English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

The offer for Brian LLUY of Almería from Cardiff City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

The offer for Marcos ROJO of Estudiantes from Cardiff City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

The offer for Souleymane DIAWARA of Marseille from Cardiff City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

The offer for Joris MATHIJSEN of Hamburger SV from Cardiff City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

The offer for Antonio LOPEZ of Atlético Madrid from Cardiff City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

Three quality players in Lopez, Diawara and Mathijsen complete my starting defencive players. Lluy and Rojo are hopefully two young Argies that with rises will form my back up defence. :)

• Replies 38.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swanseajack

• Matty_avfc

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Can you help poor Kieran? Kieran Westwood - Goalkeeper - Aged 26 - Rated 85 This is Keiran, he likes sunny days, cold milk and fresh cookies.

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Building on Ed's work and in contrast to SJ's predictions ('cos I agree with you Ed' date=' many do seem to be writing off the new boys, with no rea

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread hang on fellas........... First.... Then.... A quick.... Remember to... Then grab some.... And a.... Into position...... ......

Sold Ighalo,Swallow,Weinberger and Jae-Sung Lee for a combined £6 Million pounds,I am also set to sign Marcinho Guerrero of Avai for £1.4 Million and he should get +2 rise to 82 and will be sold on for quite a decent profit,Guerrero and Harmash in the middle of the park should hopefully really help my side push up the table,we also lost 3-1 to Bury last night and we must bring in a new defender.

I am back!!!!!

Firstly the fact that I have been sitting in temperatures mid 30 degrees every day I'd say, and now back to high teens at best isnt a great feeling :)

Seems a lot has been happening since Ive been away in terms of banter which is good :P

I think narrow losses to the two best sides in the league, and a away 2-0 win over wolves is happy enough ;)

Mostly

Thanks a lot to Ashh, Matty avfc and Swanseajack for their efforts with the championship check ups whilst i have been away - Great stuff!!!!

Guest Scout Maker

Zamora isn't going to rise' date=' maybe a slight chance so there about evens in terms of ratings. Both C/V's are at 4.2 million, one transfer listed at 5.5 million & one transfer listed at 8 million. I think i'm going to go for him, 3.5 million is a lot of money to through out of the window Matt. Seeing as it took me just 750k to bring in Hyam & Cullan, both future 80's.

Eidur Gudjohnsen - just joined Stoke, good chance he could be scoring a lot of goals. Valued at also about 4.2 million, but i wont be transfer listing him at like double my CV.[/quote']

8M for a striker who will play some sort of part with England up to Euro 2012 and is playing very well for a Mid-Table Premier League side. Gudjohnsen on the other hand is at Stoke who could be fighting relegation and is three years older than Zamora. You were not saying much when you sold Bakari Kone for that ridiculous amount.

Anyway, beat Wigan 3-1, Liedson with two goals and Olic with one. 5th in the league, very close from 4th-12th though.

8M for a striker who will play some sort of part with England up to Euro 2012 and is playing very well for a Mid-Table Premier League side. Gudjohnsen on the other hand is at Stoke who could be fighting relegation and is three years older than Zamora. You were not saying much when you sold Bakari Kone for that ridiculous amount.

Anyway' date=' beat Wigan 3-1, Liedson with two goals and Olic with one. 5th in the league, very close from 4th-12th though.

Maybe because he isn't banging in the goals every week and playing well and being tipped to play for England.[/quote']

I totally agree with you, if i had a spare 8 million lying around i would gladly take Bobby off of your hands.

Guest Scout Maker

I totally agree with you' date=' if i had a spare 8 million lying around i would gladly take Bobby off of your hands.[/quote']

Thanks, I'm in the red and I need to sell someone and as hard as it is I chose him because he hardly ever plays for me (Olic,Farfan,Liedson,Raul are all ahead of him in the pecking order) but I don't really want to get rid of him easily.

I am back!!!!!

Firstly the fact that I have been sitting in temperatures mid 30 degrees every day I'd say' date=' and now back to high teens at best isnt a great feeling :)

Seems a lot has been happening since Ive been away in terms of banter which is good :P

I think narrow losses to the two best sides in the league, and a away 2-0 win over wolves is happy enough ;)

[b']Mostly[/b]

Thanks a lot to Ashh, Matty avfc and Swanseajack for their efforts with the championship check ups whilst i have been away - Great stuff!!!!

Welcome back ,the set up missed you,tho ashh,matt did a great job while you where away.

Lots of things happening at Liverpool at the moment thought i'd keep you all up to date with the transfer so:

The offer for Thiago MOTTA of Liverpool from Bolton Wanderers has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

Leaving for 13m, good player but i'm raising funds for a few younger stars:)

Emiliano INSUA has completed his move to Newell’s Old Boys from Liverpool for £7,904,000

Again raising funds and i can't see him rising anytime soon.

The offer for Mamadou SAKHO of Paris Saint-Germain from Liverpool has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

And lastly Sakho will be re-joining the club the deal will see Howedes leaving.

More arrivals set to come in the next few days:D

Peterborough's form of result goes from good' date=' to bad, to ugly, a 3-1 defeat at the hands of Doncaster makes me wonder when a win will come along but i just hope its soon, wasn't happy when the result came through, not happy at all, but hopefully a couple of signings this week could change things before Saturday.

The first of many, not necessarily going to change my luck in fortune this season, but in seasons to come this signing could be a brilliant buy, Steve Caulker signing for a measly £800k, heard alot about him and is predicted to do very well in the future, and one day become a Premiership regular, a product of the Tottenham Academy, hopefully he comes good.

My second signing... Barry Ferguson, needed to buy him after the sale of Alan Smith left me in the poo. Will certainly start on Saturday as we welcome Coventry to London Road, hopefully a dominating performance from Ferguson, which we haven't necessarily had since the sale of Alan Smith, will turn the game for us, and with that our form. Signed by Alex Mcleish in real life for a bargain price of £1.2million ill be paying abit over that at £6.6million. ;)

Kyle Naughton and Gregory Sertic will both miss the game through suspension and will miss Coventry, Middlesborough and West Brom which just adds insult to injury with Mike Williamson out still with his broken arm, and won't return for another 3 weeks. Fourteen games to go, and 42 points up for grabs, i think 20 out of them 42 will see me to safety, and possibly with that a top half finish. Currently sit 9 points away from 6th place Middlesbrough too, so a decent run of results could easily see me reach the play off's.[/quote']

Nice bit off buisness bringing in Barry Ferguson :)

Anyway' date=' beat Wigan 3-1, Liedson with two goals and Olic with one. 5th in the league, very close from 4th-12th though.[/quote']

First off you weren't even in the setup when the Kone deal occured, so it's nothing to do with you. And i sold Kone, i didn't buy him.

Anyway i couldn't manage to get an 8 million bid for Stewart Downing, 26/89, so you will struggle to get a buyer. He's been for sale for sometime and he hasn't left the club, Gudjohnsen will score goals and has already attracted interest with Peterborough shortlisting him.

Anyway Tom, glad your back!!!

Guest Scout Maker

First off you weren't even in the setup when the Kone deal occured' date=' so it's nothing to do with you. And i sold Kone, i didn't buy him.

Anyway i couldn't manage to get an 8 million bid for Stewart Downing, 26/89, so you will struggle to get a buyer. He's been for sale for sometime and he hasn't left the club, Gudjohnsen will score goals and has already attracted interest with Peterborough shortlisting him.

Anyway Tom, glad your back!!![/quote']

Yes, but I saw a post of yours saying that you had sold Kone and Hooper, can't remember the amounts but they were alot over the players CV.

Zamora's been shortlisted by 9 teams and Ledgendary Manager actually offered me £8M via PM earlier and said he would give it to me once he sells a player.

Peterborough's form of result goes from good' date=' to bad, to ugly, a 3-1 defeat at the hands of Doncaster makes me wonder when a win will come along but i just hope its soon, wasn't happy when the result came through, not happy at all, but hopefully a couple of signings this week could change things before Saturday.

[b']The first of many, not necessarily going to change my luck in fortune this season, but in seasons to come this signing could be a brilliant buy, Steve Caulker signing for a measly £800k, heard alot about him and is predicted to do very well in the future, and one day become a Premiership regular, a product of the Tottenham Academy, hopefully he comes good. [/b]

My second signing... Barry Ferguson, needed to buy him after the sale of Alan Smith left me in the poo. Will certainly start on Saturday as we welcome Coventry to London Road, hopefully a dominating performance from Ferguson, which we haven't necessarily had since the sale of Alan Smith, will turn the game for us, and with that our form. Signed by Alex Mcleish in real life for a bargain price of £1.2million ill be paying abit over that at £6.6million. ;)

Kyle Naughton and Gregory Sertic will both miss the game through suspension and will miss Coventry, Middlesborough and West Brom which just adds insult to injury with Mike Williamson out still with his broken arm, and won't return for another 3 weeks. Fourteen games to go, and 42 points up for grabs, i think 20 out of them 42 will see me to safety, and possibly with that a top half finish. Currently sit 9 points away from 6th place Middlesbrough too, so a decent run of results could easily see me reach the play off's.

He's a great buy. He looked solid in the U-19 championships when I saw him. I would have bidded but I'm having to constantly sell risers just to keep out of dept.

The offer for Cristian Raúl LEDESMA of Preston North End from Colón has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

His well known replacement should be accepted soon, so it was the right time to sell him.

Watch this space for further PNE news....................... :D

Nice bit off buisness bringing in Barry Ferguson :)

Cheers. 100% fit' date=' raring and ready to go against Coventry.

He's a great buy. He looked solid in the U-19 championships when I saw him. I would have bidded but I'm having to constantly sell risers just to keep out of dept.

Four clubs were interested, and neither placed a bid, that's what shocked me, i expected abit of competition, but Im not going to complain, I've landed two bargains today and I'm thoroughly pleased with the work, hopefully fingers crossed, i land another couple players over the next couple of days. :)

The offer for Thiago MOTTA of Liverpool from Bolton Wanderers has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

Midfield + Attack now complete

GK:Neuer (91)

LB: Riise (90) // Dominguez (87)

CB: Carragher (92) // Barzagli (89)

CB: Delpierre (90) //

RB: Westermann (91) // Fritz (89)

CM: Motta (90) // Cheyrou (90)

CM: Barry (90) // Poulsen (90)

LAM: Benayoun (90) // Joaquin (90)

RAM: Park (90) // Palacio (90)

AM: Cahill (91) // Misimovic (90)

CF: Huntelaar (91) // Carew (90)

If i improve the defence to at least 6 90+ and then Dominguez + Barzagli then ill be a very happy manager ;) Looking to sell delac aswell have had written bids of £7,000,000 ish so if anyones willing to beat that ....

Having to watch a target l would love to buy slip throught my fingers Today so l have the money for a deal in the coming days..

Team news for Tom game.Demel(sus) out and Collins in.

Gary O'neil in and Chris Eagles dropped to the bench.Reo coker keeps his place as def/Mid.

Garmash has got his +6 rise to 83 this morning and will now be sold for at least £5.9 Million due to my extremely high C/V:)' date='whenever you make £5.2 Million on a player it's always a good deal:D.[/quote']

Very nice.B)

Maybe not as good as your buy but Kanibolotskiy got a +8 to 83 today.:)

After my 3-1 win over Sunderland' date=' if I'm not Manager of the Month it's rigged. I was bottom of the table and now I'm 7 points clear off the bottom ;)

Douglas Costa got a plus 2 for me :D[/quote']

You need to have good form to get MOTM and being near the relegation zone woth a team like villa isn't going to get you MOTM anytime soon.

And while we are on the subject of MOTM come on lads and lasses VOTE!!!!!!

http://forum.soccermanager.com/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=374

You need to have good form to get MOTM and being near the relegation zone woth a team like villa isn't going to get you MOTM anytime soon.

And while we are on the subject of MOTM come on lads and lasses VOTE!!!!!!

http://forum.soccermanager.com/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=374

But it's Manager of the Month!

I've had a brilliant month ;)