English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Firstly commiseration to those that missed out on promotion through the playoffs, really feel for ya.

Congrats to all that won promotion, and a special well done to Andy Owls and his Hartlepool, no disrespect to the others that made it into the Div 4 playoffs, but I feel Andy is a worthy winner due to his top of the league fight out all season - really looking forward to duelling with you and Martin as we take it to the next level - what price a second season promotion for all three of us again I wonder?

Well done mate.

What else to you want' date=' like?:confused: A shiny gold badge delivered in the post?:P[/quote']

I expected explosions to set of on my screen as soon as I accepted it!

Oh, by the way, thatnks for letting me loan Tab... (french defender) :)

I expected explosions to set of on my screen as soon as I accepted it!

Oh' date=' by the way, thatnks for letting me loan Tab... (french defender) :)[/quote']

No problem but I expect he will be leaving us shortly.:);)

Preety happy with the player's I've brought in so far since the season finished. Sold Rogne to Yeovil Town for £2.2 million and I've managed to get a few players who are likely to rise when their respective league are reviewed.

Jacques ZOUA rated 75. Bought for around 350k. Has played around 625 minutes and should get a small rise of +4/5

David ROCHELA rated 75. Managed to get him for 600k and I'm hoping for atleast a +2 from him when spain is reviewd and hopefully he'll pick up more game time next season. only played 315 minutes

Jorge ENRIQUEZ rated 75. Bought for 400k. Has played around 380 minutes and should pick up more minutes before Mexico is reviewed.

Carlos Alberto GUTIERREZ rated 75. Bought for 425k. Played around 400 minutes so far and hopefully he's another one who'll get more minutes before Mexico are reviewed again.

Overall preety pleased with how I've spend the money I received on Rogne. Now I'm just waiting for some TB to come off so that I can go for bigger and better players to improve my squad to cope with life in division 2.

any sign of any chairmans investment for anyone yet or any ideas when that may happen?

These TB's are taking an age man, i've only bought one player in so far, Federico DIONISI, who should be a nice little riser.

any sign of any chairmans investment for anyone yet or any ideas when that may happen?

You might get a investment at the start of next season, but your budget will go up a tinny bit due to season ticket sales and merchandise. I hope to receive a wee investment but doubt it very highly.

article-0-014926A300000578-598_468x389.jpg

Youth Cup - Season 2 Rules

Age Cap: 22

Rating Cap: 82

Squads

Squads Size - 20 Players

Squads must be in by Turn 6, of Season 2.

You will need to select 20 players as part of your Youth squad at the start of the season. You will only beable to play those players as part of your team. Squads can't be edited, so new players can't be added to your squad. If a player is named in your squad at the start of the season at the correct age, but turns over the age cap during the competition he will be allowed to play for the remainder of the competition. As goes for the rating, if a player stars of rated 81 and is included in the squad, but rises to 84 during the competition he's allowed to play for the remainder of the competition.

Entry

Must be entered by the end of Turn 6, qualifing draw will take place on Turn 7. Signing up starts once the play-offs are finished.

If you enter, but don't give your squad in time, then you will be removed from the competition.

Teams

- Swansea City (Divison 2)

- Colchester (Division 3)

- Sunderland (Divison 1)

- West Ham United (Divison 1)

- Shorpe United (Divison 3)

- Derby County (Divison 3)

- Wycombe Wanderers (Divison 3)

- Charlton Athletic (Divison 3)

- Hereford United (Divison 4)

9 Clubs out of a minimum of 8 Clubs

Currently one groups off five & one group of four, playing eachover once as stated above.

Format

• You will be put into groups (of 4) depending on the numbers we get.

• You will play each team in your group once, top 2 go through with the group winner getting home advantage in the knockout stage.

• From there there will be one-legged ties right up untill the final.

How often will the games be?

• Group Stage matches will be played twice a week.

• Once the Youth Cup gets into the knockout stages, games will be played once a weak (Thursdays)

I will sort out all draws and fixtures

There's no need to enter untill the season & play-offs completely finished.

This is not a final post for the rules, and they still may be slightly tweaked.

Anymore interest in this? I know Bail is looking to join, if he can sign some more players but anybody else looking to join?

I'd like to join Youth Cup. Already had bids accepted for several youth players

Done :) And with that the Youth Cup will be run this season, as we've got a minimum of eight participants. Doesn't mean that people can't join though, as i'll take on anyone who's interested in joining.

I will consider joining the youth cup as I can basically play my first team so I can try different tactics and players out. Also has the nationality rule been scrapped?

Yes, the nationality rule has been scrapped, i've put you down for the competition.

And it looks like my decision to keep Stephen Warnock has paid off, he's been picked for the World Cup so is now a certainty to hit 89.