English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

But I had to turn the team around :P

How do you do those screen shots btw?

If you use google chrome you can downlaod what they call "extensions"' date=' there a bit like apps and you can download loads of them.

If you do use google chrome its called light shot and you can select which bit you need so you don't have to print screen the whole screen. It's very useful.[/font']

If you use google chrome you can downlaod what they call "extensions"' date=' there a bit like apps and you can download loads of them.

If you do use google chrome its called light shot and you can select which bit you need so you don't have to print screen the whole screen. It's very useful.[/font']

Thanks :) I've wanted to know for ages but I've been lazy lol

Thanks a heap mate :D

Some good news for me, Emmanuel Mbola this week had trials at Arsenal and is now understood to be on verge of signing a contract then being loaned out to a European side. Abit lucky too, was slightly disappointed when i heard he'd joined TP Mazembe after being linked with a move to Spurs, but now seems like he may be coming to London after all but this time to Arsenal. :)

So ever since I took over Bristol Rovers back on the 24th of August, I've led the team to 2 very strong wins and a 0-0 draw away from home against a Shrewsbury Town team that's in very good form. I've sold Simsek, Filatov, Baird, and Cisse (because they all had very high CVs), and brought in Ivan Cordoba, Mohamed Zidan, Danny Murphy, Sergei Semak, Essam El Hadary, and sprinkled in a little youth/depth with Roberto Fagner and Paulo Roberto.

Ivan Cordoba shouldn't drop again for a while, but even if he does, at the roughly 5.5 mil that I payed for him he's a great buy and will still be worth his transfer fee after a -2. Murphy and Semak, despite their old age, won't drop anytime soon. Zidan and El Hadary are me bringing in a little Egyptian-ness into the team and sort of putting my stamp on it, although they will both be crucial to the team's success this year as El Hadary's about the best GK you can find at 87 for under 4 mil, and Zidan is a great value Fwd who's been due a rise to 89 for ages but just keeps on missing out (this past time because of injury, before that because Dortmund weren't doing so well, etc).

I tried to add alot more youth to the squad than just Fagner and Roberto, but it was near impossible; all the 10k potential risers are gone, the Brazilian risers (those getting greater than a +2 rise anyway) are gone, same with Argentina, and same with Ukraine. I only have 110k left to spend anyway, so its not like any risers rated higher than like 72 were an option for me, but I still wasn't able to find any rated at that rating. Will just have to search harder next time I get my hands on some money...

Will hopefully hopefully hopefully do a report this coming weekend.

Javier MASCHERANO has completed his move to West Bromwich Albion from Internazionale for £23' date='150,000 :D:D:D:D:D[/quote']

:eek::eek:

Wowzerr.

Nice signing buddy but i mean come on your in the relegation zone you could of brought 4+ players for that to get you out of the mess you find yourself in but you brought one huge player who on his own will not make that much of a difference.

Hey guys, how's it going. Haven't been posting a lot lately but have been viewing the thread day in and day out. Relatively happy with the form my United is currently having due to the poor finish last season. Hope you guys do well with your teams with quite a lot of turns more to go. Good to see the league progressing very well.

If teams could go bank rupt on this game then West Brom's chances of being liquidized have risen!!!! :P

Relying on a DM to save them.. Still a massive signing' date=' but also a massive gamble.[/quote']

If your gonna waste your whole budget on one player surely a striker would be a better option ? :confused:

You've had a decent month yes but compared to the others i had to go with one of the top one's and i opted for west ham.

2vc6gj9.png

There's more then six games in a month Matt ...

Javier MASCHERANO has completed his move to West Bromwich Albion from Internazionale for £23' date='150,000 :D:D:D:D:D[/quote']

Makes my away win over you lookly slightly better i suppose, i'd have gone for maybe a less high profile buy as your in massive trouble down the bottom and a big player might help you push for the play-offs or whatever but Mascherano will just tighten up your defence slighly.

Yes i know there's more than 6 games in a month i never said there wasn't' date=' but its a very good indication.

and how does your win look slightly better now? he never had mascherano when he played you.[/b']

lol, try and think Matt. West Brom will probably pick up results, meaning a win over West Brom wont come as easily, i'm not saying that a win suddenly turn amazing overnight, it looks better.

:eek::eek:

Wowzerr.

Nice signing buddy but i mean come on your in the relegation zone you could of brought 4+ players for that to get you out of the mess you find yourself in but you brought one huge player who on his own will not make that much of a difference.

Yes but i brought him for 23mil and my chairman values him at 31mil so i will be hopeing to get at least 35mil for him which would be a 12mil profit :) i still have 14mil to buy players with ;) i am happy with my squad at the moment although i will more than likely be relegated.

In my opinion its good for money making and rubbish for trying to stay up. with the £37,000,000 you had available you could of brought in about 8 players to fit into the current team or splashed out on some 89-90 players and added some quality. Now you just have a class cm

If your gonna waste your whole budget on one player surely a striker would be a better option ? :confused:

I haven't wasted my whole budget on one player and plus although strikers get all the credit when they score it is the midfielders that create most of the goals and even the likes of rooney or torres would be useless without a good midfield to supply the balls for them ;)

In my opinion its good for money making and rubbish for trying to stay up. with the £37' date='000,000 you had available you could of brought in about 8 players to fit into the current team or splashed out on some 89-90 players and added some quality. Now you just have a class cm[/quote']

Yes but why buy the players if i am happy enough with the squad i have ???

Yes but why buy the players if i am happy enough with the squad i have ???

So your happy with a bunch of low 80 players and the high possibility of relegation and just to say if you go down this season division 3 is going to be hard if not harder next

So your happy with a bunch of low 80 players and the high possibility of relegation and just to say if you go down this season division 3 is going to be hard if not harder next

I wasn't very active on this for a while so i got to buy hardly any players and dropped from 6th after a few games to 18th after 24 games, yes i will try to stay in this division but with not being active for ages it is like learning how to play soccermanager all over again so i admit yes i probably will get relegated which is why i have drought a good moneymaker to get the cash to improve the team next season.

Here's a (another:rolleyes:) reminder' date=' We currently have 10 votes and with the amount of people in this league i would like around 20.

Manager Of The Month

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=374[/url]

Put my votes in.We all would love to recieve a MOTM award so let us all try and vote and do our part to support those who set it up and manage it.