English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Would just like to say....

If you fancy a bet on the Championship playoffs - your getting your work cut out !

I am still struggling after looking at the teams involved 3 or 4 times to pick a winner from them and the 3rd team into the premier league.

Maybe form will kick in - and maybe it'll be a Swansea vs Newcastle final - but how often im wrong? just look at championship check up for proof.

• Replies 38.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swanseajack

• Matty_avfc

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Can you help poor Kieran? Kieran Westwood - Goalkeeper - Aged 26 - Rated 85 This is Keiran, he likes sunny days, cold milk and fresh cookies.

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Building on Ed's work and in contrast to SJ's predictions ('cos I agree with you Ed' date=' many do seem to be writing off the new boys, with no rea

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread hang on fellas........... First.... Then.... A quick.... Remember to... Then grab some.... And a.... Into position...... ......

Would just like to say....

If you fancy a bet on the Championship playoffs - your getting your work cut out !

I am still struggling after looking at the teams involved 3 or 4 times to pick a winner from them and the 3rd team into the premier league.

Maybe form will kick in - and maybe it'll be a Swansea vs Newcastle final - but how often im wrong? just look at championship check up for proof.

It will be a Swansea vs Newcastle final

Guest Higgy

Right' date=' who's out there that could be a great help and provide me a couple of super loans for the play-offs? I could really do with a LM/Wing and a CM/DM. Any help would be much appreciated.[/quote']

You can have anyone on my squad that the chairman allows.

I wouldn't speak like that too confidently myself. Not even going to predict it' date=' nevermind post it. Just looking to do what i can to try and get to Wembley for the second time this season.[/quote']

That will be it....at least in my eyes unless you both do something crazy tactically or in terms of the starting XI.

You can have anyone on my squad that the chairman allows.

Thanks for the offer mate but your chairman is a bit stingy! Wouldn't even let me bid for Parejo. :( I might come back for Pizsczek, but I think I'll have a shop around for a bit first, if that's okay. Cheers pal. :)

Right' date=' who's out there that could be a great help and provide me a couple of super loans for the play-offs? I could really do with a LM/Wing and a CM/DM. Any help would be much appreciated.[/quote']

Pjanic is avaliable for loan. His position is AM/Wing if that's a problem. :)

Guest Higgy

Thanks for the offer mate but your chairman is a bit stingy! Wouldn't even let me bid for Parejo. :( I might come back for Pizsczek' date=' but I think I'll have a shop around for a bit first, if that's okay. Cheers pal. :)[/quote']

Oh well, just make the bid if you feel you need him.

Pjanic is avaliable for loan. His position is AM/Wing if that's a problem. :)

That's great! Thanks, I've put the bid in. Can I be really cheeky and ask for Ramsey and Dorrans on loan as well? The clubs that they are currently at on loan are both not involved in the play-offs, so they'll just be wasted until the new season! ;)

That's great! Thanks' date=' I've put the bid in. Can I be really cheeky and ask for Ramsey and Dorrans on loan as well? The clubs that they are currently at on loan are both not involved in the play-offs, so they'll just be wasted until the new season! ;)[/quote']

Nah sorry, I've agreed with Brentford that Ramsey can stay there for another season. I'm not sure about the situation with Dorrans though a loan deal with Dorrans could happen. :)

Nah sorry' date=' I've agreed with Brentford that Ramsey can stay there for another season. I'm not sure about the situation with Dorrans though a loan deal with Dorrans could happen. :)[/quote']

I'm not asking for them for next season. I was just wondering if I could have them for the play-offs? They will go back to your club when the current season officially ends anyway, so it doesn't matter what club their at when the servers create the new season - Brentford will have to re-apply for a new loan.

I'm not in the play-offs but............

Does it seem right that you can bring players in on loan at this time

I realise its allowed within the SM rules but.......

Would it not be better if there was a loan ban....Say 5 games before the end of the regular season?

This is not a dig at anyone in the play-offs ....When in Rome etc etc

Oh my bad lol :o yeah sure.

Thanks a lot' date=' I appreciate it immensely. :)

Would it not be better if there was a loan ban....Say 5 games before the end of the regular season?

Perhaps you're right, but I'm not going to shy away from the opportunity. At the end of the day, everybody has the same chance of bringing new, better loan players in seeing as there are plenty of teams out there with nothing to play for at this late stage of the season. And it is a dog-eat-dog world after all! ;)

Thanks a lot' date=' I appreciate it immensely. :)

Perhaps you're right, but I'm not going to shy away from the opportunity. At the end of the day, everybody has the same chance of bringing new, better loan players in seeing as there are plenty of teams out there with nothing to play for at this late stage of the season. And it is a dog-eat-dog world after all! ;)[/quote']

I can't fault you mate......thats why I made it clear it was not a dig at anyone......

I'd do it myself if I had been their........It just does'nt seem "Right" to me...

good luck in the Play-Offs fella :)

As i compared the top scorers of the league last week, i though i'd do one for the end of the season.

Club - goals scored

1st. Newcastle - 80 goals scored

2nd. Sheffield Utd - 77 goals scored

3rd. Coventry 76 goals scored

4th. Swansea - 73 goals scored

5th. Leicester - 72 goals scored

6th. Peterborough - 71 goals scored!!

7th. Bristol - 67 goals scored

8th. Preston - 64 goals scored

9th. Watford - 63 goals scored

10th. QPR - 59 goals scored

Right' date=' who's out there that could be a great help and provide me a couple of super loans for the play-offs? I could really do with a LM/Wing and a [b']CM/DM. [/b]Any help would be much appreciated.

Michele Pazienza (87) if you want him on loan you can have him :)

I think its perfectly fine, the main reason being that I will loan my players to anyone that asks but am more likely to loan to someone I know, therefore if your someone who puts the effort into the forum your more likely to be able to loan a player short term or otherwise.

so in short - more forum contribution more loans!