English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

A 2-1 defeat to Coventry last night makes it no win in six games' date=' and leaves Peterborough in 17th place and six points away from the drop zone where i don't think I've ever been and don't want to start now. I'm still trying my up-most to gain a win, but whatever i try doesn't work. But it doesn't help at all when Jody Craddock adds to my growing players who will be sidelined. Now without no Mike Williamson (broken arm, been out for long time and won't be back for another 3 weeks), no Kyle Naughton who sits out with a 2 match ban along with Gregory Sertic.

Anyway, time for some good news, Seamus Coleman is on his way to ..... London Road, not Eastlands and not the Walkers Stadium. He's going to get regular minutes under his belt and is signing on for a cheap price of £2.8million. Have some very promising talents now at Peterborough, the likes of Seamus Coleman, Marc Albrighton, Steve Caulker, David Meyler (Sadly Meyler suffered serious cruciate ligament damage, leaving him sidelined for 12 months), Emmanuel Mbola (Believed to be close to signing for Arsenal), Nathan Ecclestone and Matthew Briggs. Also young Frenchman, Arnaud Mendy is getting some game time under his belt at Tranmere (on loan from Derby), and he also scored the winner in there 1-0 win against Peterborough yesterday afternoon.

Another recent signing Barry Ferguson made his début last night, and got a rating of 7, and actually kept Coventry quiet seeing as they only managed to net two goals, we didn't see as much of the ball as Coventry but things are beginning to look up, Fraizer Campbell also received man of the match. The two wide men in dos Santos Giovani and Jonathan Walters received ratings of 5, but i think i know why that is.

All in all mixed feelings this morning. But bring on West Brom on Wednesday. :)[/quote']

Great signing in Coleman,few hundred k short of bidding myself,your patience paid off a great addition.your squads really taking shape.

• Replies 38.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swanseajack

• Matty_avfc

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Can you help poor Kieran? Kieran Westwood - Goalkeeper - Aged 26 - Rated 85 This is Keiran, he likes sunny days, cold milk and fresh cookies.

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Building on Ed's work and in contrast to SJ's predictions ('cos I agree with you Ed' date=' many do seem to be writing off the new boys, with no rea

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread hang on fellas........... First.... Then.... A quick.... Remember to... Then grab some.... And a.... Into position...... ......

Ok well time is up and here are your manager of the month for each divsision.

August Manager of The month

Division 1

Winner - West ham - Ahmed Gharib (8 votes)

Other contenders

Manchester United (5 Votes)

Portsmouth (7 Votes)

Burnley (1 Vote)

Division 2

Winner - Hull City - Callum hewett- (7 Votes)

Other contenders

Preston North End (3 Votes)

Leicester City (6 Votes)

Blackpool (5 Votes)

Wolves (1 Vote)

Division 3

Joint Winners - Nottingham Forest - Lucas Radebe20 (10 Votes)

Brighton And Hove Albion - Ed Moses (10 Votes)

Other contenders

Shrewbury (1 Vote)

Bristol rovers (1 Vote)

Division 4

Winner Stockport County - ming hui (11 Votes)

Other contenders

Yeovil (9 Votes)

Bury (2 Votes)

Thank you to everyone who voted :)

The offer for Alessandro NESTA of Milan from Sunderland has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

I feel I may have over-paid for him (Angelo Ogbonna + Alou Diarra), but I'm in desperate need of a 90+ defender, and I believe Nesta still has some years left to play, so I'm willing to take a gamble on this.

The offer for Lorik CANA of Galatasaray SK from Sunderland has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

Re-sign him as he will work as a replacement to Alou Diarra. Gala is in a horrific bad form at the moment, and perhaps this could affect his rating, but I personally doubt it as he is class. Giving away Ruben Micael, who hasn't been nailing a starting spot for Porto this season (so far) which is quite a shame as I expected him to get a starting place after last seasons good form. Giving away Christophe Jallet aswell, who I cannot see over 90 unless he moves to a bigger club. Class player though.

I may cancel this deal if anyone is selling a 90+ DM/CM (who won't drop!).

The offer for Marco DJURICIN of Hertha BSC from Sunderland has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

Great young talent from Hertha. I now have the two ''golden'' talents of Hertha in him and Lasogga! :D Will be making a PTS on him and Lasogga shortly aswell.

I feel I may have over-paid for him (Angelo Ogbonna + Alou Diarra)' date=' but I'm in desperate need of a 90+ defender, and I believe Nesta still has some years left to play, so I'm willing to take a gamble on this.[/font']

Re-sign him as he will work as a replacement to Alou Diarra. Gala is in a horrific bad form at the moment, and perhaps this could affect his rating, but I personally doubt it as he is class. Giving away Ruben Micael, who hasn't been nailing a starting spot for Porto this season (so far) which is quite a shame as I expected him to get a starting place after last seasons good form. Giving away Christophe Jallet aswell, who I cannot see over 90 unless he moves to a bigger club. Class player though.

I may cancel this deal if anyone is selling a 90+ DM/CM (who won't drop!).

Great young talent from Hertha. I now have the two ''golden'' talents of Hertha in him and Lasogga! :D Will be making a PTS on him and Lasogga shortly aswell.

I may sell Song if the offers good enough.

Well i've managed to bring in two players to the club, following the Youth Cup final i've shaked things up a little letting go of Marvin Hitz & Paul McGowan in part exchange in and well:

The offer for Ryan MASON of AlbinoLeffe from Swansea City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

The offer for Ben ALNWICK of Al Masry from Swansea City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

Both of Tottenham, Alnwick's 23 but nethertheless he's a good second choice keeper. Whilst Ryan Mason has played three times this season for Doncaster and he could well rise to 78/79.

Ok well time is up and here are your manager of the month for each divsision.

August Manager of The month

Division 1

Winner - West ham - Ahmed Gharib (8 votes)

Other contenders

Manchester United (5 Votes)

Portsmouth (7 Votes)

Burnley (1 Vote)

Division 2

Winner - Hull City - Callum hewett- (7 Votes)

Other contenders

Preston North End (3 Votes)

Leicester City (6 Votes)

Blackpool (5 Votes)

Wolves (1 Vote)

Division 3

Joint Winners - Nottingham Forest - Lucas Radebe20 (10 Votes)

Brighton And Hove Albion - Ed Moses (10 Votes)

Other contenders

Shrewbury (1 Vote)

Bristol rovers (1 Vote)

Division 4

Winner Stockport County - ming hui (11 Votes)

Other contenders

Yeovil (9 Votes)

Bury (2 Votes)

Thank you to everyone who voted :)

Sorry folks - I have been on Holiday so not been around. Thanks for the guys that voted for me - really appreciate the nod. I agree with all the winners here - If i had been around earlier i probably would have voted for Forest in Div 3, I know I am currently a joint winner with Forest but am happy for it to be awarded to Radebe - I have won it a couple times before.

Meanwhile my form over the last two months has been excellent and I am pleased as punch to now sit top of the division!!!!!!! Two successive promotions are startign to look a possibility - still wont bet against Jinx letting me do well until nabbing the league title of me in the last game of the season again though! Here hoping I am in the mix come game 38!

Yann M'VILA has completed his move to Liverpool from Valencia for £9,000,000 plus Tomislav BOSEC and Ivan PEKO

:D:D:D

I'm having a spending spree on French up and coming stars at the moment, i have now signed Remy, Sakho and M'Vila with one more player to come:p

I'm having a spending spree on French up and coming stars at the moment' date=' i have now signed Remy, Sakho and M'Vila with one more player to come:p[/quote']

Very good signing!

Anyway i've completed the signing of Alnwick & Ryan Mason. Still got some money in the bank but it's dissapearing all the time really, lost 200k from my last home match and something like 700k from my last away match. Pretty suprised with that, trying to cut down on wages really.

EDIT: Mason & Alnwick are now availible for loan

EDIT 2: Luke Young has been transfer listed, for C/V (6.05m) & Joleon Lescott is availible for transfer (p/e)

Well i've managed to bring in two players to the club' date=' following the Youth Cup final i've shaked things up a little letting go of Marvin Hitz & Paul McGowan in part exchange in and well:

Both of Tottenham, Alnwick's 23 but nethertheless he's a good second choice keeper. Whilst Ryan Mason has played three times this season for Doncaster and he could well rise to 78/79.[/quote']

Alnwick was left out of Tottenham's 25 man squad so expect him to move on sometime soon.

I'm having a spending spree on French up and coming stars at the moment' date=' i have now signed Remy, Sakho and M'Vila with one more player to come:p[/quote']

Some good signings there. Blackpool would like to place themselves at the front of the queue if you're loaning any of them out!

Just in case any of you are interested, I may well be PX/selling :-

Lopez Rafa (Def/DM Aged 25 Rated 88)

Andreas Ottl (DM Aged 25 Rated 87)

Federico Fazio (CB/DM Aged 23 Rated 87)

Sergio Sanchez (RB/CB Aged 24 Rated 86

Ivan Herceg (DM/Def Aged 20 Rated 80)

It all depends on value and replacements as this crucial time of the season as this would have a major impact on my defensive capabilities - a heads up just in case anyones interested.

Right then I'm off for a run then when I get back we'll be previewing tonights absolutly magnificent and crunch fa cup semi final ties at Wembley stadium!

With the current FA Cup Champions, and only ever FA Cup Champions in Sunderland facing ..... Southend United of all!!! Can the absolute minnows and fairy tale tellers of Season 2's FA Cup knock out the holders?

Thats not all... In the other semi finale, we have Carling Cup holders Bolton taking on big money Manchester City.

We are in some finish to this season's cup!!!

Alnwick was left out of Tottenham's 25 man squad so expect him to move on sometime soon.

Probably on loan ..., anyway i didn't expect him to play first team football. Could well be used in the carling cup with some talk of Cudicini joining a Championship side on loan.

No bids on Lescott or Luke Young as yet, might consider a cash bid for Lescott i've just got to see what sort of bid i get from external.

With the current FA Cup Champions' date=' and only ever FA Cup Champions in Sunderland facing ..... Southend United of all!!! Can the absolute minnows and fairy tale tellers of Season 2's FA Cup knock out the holders?[/quote']

To be honest, I wouldn't be suprised if they did knock me off. I mean, my team is clearly out of form, and I'm also on the verge of trying a new formation tonight. I'm still thinking about doing the latter aswell - No Joke. If I do decide to try a new formation, I beg to god I make it to the final.

To be honest' date=' I wouldn't be suprised if they did knock me off. I mean, my team is clearly out of form, and I'm also on the verge of trying a new formation tonight. I'm still thinking about doing the latter aswell - No Joke. If I do decide to try a new formation, I beg to god I make it to the final.[/quote']

Don't expect too much, you should beat my 87 rated team.

Cancelled the David James deal by accident last night :o

Brought in Anto Stokes and Rui Patricio today.

Cancelled my Fahey and Hooiveld deals as they are not needed quite yet.

Looking to sign a new striker so I've got 3/4 in mind.

Waiting for another bid on James from externals and waiting for a bid on Cleverley after dropping his asking price to £5.5M.

Guest Scout Maker

Zamora is off to Preston for £7.3M, and Christian Noboa of Rubin Kazan who's rating went +1 to 89 two weeks ago, is off to Rubin Kazan for £11M. If anyone can match the bid for Noboa, then I'll cancel it.

This cash should give me enough to sign a 92+ Player, neither Zamora or Noboa are starters for Fulham.

Well done to Diego & Sunderland for a 2nd successive FA Cup Final appearence.

Also well done to Adam D with his Man City on their first FA Cup Final appearence.

Who is going to get the trophy though, and the ultimate prize of having their own team buses wahed by the Swanseajack Car Washes Company? !!!!