=' making a fair few thousand posts (if I remember correctly) under another alias.[/quote']

Oh right, i didn't know that. Just thought as he was level 41 he'd only just joined SM.

I really don't understand why people do this.:confused: You could easily get a 87+ forward for that kind of cash and it's not like Gary Hooper is a future star either.:rolleyes:

That's at least the 2nd time SJ has managed to rip someone off' date='*cough* Kone *cough*. I need to learn where he gets his powers of persuasion from.:D[/quote']

Hooper does have some potential. Although he's far from a future star.

I wouldn't call it ripping someone off. I call it good buisness, there's nothing wrong with it, no-one on here would turn down that sort of money for Gary Hooper.

Isn't it obvious Patrick? He targets the un-experienced or young managers managers or otherwise they're just easily persuadable by a number on a stats-sheet.. Chewis was young' date=' easily persuaded and rather un-experienced and payed a silly amount for Kone. and then Neil (Dagenham manager) looks very un-experienced as he's only just joined SM. However, Hooper should bag him some goals at Dagenham, and if not Neil will be able to sell him for more than he brought him for.[/quote']

Again no-one would turn down that sort of money when given the offer. I'm a good negoiater it's one of my strengths. It's not a bad signing, it's just he's paid too much money for him.

Looking to agree a deal with a couple of managers now having recieved the money, does anyone have a young (22-) British goalkeeper there willing to sell (80+) as it looks like i can't agree a deal with the Norwich boss for Fraser Forster :o

Got Derby and Southampton in my last 2 games. I'm thinking of playing my fringe players in both games to avoid any injuries to key players. I could really decide the faith of both these teams by getting them into the playoffs or even better automatic promotion if I lose both games. I'm thinking of resting players but I believe that it'll be unfairer to the other teams like Norwich and Charlton considering I've done the double over them.

Arghhh can't decide what to do.

Play a full strength team' date=' win and get injuries or

Play a weaker side, lose and get injuries to fringe players

:o:confused:[/font']

yeah huge matter to ponder over.:rolleyes::)

just after winning the title anyways congrats on winning :D

Does anybody rate Antoine Griezmann. I know teams such as Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool were interested in him last summer but I just received a 4.7 million bid for him and was wondering if it's worth accepting or does he have a big future ahead of him.

Anybody seen him in action.

Gutted when i originally missed out on him. Definatly looking to do a deal' date=' am i far off agreeing a deal with you for him with my bid?[/quote']

There is a bigger offer on the table already and im not really intrested in doing a deal but i might be tempted

There is a bigger offer on the table already and im not really intrested in doing a deal but i might be tempted

Can't do too much there in trying to get Cairney then. I'm hoping i can bring another player in by the end of the week, but i'll keep on tracking Cairney whether he joins Bradford or stays with Bolton.

Can't do too much there in trying to get Cairney then. I'm hoping i can bring another player in by the end of the week' date=' but i'll keep on tracking Cairney whether he joins Bradford or stays with Bolton.[/quote']

Fair enough he will most likley stay , as i have no finace worries and im not desprate to improve any aspect of my team :)

Guest drseanfitz

Fair enough he will most likley stay ' date=' as i have no finace worries and im not desprate to improve any aspect of my team :)[/quote']

but he'd fit in perfectly at my young Bradford side

v9fns.png

Sold him for 5.8 million i only brought him for 800K so thats a healthy profit' date=' I have a replacement in mind He may drop but he should be sold before then anyway. [b']Ed has him shortlisted[/b].

Along with a billion other players mate!:)

Guest CPFC Liam

My thoughts as well. And seeing as he's been away for so long' date=' it bemuses me slightly as to why he keeps getting banned for coming using another account. Must've been something serious enough to warrant a permanent ban...[/quote']

I'm alot more experienced than you lot may think. Maybe about 3/4 years of experience? Does the name King Kolo ring a bell? Perhaps maybe one of the most experienced. You may think it is rather foolish that I've bought Hooper but I've had worse strikers who against 90+ rated defenders who have managed to score 15+ goals a season. I was fully aware that Aidan was trying to tempt me into buying Hooper but I had had a look at the 85-90 rated strikers from external clubs who were under 5Mil and they were either:

1: Old (I want to build a young squad)

2: I've never heard of them

3: With their last rating changes they had gone down horrifically.

Hooper hasn't reached his peak yet aswell as fifteen (I think) goals in the Championship for a side that has just got promoted and finished Mid-Table is pretty good.

Also, Andy I managed to send a PM to the SM Mods asking why I was banned and explaining all the reason I could have got banned for, they said they will look into it and make a decision over whether I can stay or not, but for now I can. Also, Scrap Neil Colgan, it's Liam O'Connor.

I'm alot more experienced than you lot may think. Maybe about 3/4 years of experience? Does the name King Kolo ring a bell? Perhaps maybe one of the most experienced. You may think it is rather foolish that I've bought Hooper but I've had worse strikers who against 90+ rated defenders who have managed to score 15+ goals a season. I was fully aware that Aidan was trying to tempt me into buying Hooper but I had had a look at the 85-90 rated strikers from external clubs who were under 5Mil and they were either:

Hooper hasn't reached his peak yet aswell as fifteen (I think) goals in the Championship for a side that has just got promoted and finished Mid-Table is pretty good.

Also' date=' Andy I managed to send a PM to the SM Mods asking why I was banned and explaining all the reason I could have got banned for, they said they will look into it and make a decision over whether I can stay or not, but for now I can. Also, Scrap Neil Colgan, it's Liam O'Connor.[/quote']

Good to see you back;)

Also' date=' Andy I managed to send a PM to the SM Mods asking why I was banned and explaining all the reason I could have got banned for, they said they will look into it and make a decision over whether I can stay or not, but for now I can. Also, Scrap Neil Colgan, it's Liam O'Connor.[/quote']

There you go folks, never judge a book an all that. As was proven yesterday - too many peeps jump to conclusions on here far too quickly. I have been refferred to as inexperienced previously - one of my accounts has a rep of 160 odd.

Any ways - good to see you here Liam - more experience the better.

Guest CPFC Liam

There you go folks' date=' never judge a book an all that. As was proven yesterday - too many peeps jump to conclusions on here far too quickly. I have been refferred to as inexperienced previously - one of my accounts has a rep of 160 odd.

Any ways - good to see you here Liam - more experience the better.[/quote']

Thanks Mate.

I'm not like one of the football whizzes on the forum (Not mentioning anyone imparticular) *cough* Andy *cough*. But I just wanted to clear up there was more the Hooper deal than some people may have thought.