English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Well i have an offer on the table for Hughes from Aidan so if anyone wants to beat that offer they will have until about 17:00pm tonight to do so. I will not disclose the amount he has offered. Thanks SJ ;)

And Well done Dan & Aidan on your youth captures i was very interested in all 3 but i couldnt get the cash :o

• Replies 38.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swanseajack

• Matty_avfc

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Can you help poor Kieran? Kieran Westwood - Goalkeeper - Aged 26 - Rated 85 This is Keiran, he likes sunny days, cold milk and fresh cookies.

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Building on Ed's work and in contrast to SJ's predictions ('cos I agree with you Ed' date=' many do seem to be writing off the new boys, with no rea

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread hang on fellas........... First.... Then.... A quick.... Remember to... Then grab some.... And a.... Into position...... ......

Well i have an offer on the table for Hughes from Aidan so if anyone wants to beat that offer they will have until about 17:00pm tonight to do so. I will not disclose the amount he has offered. Thanks SJ ;)

And Well done Dan & Aidan on your youth captures i was very interested in all 3 but i couldnt get the cash :o

Well i'm in a football match - friendly, today so i wont be on untill 7:30 at the earliest. So you can leave it as late as you want.

I was speaking to your brother on this earlier (chat), lol, he said he just wants to get his point across rather then being hot-headed :D

EDIT: And it seemed way to easy to bring in those two players, way too easy - they were added like a whole day before i bid for them aswell.

Well i'm in a football match - friendly' date=' today so i wont be on untill 7:30 at the earliest. So you can leave it as late as you want.

I was speaking to your brother on this earlier (chat), lol, he said he just wants to get his point across rather then being hot-headed :D

EDIT: And it seemed way to easy to bring in those two players, way too easy - they were added like a whole day before i bid for them aswell.[/quote']

Same mate i leave at 5ish and dont know what time ill be back :) so i might just leave it till about 8ish if thats alright with you ?

Yeah he said , i wouldnt listen to him hes a leeds fan ;)

I was really interested but i need a better squad not youth team at the moment.

Same mate i leave at 5ish and dont know what time ill be back :) so i might just leave it till about 8ish if thats alright with you ?

Yeah he said ' date=' i wouldnt listen to him hes a leeds fan ;)

I was really interested but i need a better squad not youth team at the moment.[/quote']

Well it doesn't look like anybody will beat my bid for him. It'll be a nice piece of buisness if i can get him, only really have 4 decent defenders as James Tomkins has cost me points recentley when i've played him.

Well it doesn't look like anybody will beat my bid for him. It'll be a nice piece of buisness if i can get him' date=' only really have 4 decent defenders as James Tomkins has cost me points recentley when i've played him.[/quote']

I was interested him but i wasnt prepared to sell any of my players to fund the move.

I've just come back from one of the most pointless and annoying football games i have ever participated in :mad:

So ill give 11 minutes for anyone to beat SJ's offer if not ill accept bang on 9pm

and Romanic can go for £7,000,000 im having to price slash like mad here !

Insua is available for 9.5m!

Having a big shuffle around at Liverpool and although i will be buying in players with a lower rating i am planning for the future, so this season my expectations aren't brilliant but i would be happy with a top four finish, i think next season will be when i push for the title again:)

The offer for Aaron HUGHES of Bolton Wanderers from Swansea City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

Haha, I'm on a role here in the transfer market. Could have been ripped off for Zamora, might have got ripped off for Zamora in the past but assesed other options before throwing £2 million away and landed the most underrated player in the Premiership. I've got to be honest, as he's so underrated i don't see whoever does the ratings will give me a bit of luck.

Anyway basically this is the transfer round-up for Swansea:

Out: Fellaini - £14,600,000 - 90, Downing - £7,800,000 - 89

In: R.Garcia - £8,500,000 - 89, A.Hughes - £5,500,000 - 88, Luke Hyam - £400,000 - 75, Mark Cullen - £350,000 - 75

Aidan i would hardly call 8 million for a very good premiership striker a rip off.

If thats the case you ripped off a fellow forumer off.

It is when his C/V is 4.2 million. And when Aaron Hughes who does more for Fulham every matchday then he does, in keeping the side in the game before Zamora gets a goal or two, is availible for 5.5 million. Same rating, slightly older.

Zamora could easily go back to the form he was on this time last year, Aaron Hughes is consistant.

It is when his C/V is 4.2 million. And when Aaron Hughes who does more for Fulham every matchday then he does' date=' in keeping the side in the game before Zamora gets a goal or two, is availible for 5.5 million. Same rating, slightly older.

Zamora could easily go back to the form he was on this time last year, Aaron Hughes is consistant.[/quote']

Your talking absolute baloney, So because his CV is a tad over 4 million you think paying 8 million for him is a rip off. If he's was at external maybe i could understand but he's not he's at a club and thats what he's worth to him.

I would say asking 15-16 million would be a rip off. 8 million is a bout right or even a competitive setup like this a Bargain !!!

Your talking absolute baloney' date=' So because his CV is a tad over 4 million you think paying 8 million for him is a rip off. If he's was at external maybe i could understand but he's not he's at a club and thats what he's worth to him.

I would say asking 15-16 million would be a rip off. 8 million is a bout right or even a competitive setup like this a [b']Bargain !!![/b]

Zamora isn't going to rise, maybe a slight chance so there about evens in terms of ratings. Both C/V's are at 4.2 million, one transfer listed at 5.5 million & one transfer listed at 8 million. I think i'm going to go for him, 3.5 million is a lot of money to through out of the window Matt. Seeing as it took me just 750k to bring in Hyam & Cullan, both future 80's.

Eidur Gudjohnsen - just joined Stoke, good chance he could be scoring a lot of goals. Valued at also about 4.2 million, but i wont be transfer listing him at like double my CV.

Zamora isn't going to rise' date=' maybe a slight chance so there about evens in terms of ratings. Both C/V's are at 4.2 million, one transfer listed at 5.5 million & one transfer listed at 8 million. I think i'm going to go for him, 3.5 million is a lot of money to through out of the window Matt. Seeing as it took me just 750k to bring in Hyam & Cullan, both future 80's.

Eidur Gudjohnsen - just joined Stoke, good chance he could be scoring a lot of goals. Valued at also about 4.2 million, but i wont be transfer listing him at like double my CV.[/quote']

Ok so in your opinion (although i disagree) Hughes is the 'better' option, but still for 8 million you wont be able to get many better strikers for that fee.

By the way i was i never doubting that you should go for hughes when you need players in that position i was just stating that i thought saying 8 mill for Bobby was a rip-off was a bit extreme.

Ok so in your opinion (although i disagree) Hughes is the 'better' option' date=' but still for 8 million you wont be able to get many better strikers for that fee.

By the way i was i never doubting that you should go for hughes when you need players in that position i was just stating that i thought saying 8 mill for Bobby was a rip-off was a bit extreme.[/quote']

I'll leave it at this (whatever this is), i'll just say that he'll struggle to get a firm 8 million bid.

Haha' date=' I'm on a role here in the transfer market. Could have been ripped off for Zamora, might have got ripped off for Zamora in the past but assesed other options before throwing £2 million away and landed the most underrated player in the Premiership. I've got to be honest, as he's so underrated i don't see whoever does the ratings will give me a bit of luck.

Anyway basically this is the transfer round-up for Swansea:

Out: Fellaini - £14,600,000 - 90, Downing - £7,800,000 - 89

In: R.Garcia - £8,500,000 - 89, A.Hughes - £5,500,000 - 88, Luke Hyam - £400,000 - 75, Mark Cullen - £350,000 - 75[/center]

Nice buy but you can get the same rating for less, plus you're able to sell back to external for bonus money which you can't with Hughes. ;)

Nice buy but you can get the same rating for less' date=' plus you're able to sell back to external for bonus money which you can't with Hughes. ;)[/quote']

... obviously you've not been here long enough to see the way i run my Swansea :P

There's only 6 non-british/non-british based players at the club (Handanovic, Raul Garcia, Insigni, Merida, Hitz, Kadlec) and i'm not planning on many more.

Anyway i'm going to start finishing my part of the Divison 2 previews now.

... obviously you've not been here long enough to see the way i run my Swansea :P

There's only 6 non-british/non-british based players at the club (Handanovic' date=' Raul Garcia, Insigni, Merida, Hitz, Kadlec) and i'm not planning on many more.

Anyway i'm going to start finishing my part of the Divison 2 previews now.[/quote']

Well I am a newbie, still learning the ropes:o. Cheers for informing me anyways. :)

8m' date=' decent price there![/quote']

And i cant even get £8,000,000 for a midfielder who went to the world cup and plays for one of the better teams on spain :(

Therefore Hereford are after a keeper on loan :)

Sorry about that mate just need the money for a bigger transfer !

Nice buy but you can get the same rating for less' date=' plus you're able to sell back to external for bonus money which you can't with Hughes. ;)[/quote']

Its not all about current rating mate, Hughes will easily retain and fits nicely into SJ's defence. He is also very underrated and worth alot more than what i managed to get for him !

Edit : surprised no ones even bothered to give me some offers for delac ?

And i cant even get £8' date='000,000 for a midfielder who went to the world cup and plays for one of the better teams on spain :(

Its not all about current rating mate, Hughes will easily retain and fits nicely into SJ's defence. He is also very underrated and worth alot more than what i managed to get for him !

[b']Edit [/b]: surprised no ones even bothered to give me some offers for delac ?

It's hard to come by offers from other managers in this setup even when a world class player is for sale:eek:

And i cant even get £8' date='000,000 for a midfielder who went to the world cup and plays for one of the better teams on spain :(

[b']Edit [/b]: surprised no ones even bothered to give me some offers for delac ?

No one can bid for Delac he is on loan ;)