English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Xabi Alonso is available to anyone that has a spare 30m lying around:D

Giving away a Spaniard with the quiz up and running :eek: Got the main five right' date=' pretty easy, it'd of been good if you brought some rarely known trivia for example:

Like how many British & Irish players play for Swansea (Including Loans)?

Not even i would get that, but after a quick look at my squad it's [b']28[/b] :P

EDIT: Or how many clubs has Chewis managed, and named them?

Coventry, Forest, Fulham, Fulham

But good job regardless, a bit of pre-season banter never hurts.

Giving away a Spaniard with the quiz up and running :eek: Got the main five right' date=' pretty easy, it'd of been good if you brought some rarely known trivia for example:

Like how many British & Irish players play for Swansea (Including Loans)?

Not even i would get that, but after a quick look at my squad it's [b']28[/b] :P

EDIT: Or how many clubs has Chewis managed, and named them?

Coventry, Forest, Fulham, Fulham

But good job regardless, a bit of pre-season banter never hurts.

I should be signing a bigger Spaniard:D

I'm loving the French rating changes. I hope the Italian rating changes are as generous. Anyway four more rises today:

Joris Marveaux +1 (87)

Souleymane Camara +3 (86)

Roy Contout +2 (85)

B.F. Koita +3 (75)

That makes it 10 rises (!) for the Shrews in the French rating updates. I'm missing a rise for Sevilla target Lynel Kitambala, but I'll have to wait for them to do Ligue 2.

Shrewsbury are starting to look more like a D2 team than a promoted D4 team. I'm expecting 9 rises from Serie A and 3 from Serie B. Can't wait!

I'm loving the French rating changes. I hope the Italian rating changes are as generous. Anyway four more rises today:

Joris Marveaux +1 (87)

Souleymane Camara +3 (86)

Roy Contout +2 (85)

B.F. Koita +3 (75)

That makes it 10 rises (!) for the Shrews in the French rating updates. I'm missing a rise for Sevilla target Lynel Kitambala' date=' but I'll have to wait for them to do Ligue 2.

Shrewsbury are starting to look more like a D2 team than a promoted D4 team. I'm expecting 9 rises from Serie A and 3 from Serie B. Can't wait![/quote']

Whoa mate. Your squads looking very very tidy indeed. Few oldies in there but I agree, you will def be looking at pushing for a straight promotion once again with that little lot!

Whoa mate. Your squads looking very very tidy indeed. Few oldies in there but I agree' date=' you will def be looking at pushing for a straight promotion once again with that little lot![/quote']

I know some of them appear dusty, but even the oldies are bought with rises in mind (and their rating to price ratio ain't hurting Shrewsbury).

Marco Storari - Helped Sampdoria get 4th spot and CL qualification, together with Julio Sergio the best keeper in Italy this season, should get an 88.

Marco Rossi - Hands down the best Genoa player this season, best RM in Italy this season(in my opinion), is 70/30 for 89, nonetheless I'll be making money when selling.

Gianluca Grava - Best Napoli defender all season (worth contemplating if you are the owner of Napoli), should go to 86.

Adrian Ricchuiti - Looked amazing for the final half season, looking at +1/2.

So they may seem old, but they are quality. Can't wait for the new season to start. Looking forward to seeing what you are bringing in, mate.

Kevin NOLAN has completed his move to Sheffield United from Newcastle United for £4,100,000.

Over the moon at this signing he was in great form for newcastle and got him only a few hdr k over cv.Nolan will fit in well in the 5 man midfield of Osman(rm/am) ,Larsson(rwing) and Zokora (defmid)and Charlie Adam on the left.players who can add steele as well as score goals..anyhow we shall see,but l think its all coming together nicely..

Crouch av for 12m.2 m above cv..

The offer for Ledley KING of Real Madrid from Derby County has been accepted. The transfer will be completed shortly

BEUTIFULL. Do you think he will get a rise? Deserves one.

I only bid C/V :P Just wanted to raise interest on him really.

He'll rise to 90 that's a certainty but there's another centre-back i've got my eye's on when Jagielka comes off his T/B

I only bid C/V :P Just wanted to raise interest on him really.

He'll rise to 90 that's a certainty but there's another centre-back i've got my eye's on when Jagielka comes off his T/B

Ye you made me bid big! I had to though as I sold Kalazade.

Guest Higgy

Ivorian international Gervinho can leave Upton Park for anything in the region of 8 Million.

I know some of them appear dusty' date=' but even the oldies are bought with rises in mind (and their rating to price ratio ain't hurting Shrewsbury).

[b']Marco Storari[/b] - Helped Sampdoria get 4th spot and CL qualification, together with Julio Sergio the best keeper in Italy this season, should get an 88.

Marco Rossi - Hands down the best Genoa player this season, best RM in Italy this season(in my opinion), is 70/30 for 89, nonetheless I'll be making money when selling.

Gianluca Grava - Best Napoli defender all season (worth contemplating if you are the owner of Napoli), should go to 86.

Adrian Ricchuiti - Looked amazing for the final half season, looking at +1/2.

So they may seem old, but they are quality. Can't wait for the new season to start. Looking forward to seeing what you are bringing in, mate.

Still waiting for TB's to come off and/or/hopefully some chairmans investment! Seceral of my key targets have already gone - ah well, what can you do.

Its pretty dull at the minute - Hazard has gone back, his loan period over. Was amazing player for me, really did the business. Helmes and Berg will both miss the season kick off and probably the second game also. Things are looking bleak at the min!

Good news is that i have secured the loans of Sirigu between the sticks (yes that right martin, still havent bought a keeper!), Marvin Martin and Warkin Adilson in midfield. Other than the riser I bought last wek thats it so far. Will be some funky tactics used in the first game at least due to my lack of firepower (my best striker is rated 75!)

Still waiting for TB's to come off and/or/hopefully some chairmans investment! Seceral of my key targets have already gone - ah well' date=' what can you do.

Its pretty dull at the minute - Hazard has gone back, his loan period over. Was amazing player for me, really did the business. Helmes and Berg will both miss the season kick off and probably the second game also. Things are looking bleak at the min!

Good news is that i have secured the loans of Sirigu between the sticks (yes that right martin, still havent bought a keeper!), Marvin Martin and Warkin Adilson in midfield. Other than the riser I bought last wek thats it so far. Will be some funky tactics used in the first game at least due to my lack of firepower (my best striker is rated 75!)[/quote']

Yeah, I was pretty certain that Hazard wouldn't be allowed to stay after his rating increase. Awesome player!

I spotted the Sirigu deal. Well done. He'll rise to 88 in 2-3 weeks.

Sounds good. Maybe I can get a head start then. ;)

Aurélian Chedjou got a +2 rise to 87. Best thing is he kept his centre back position! :D

Were you worried that he wouldn't, mate? From what I remember, he hasn't played anything other for quite some time. But good rise. Your chairman must be pleased.

Were you worried that he wouldn't' date=' mate? From what I remember, he hasn't played anything other for quite some time. But good rise. Your chairman must be pleased.[/quote']

Well i heard somewhere he might end up being a DM. Even if it did it wouldn't bother me to much cause i could sell Charlie Lee and sign a new defender with the money i have currently and then Chejou would dramatically improve my holding midfield space, but he's dramatically improved my defense which is good.

Can't wait for Nelson Rivas's Transfer Ban to come off tomorrow. The guy has been absolutely poor for me. He's played 7 games for me and I can't remeber winning one of them. :rolleyes:. Thankfully I'm going to be making a profit of around £4 million on him when I sell him. He was bought mainly because of his £2.6 million fee for an 86 rated defender but he's been really disappointing with an average rating of 5.33. Hopefully a bid will come in tomorrow and I can selll him for around £6 million and buy a better defender.