English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

bit anoyed as Evertons bid for Forlan must have been acsepted stupidly quickly and now im left with potentially only having 1 striker being 89 rated floccari avalible for selection tommorow unless i can get one in very quickly :o

in more positive News i have managed to sign Westermann for £15,000,000 and Romaric for £8,700,000 have been acsepted. Now just hoping my bid for a new striker is agreed :)

bit anoyed as Evertons bid for Forlan must have been acsepted stupidly quickly and now im left with potentially only having 1 striker being 89 rated floccari avalible for selection tommorow unless i can get one in very quickly :o

How much you bidded?

Can I just say - regarding the world cup

63 more games like the one weve just seen wouldnt go a miss! It almost had it all didnt it

Yeah, excellent game but the substitutions for Mexico were a little bit late.

Great passes by Cuauhtemoc!

63 more games like the one weve just seen wouldnt go a miss! It almost had it all didnt it

I thought it was a very good game' date=' seeing as the two sides involved in the game were Mexico & South Africa. First half was a lot better than the second, despite no goals and some great play by Mexico when Franco almost scored.

The support was superb, i love the Vuvuleza's unlike anything else in the stands of football anywhere else in the World.

South-Africa are surely out, home advantage is there's but defensively there all over the place. The keeper is strong though, otherwise Mexico would have comfortably won the game. There isn't a pressence in the centre of midfield just Piennar outwide to be relied on really and Mphela doesn't look like a player who'll score in the World Cup, neither does Parker. They really should have picked McCarthy.

Mexico are a squad i've grown fond of and there formation will only do them good. A solid base, and both the midfield and defence are comfortable on the ball. The wingers aren't really seen, but there just support to Vela & Giovani who play behind Franco. The two forwards behind the big forward works superbly for them, Franco looked good although should of scored. Vela done O.K, Giovanni desereved the M.O.T.M he was superb and Spurs will need to see a lot more than that. There short keeper was dreafull though, a real weakness and they look prone to corners and set-pieces.

[b']Mexico to finish 3rd[/b] - predict a point from there two remaining games. Just don't have the quality over France & Uruguay but i feel they'll get a point from one of those two games with there flare fowards.

South Africa to finish 4th - predict two defeats now from the hosts. Will barely get an attack in against Uruguay & France, just too poor unless Piennar or Mokoena can produce some magic on the night.

Bit over the top i know, but why not.

I thought it was a very good game' date=' seeing as the two sides involved in the game were Mexico & South Africa. First half was a lot better than the second, despite no goals and some great play by Mexico when Franco almost scored.

The support was superb, i love the Vuvuleza's unlike anything else in the stands of football anywhere else in the World.

South-Africa are surely out, home advantage is there's but defensively there all over the place. The keeper is strong though, otherwise Mexico would have comfortably won the game. There isn't a pressence in the centre of midfield just Piennar outwide to be relied on really and Mphela doesn't look like a player who'll score in the World Cup, neither does Parker. They really should have picked McCarthy.

Mexico are a squad i've grown fond of and there formation will only do them good. A solid base, and both the midfield and defence are comfortable on the ball. The wingers aren't really seen, but there just support to Vela & Giovani who play behind Franco. The two forwards behind the big forward works superbly for them, Franco looked good although should of scored. Vela done O.K, Giovanni desereved the M.O.T.M he was superb and Spurs will need to see a lot more than that. There short keeper was dreafull though, a real weakness and they look prone to corners and set-pieces.

[b']Mexico to finish 3rd[/b] - predict a point from there two remaining games. Just don't have the quality over France & Uruguay but i feel they'll get a point from one of those two games with there flare fowards.

South Africa to finish 4th - predict two defeats now from the hosts. Will barely get an attack in against Uruguay & France, just too poor unless Piennar or Mokoena can produce some magic on the night.

Bit over the top i know, but why not.

Would you risk putting £10 on Netherlands to win the WC with the odds of 9/1? Im about to do it but not sure! They have a good chance though!?

Would you risk putting £10 on Netherlands to win the WC with the odds of 9/1? Im about to do it but not sure! They have a good chance though!?

Personally i wouldn't. They've got a strong squad, and a strong midfield and are capable of doing great thing (The star of Euro 2008)

But i feel they'll get caught out in the closing stages, like they did in Euro 2008, with a lack of fire power up front, and a defence that's weaker than any other major sides.

Personally i wouldn't. They've got a strong squad' date=' and a strong midfield and are capable of doing great thing (The star of Euro 2008)

But i feel they'll get caught out in the closing stages, like they did in Euro 2008, with a lack of fire power up front, and a defence that's weaker than any other major sides.[/quote']

Lack of fire power?

Vanistolroy Robben Van Persie Kuyt!!!! Defence though, yes.

Lack of fire power?

Vanistolroy Robben Van Persie Kuyt!!!! Defence though' date=' yes.[/quote']

There all quality players, but there's being a quality player and being a goal scorer who can single handedly put Holland in the next round.

Robben - Key Man but will be played wide, Predict - 2 Goals

Van Persie - Off a injury full season, Predict - 1 Goal

Kuyt - Strong season but not a natural goalscorer, Predict - 1 Goal

Van Nistlerooy - Wont Start, Predict - 0 Goals

There all quality players' date=' but there's being a quality player and being a goal scorer who can single handedly put Holland in the next round.

[b']Robben - Key Man but will be played wide, Predict - 2 Goals

Van Persie - Off a injury full season, Predict - 1 Goal

Kuyt - Strong season but not a natural goalscorer, Predict - 1 Goal

Van Nistlerooy - Wont Start, Predict - 0 Goals[/b]

Van Nistelrooy is not even in the squad. But IMHO, I think Holland will win it.

Guest Scout Maker

Van Nistelrooy is not even in the squad. But IMHO' date=' I think Holland will win it.[/quote']

Yeah, and Robben might miss the first game.

But who says that Van Der Vaart, Sneijder and Afellay won't score?

Plus they have Babel and Huntelaar.

Van Nistelrooy is not even in the squad. But IMHO' date=' I think Holland will win it.[/quote']

Ye, well he's just a name Aaron gave to me.

Finally got on to the site!

Warnock, 88 - 89 :)

Leiva Lucas, 88 - 89 :)

Johan Djourou, 88 - 87 (Fortunate :D)

Kassim Abdallah, 70 - 80 :)

Can't believe Djourou only dropped one, means i'll stake rake in at least 7.5 million for him.

Not going to sell Warnock, can't get a better left-back IMO for 9 million.

Will sell Lucas though, should get 13 million from external :D Abdallah for sale at 1.5 million aswell.